Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Most importantly they match the styling of the Elite controller. :pac:

But then I'd have to go and buy an Elite controller... it has to stop somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

mcgovern wrote: »
    And €4.97 in Gamestop

Is Battleborn any good?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, they're pretty much the same headset as far as I can tell, you just don't get the usb 7.1 virtual surround soundcard if you buy the xbox branded ones.

Last time I used a headset it was the crappy one that came with the 360. Cloud II doesn't have in-line volume adjust if soundcard bit is pc only, whereas the Pro does.

Presume there's not much need to be fiddling with the volume once it's set and if it has to be adjusted that doing it through the Xbox isn't too much hassle?

I'd not buy a headset again until we see what Dolby Atmos delivers and MS own implementation of positional sound. What I've heard of atmos on a stereo head set is enough to get me interested.

Search virtual barber shop on youtube to hear what they aim to deliver and use normal every day stereo headphones. 10 years old but exactly what they aim to deliver. Word is Atmos is close to being live on preview dash or is already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

skerry wrote: »
    But then I'd have to go and buy an Elite controller... it has to stop somewhere :D

Save your money, you know what happened mine. Quality controller with intermittent quality control :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last time I used a headset it was the crappy one that came with the 360. Cloud II doesn't have in-line volume adjust if soundcard bit is pc only, whereas the Pro does.

Presume there's not much need to be fiddling with the volume once it's set and if it has to be adjusted that doing it through the Xbox isn't too much hassle?

If it's just for xbox you want it might aswell get the x pro one so you'll have the controls. I'm not 100% sure what's in the box as I only have the cloud II.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just got my 'ready for collection' email for the CloudX Pro, sweet. :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If it's just for xbox you want it might aswell get the x pro one so you'll have the controls. I'm not 100% sure what's in the box as I only have the cloud II.

Sound, I'm not sure I can cancel the order at this stage but I might do a bit more research and will see if they'll swap them out if I call into Smyths when they arrive.

Funny, I must have read 20 reviews on recommended Xbox One headsets and nearly all recommended the Cloud II and no mention of the Pro's. Maybe their not out as long.

Either way I'm delighted with them at that price, been on the hunt for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sound, I'm not sure I can cancel the order at this stage but I might do a bit more research and will see if they'll swap them out if I call into Smyths when they arrive.

Funny, I must have read 20 reviews on recommended Xbox One headsets and nearly all recommended the Cloud II and no mention of the Pro's. Maybe their not out as long.

Either way I'm delighted with them at that price, been on the hunt for a while.

I remember doing a bit of research on the HyperX's a good while back based on recommendations from folks on here and PC Gaming - all the reviews were very positive for both Cloud II and CloudX. Didn't have an Xbox One at the time and have enough headsets for PC so passed on them, now I have an X1 I can't say no at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Is Battleborn any good?

I enjoyed the beta of it and bought the full game for €6 before Xmas.

I think it was the victim of bad timing, releasing it anywhere near Overwatch.

And while they look the same the games are very different.

Battleborn is a first-person shooter with MOBA elements, featuring both singleplayer and multiplayer game modes

I believe Battleborn is going free to play soon so you may want to hold out for that

To be honest though, for a €5 I would say you would get your money's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I enjoyed the beta of it and bought the full game for €6 before Xmas.

I think it was the victim of bad timing, releasing it anywhere near Overwatch.

And while they look the same the games are very different.

Battleborn is a first-person shooter with MOBA elements, featuring both singleplayer and multiplayer game modes

I believe Battleborn is going free to play soon so you may want to hold out for that

To be honest though, for a €5 I would say you would get your money's worth.

Thanks, I like having the disc version of games if I can so I'll probably buy anyway. Fiver is nothing.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just got my 'ready for collection' email for the CloudX Pro, sweet. :)

Happy days. I went ahead and ordered the CloudX Pro's there, I'll be near a Smyths next weekend so will return the CLoud II's for a refund.

Went from no headsets to two headsets in 24 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just picked up my Cloud II order from Smyths.
    Plugged them into my phone and am very impressed with the sound quality. Nice and clear, bass not great but much better​ when i launched the bass booster app.
    Haven't tried the mic or sound card and probably never will. High build quality and very comfortable​.
    Very happy with my purchase
    Thanks OP, brilliant find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Some good digital deals on Amazon at the minute. A year's EA Access for 18 sterling, Live Gold for Year for 35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Some good digital deals on Amazon at the minute. A year's EA Access for 18 sterling, Live Gold for Year for 35

Hmmm interesting....how does it work? Pay up and a code is sent to email address? I remember before there was some deal on Amazon but you had to have uk address? Are there any region restrictions? (I'm in the Middle East!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting....how does it work? Pay up and a code is sent to email address? I remember before there was some deal on Amazon but you had to have uk address? Are there any region restrictions? (I'm in the Middle East!!)

I have no idea. Try it and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You'll get it emailed.

Set up a Parcel Motel Account and set that as your primary Amazon address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

As Emmet said, setup a Parcel Motel account, thats what I did when I bought the Live and EA Access sub from Amazon.
    There is a section in the Amazon account that holds all digital codes once you have ordered something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saw this on HUKD, might interest some:

Linx Vision 8-inch Gaming Tablet £79.99
    These are Open boxed / Returned units that are professionally refurbished. Cosmetically they may bear marks / scratches / small dents, that would not hinder functionality. They may be in replacement packaging might have non-original accessories. Non-essential accessories (Manuals) may be missing. They come with 6 months warranty.

I had one for around 6 months before I sold it, it was actually great and handled very high streaming settings well around my little apartment. Great for platformers, racers and indie games but FPS or more frantic type games were a bit hard to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

That is very good for that price.
    I still have mine and still use it when playing the xbox around the house, tablet is great for movies too.
    I actually connect it to the downstairs TV and use the xbox controller to play the games downstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Homefront revolution is a 5er in Gamestop, The reviews don't look too good but you cant go wrong with a 5er....

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

maximoose wrote: »
    Saw this on HUKD, might interest some:

Linx Vision 8-inch Gaming Tablet £79.99

They don't ship to Ireland for some reason, even tho its says on page they ship and to contact them. Parcel motel I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox One S 1TB only 239.99 in Smyth's. Both the Gears 4 and FIFA bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I picked it up at 259 from smyths about a month ago so decent price. Fifa 17 is very close to being added to EA access so if you intend on signing up to that (at €25 per year, you are mad not to) you could buy the fifa bundle and sell the key that comes with it.

EDIT: it's getting added tomorrow supposedly.

Tesco Direct have a few fairly recent games on a 2 for £40 offer at the moment. Titles include Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, Destiny - The Collection, Skyrim, Dark Souls III, COD Infinite Warfare and a few more.

Theres's a 2 for £20 offer also, but the only two games that qualify are Doom and Fallout 4.

Free delivery to Parcel Motel.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/xbox-one-games/cat19380006.cat?icid=gaming_xbox_mlink_onegames

Edit: Link doesnt seem to be working but go onto the Tesco Direct site and go to the Xbox games section

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Tesco Direct have a few fairly recent games on a 2 for £40 offer at the moment. Titles include Forza Horizon 3, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, Destiny - The Collection, Skyrim, Dark Souls III, COD Infinite Warfare and a few more.

Theres's a 2 for £20 offer also, but the only two games that qualify are Doom and Fallout 4.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/xbox-one-games/cat19380006.cat?icid=gaming_xbox_mlink_onegames

Edit: Link doesnt seem to be working but go onto the Tesco Direct site and go to the Xbox games section

Any idea if those offers are in store also I've a mate going to Manchester at the weekend and he could pick up a few for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

colmufc wrote: »

Any idea if those offers are in store also I've a mate going to Manchester at the weekend and he could pick up a few for me

As far as I know they are, at least that's what folks were suggesting on the thread for the offer over on HDUK

They also have a £5 off £40 spend on games with code TDX-JHMW at the moment so brings these down to £35. Selection isn't great though on the 2 for £40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

They also have a £5 off £40 spend on games with code TDX-JHMW at the moment so brings these down to £35. Selection isn't great though on the 2 for £40

Will Tesco Direct deliver games to Parcel Motel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement