Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

skerry wrote: »
    Was looking for a good deal on a controller for a while and seen this one HDUK. £44.99 (€52 ish) for a black Xbone controller and the add says it comes with Forza 6.

Missed out on it the other day and its just popped up again now. It actually comes with 3 codes in the email, a code for Forza 6, one for Forza Horizon 3 and another for a Ferrari car for Forza 3.

Works out pretty sweet for me as I have a hard copy of Forza 3 which I believe CEX give €29 cash or €38 credit for so I'm gonna trade my hardcopy and will have Forza 6 and a controller for €23

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

Cheers for this, having difficulty them accepting payment, but i'll try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

budhabob wrote: »
    Was looking for a good deal on a controller for a while and seen this one HDUK. £44.99 (€52 ish) for a black Xbone controller and the add says it comes with Forza 6.

Missed out on it the other day and its just popped up again now. It actually comes with 3 codes in the email, a code for Forza 6, one for Forza Horizon 3 and another for a Ferrari car for Forza 3.

Works out pretty sweet for me as I have a hard copy of Forza 3 which I believe CEX give €29 cash or €38 credit for so I'm gonna trade my hardcopy and will have Forza 6 and a controller for €23

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

Cheers for this, having difficulty them accepting payment, but i'll try again later.

Are you trying on a mobile or on a computer? Mobile was a disaster for me last week, their desktop website isn't much better.

I paid with Visa Debit no bother and folks on hduk saying PayPal was fine too.

Are you trying on a mobile or on a computer? Mobile was a disaster for me last week, their desktop website isn't much better.

I paid with Visa Debit no bother and folks on hduk saying PayPal was fine too.

on desktop, have tried visa and paypal, may just be a glitch this morning. Will try again at lunch.

My xbox live isnt up until the end of april, but i presume the code will be fine until then? Or will it run concurrently if i was to redeem straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you redeem it now the subscription will stack, so you'll be good until end of april 2018

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    If you redeem it now the subscription will stack, so you'll be good until end of april 2018

Cheers. Now just for Game to accept my payment.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

budhabob wrote: »
    Cheers. Now just for Game to accept my payment.........:D

CD Keys are usually the cheapest for Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

maximoose wrote: »

I thought you couldn't stack subs anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

nicklauski wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't stack subs anymore?

Pretty Sure You Can :D

Lego Worlds is 24.99 in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Dont know if its a deal as I am not a Halo fan but I came across this on CD keys while checking out their deals
    Halo 5 Gaurdians Digital Delux Edition for €26.89

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dont know if its a deal as I am not a Halo fan but I came across this on CD keys while checking out their deals
    Halo 5 Gaurdians Digital Delux Edition for €26.89

its been as low as €17. Its also going in that gamepass thing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Insane Xbox One deal on Game atm.

1TB console with Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition(digital), Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay for £269.99/~€308.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-halo-wars-2-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-plus-4-free-games-1856980/?cm_mmc=update-_-wk321617-_-skinny-_-Xbox4games

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Insane Xbox One deal on Game atm.

1TB console with Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition(digital), Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay for £269.99/~€308.
    Holy crap! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths are selling the Xbox One S 500gb Minecraft edition with extra controller for €249

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Wheres the best place to get a cable for the wireless controller in xbox 360.i have seen a few cheap ones on amazon with conflicting reviews about quality etc and i would rather pay extra to get a decent one but i cant seem to see them on the official microsoft site.

Wheres the best place to get a cable for the wireless controller in xbox 360.i have seen a few cheap ones on amazon with conflicting reviews about quality etc and i would rather pay extra to get a decent one but i cant seem to see them on the official microsoft site.

They usually come with the rechargeable battery pack as far as I know, I've never seen them on their own.

is it for the controller or the play & Charge kit? the controller can be connected with any micro USB cable (same as on an android phone)

is it for the controller or the play & Charge kit? the controller can be connected with any micro USB cable (same as on an android phone)

For a 360 controller? I thought they were only for the One

For a 360 controller? I thought they were only for the One

sorry, you're dead right, I didnt read it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

They usually come with the rechargeable battery pack as far as I know, I've never seen them on their own.

Its just the usb cable from the controller to the console i am looking for to save me using batteries,i would of thought there would be an official microsoft one?

Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CA0BDP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489407242&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cable+for+xbox+360+controller+to+console&dpPl=1&dpID=41008eNSWUL&ref=plSrch
    But as i said the reviews come with conflicting quality

I am not 100% sure but I don't think they are sold separately unless Gamestop have then 2nd hand
    They normally come with the battery pack

Anyone know if the Base game for Destiny can be got digitally on its own. Only see the collection available online but I have all the DLC and would be nice to have the Base game digital copy as opposed to have to go out buying a hardcopy of it in CEX or Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know if the Base game for Destiny can be got digitally on its own. Only see the collection available online but I have all the DLC and would be nice to have the Base game digital copy as opposed to have to go out buying a hardcopy of it in CEX or Gamestop.

No, the game is only available as part of the Collection digitally with all 4 dlc packs.

Smyths are selling TTK disc sets for €15 if you need a hard copy.

Black controller and Forza codes showing up as back in stock on Game website. Someone on HDUK just posted saying he redeemed all 3 codes there.

It's a great deal if you don't have the games, have them on hardcopy or can flog digital codes
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-wireless-controller-black-with-forza-motorsport-6-standard-edition-1850186

Just wondering if anyone else who ordered this deal got their controller yet? Mines been posted more than 10 days ago and still no sign. Emailed GAME and despite the website quoting 3-5 days for European delivery, they actually say Ireland is international and takes 21 days to deliver a package from the UK to Ireland.

Absolute joke of a company to deal with, between the website being utter muck and delivery times being beyond ridiculous. Still a great deal though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Just wondering if anyone else who ordered this deal got their controller yet? Mines been posted more than 10 days ago and still no sign. Emailed GAME and despite the website quoting 3-5 days for European delivery, they actually say Ireland is international and takes 21 days to deliver a package from the UK to Ireland.

Absolute joke of a company to deal with, between the website being utter muck and delivery times being beyond ridiculous. Still a great deal though :p

I ordered on the 7th and my controller arrived yesterday, never got a message saying it was dispatched or when to expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Halo wars 2 is on offer in Argos for €32

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Hococop wrote: »
    3 months free gold to boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hococop wrote: »

I can see argos from my office and I am like will I run over? Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I can see argos from my office and I am like will I run over? Haha

Click the special offers button when reserving Halo Wars 2 at Argos and you will get 3 months of Xbox Live for free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement