Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just a quick reminder, this thread is for any bargains found outside of the "Deals with Gold" sales. Any "Deals with Gold" posts should be made in the "Deals with Gold" thread, otherwise bargains in this thread might be missed in the weekly deluge of posts for the "Deals with Gold".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder, this thread is for any bargains found outside of the "Deals with Gold" sales. Any "Deals with Gold" posts should be made in the "Deals with Gold" thread, otherwise bargains in this thread might be missed in the weekly deluge of posts for the "Deals with Gold".
    Apologies, was posting in haste in work and meant to post in DWG thread :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

skerry wrote: »
    Apologies, was posting in haste in work and meant to post in DWG thread :(

Don't worry about it, there's enough new posters in the forum that it's worth repeating anyway, your post just made me get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I see Battleborn is only 5.99 in Argos. Is it any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Chieftain wrote: »
    I see Battleborn is only 5.99 in Argos. Is it worth any good?

A few of us got it on the PS4, its not a bad little co-op game tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€4.97 in Gamestop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's not a bad game, it just tanked due to releasing at the same time as Overwatch and appearing to be a similar game. Still worth a punt at the price. Think its €4.99 in both GameStop and Smyths atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/A-KINGS-TALE:-FINAL-FANTASY-XV/BW0D9LH9GG6D

A kings tale is now free on the marketplace. It was originally a preorder bonus for FFXV, it's a standalone side scroller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dead Rising 4 is currently £20 on thegamecollection.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Verdun the WW1 Realistic shooter coming out in the 8th is €11.99 at the moment from the store. Can't go wrong for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dead Rising 4 is currently £20 on thegamecollection.net

The temptation, damn you! :-)

Was looking for a good deal on a controller for a while and seen this one HDUK. £44.99 (€52 ish) for a black Xbone controller and the add says it comes with Forza 6.

Missed out on it the other day and its just popped up again now. It actually comes with 3 codes in the email, a code for Forza 6, one for Forza Horizon 3 and another for a Ferrari car for Forza 3.

Works out pretty sweet for me as I have a hard copy of Forza 3 which I believe CEX give €29 cash or €38 credit for so I'm gonna trade my hardcopy and will have Forza 6 and a controller for €23

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

skerry wrote:
    Works out pretty sweet for me as I have a hard copy of Forza 3 which I believe CEX give €29 cash or €38 credit for so I'm gonna trade my hardcopy and will have Forza 6 and a controller for €23

Wait so you get a controller, Forza 6 AND Forza Horizon 3 all for £44.99 even tho it only mentions Forza 6!?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wait so you get a controller, Forza 6 AND Forza Horizon 3 all for £44.99 even tho it only mentions Forza 6!?

Yeah thats pretty much it. Must be a mistake. It was up during the week and went out of stock pretty quickly but popped up again.

Loads of comments on hduk saying folks got all 3 codes. Worked for me anyway.

The Forza Horizon 3 code description in the email is 'D Forza 6' so reckon there's some mix up with the descriptions. Redeem it and Horizon 3 pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

how do you sell on the codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tinner777 wrote: »
    how do you sell on the codes?

Well if you never redeem them you just email the buyer the code you received.

Well if you never redeem them you just email the buyer the code you received.

best place to sell them? Adverts??

I redeemed all codes, I just happen to have hardcopy of FH3 so gonna trade that in. I'm sure you could sell on codes as mentioned above though.

sorry Skerry, where would i sell them?

Its showing up as out of stock now. Did anyone else manage to get in there and get the codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

best place to sell them? Adverts??

Adverts or even different gaming sites that allow such a thing, ebay is another option.

Anyone here looking for fonza 6 or fonza horision 3 here before I throw them up on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone here looking for fonza 6 or fonza horision 3 here before I throw them up on adverts?
    Is FH 3 useable for PC?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is FH 3 useable for PC?

It's a play anywhere title, so any digital purchase will do.

Black controller and Forza codes showing up as back in stock on Game website. Someone on HDUK just posted saying he redeemed all 3 codes there.

It's a great deal if you don't have the games, have them on hardcopy or can flog digital codes
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Gamestop have a similar offer black controller , the division and 3months xbox live 69e
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/57650/wireless-entertainment-pack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How much?

both gone

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

skerry wrote: »
    Black controller and Forza codes showing up as back in stock on Game website. Someone on HDUK just posted saying he redeemed all 3 codes there.

It's a great deal if you don't have the games, have them on hardcopy or can flog digital codes
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

Thanks so much for the heads up. I was annoyed that I missed this originally so I just bought it there. Received my 3 codes instantly and redeemed with no issues. Thanks again!

• Advertisement

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the heads up. I was annoyed that I missed this originally so I just bought it there. Received my 3 codes instantly and redeemed with no issues. Thanks again!

No bother, I was in the same boat last week when missed out. It's popped up and been out of stock a few times since then.

Great deal, definitely some mistake with the extra Forza Horizon 3 code or they would be advertising it as part of the deal otherwise. Glad someone else got to take advantage.

I've had FH3 since Christmas but only getting stuck in now the last few days, great game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement