Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands the handsome collection is brilliant. Hours of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

God yeah, if you've never played Borderlands there could be hundreds of hours of fun in there for you.

Good solo grinding but even better with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I reckon I'm better waiting till November before picking up an Xbox one at this stage. I figure between the x release and Black Friday there should be a dip in prices for the s and the og. Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sierra117x wrote: »
    I reckon I'm better waiting till November before picking up an Xbox one at this stage. I figure between the x release and Black Friday there should be a dip in prices for the s and the og. Thoughts ?

S has been around €200 a few times recently, I doubt you'll get it cheaper

Yeah I seen a couple of deals around that price.but convincing my partner was difficult and in the meantime the price has gone back up. Cheapest I seen was in Curry's at 240 and it was bundled with Forza.... Anyway I haven't bought a console in a few years. Would they typically dip in price around Black Friday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I seen a couple of deals around that price.but convincing my partner was difficult and in the meantime the price has gone back up. Cheapest I seen was in Curry's at 240 and it was bundled with Forza.... Anyway I haven't bought a console in a few years. Would they typically dip in price around Black Friday ?

what forza? if its horizon 3, you should jump on that deal.

who knows what black friday holds, they were selling the fifa 17 consoles in germany for 170 a few weeks back. you'd be very lucky to get a price like that again I reckon.

Yeah I think it was horizon.ive no interest though I have it on PC and don't play it plus I think I get it cross play. I'm mostly picking it up for the halo games ( I know I'm a scrub but they are my weakness) . I already have mcc on my account as well as a rake of older digital games that I'll have backwards compatibility for. So I'm really just looking for the cheapest base console I can .

For the eh German consoles is that something that can be discussed or is it frowned upon ? Can someone pm me details. Never considered going any further abroad than the UK

For the eh German consoles is that something that can be discussed or is it frowned upon ? Can someone pm me details. Never considered going any further abroad than the UK

it was a deal by one of their superstores, mediamarkt, it was only up for a day and then gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For the eh German consoles is that something that can be discussed or is it frowned upon?

As always, foreign deals are allowed to be discussed, but the line is where people are advocating using fake addresses . I.e. a fake address on either the card used, or on the site itself. Address services are fine to discuss, parcel motel and the like.

There's a dedicated thread for foreign deals too, so use that for talk of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yeah I think it was horizon.ive no interest though I have it on PC and don't play it plus I think I get it cross play. I'm mostly picking it up for the halo games ( I know I'm a scrub but they are my weakness) . I already have mcc on my account as well as a rake of older digital games that I'll have backwards compatibility for. So I'm really just looking for the cheapest base console I can .

I'd advise buying your console locally. If you have an issue you can walk in and get a replacement. Most of us here recommend Argos for that reason.

• Advertisement

Thanks appreciate the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

who knows what black friday holds, they were selling the fifa 17 consoles in germany for 170 a few weeks back. you'd be very lucky to get a price like that again I reckon.

What site was that?

Mediamarkt but I already checked and prices are back to normal. The same if not more than here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Turtle Beach Elite 800X are 100 euro off at GameStop.
    I have the 420X and love them, and these would be even better, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

For Honor in Argos for €18.99 now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dishonored 2 - €12 in argos.

dead rising 4 is down to €15 in smyths
    recore is 15
    assassins creed syndicate is 10
    gears 4 is 20
    xcom 2 is 10
    prey is 34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Smyth's has become the biggest bargain store for games ATM crazy the price difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Would get Dead Rising but the only place that has some available is Letterkenny and they have 2 according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hococop wrote: »
    Smyth's has become the biggest bargain store for games ATM crazy the price difference

TBH these games are so old at this stage that Smyths have them fairly priced - its just the other rip off merchants don't follow suit. Back in the day these titles would have been rereleased as budget titles by now on the C64 - those were the days lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Danick wrote: »
    TBH these games are so old at this stage that Smyths have them fairly priced - its just the other rip off merchants don't follow suit. Back in the day these titles would have been rereleased as budget titles by now on the C64 - those were the days lol

Not really, most of those games listed would normally go for €30-€40.

Don't compare the current market to the C64, even accounting for inflation modern indie releases, let alone AAA games, have a budget that is a very high multiple of the average C64 game.

Plus in terms of percentage a modern game gets reduced by a similar 50-70% that was seen between the card box and tape case releases of C64 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Not really, most of those games listed would normally go for €30-€40.

Don't compare the current market to the C64, even accounting for inflation modern indie releases, let alone AAA games, have a budget that is a very high multiple of the average C64 game.

Plus in terms of percentage a modern game gets reduced by a similar 50-70% that was seen between the card box and tape case releases of C64 games.

Okay forget my comment about C64 - sorry I even mentioned it now - All I should have said was Smyths are selling at decent prices considering how old these games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some actual bargains in Gamespot of all places. Picked up Dishonoured 2 for a tenner and Torment: Tides of Numinera for €20 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Some actual bargains in Gamespot of all places. Picked up Dishonoured 2 for a tenner and Torment: Tides of Numinera for €20 today.

Torment is down to 7.99 on game.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft bundle £200 plus shipping.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/xbox-one-s-minecraft-console-bundle-xbox-one/

Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft bundle £200 plus shipping.

It's the cheapest to be found anywhere right now but I'm not sure it's a great deal.it was 150 on prime day I think and will more than likely take a dip once the one x is released around Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »

Doom, Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 are all 11.99 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm assuming Xbox is the same as PlayStation for using Sky Go Extra so I'll post this here as well.
    Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anyone that has a Sky subscription should check out this thread in the bargain alerts forum

A lot of people are getting free Sky Go Extra (which is normally €6 a month)

I was paying for it but now have it for free thanks to that thread. You need Sky Go Extra to use the Sky app on your PS4.

There are other things like a free movie or GAA tickets that you might get offered as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Astro A50 Wireless Headsets are reduced to €142 in Argos.

Black version

White Version

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement