Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Argos' game offer has changed from COD to GTA V. They are also selling Kinects for €170
    170 for the Kinect Sensor ??? Holy crap - glad I got mine in Cex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Argos' game offer has changed from COD to GTA V. They are also selling Kinects for €170

If a kinect is 'worth' €170 then why is a kinectless X1 only €99 less than one with kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

quad_red wrote: »
    If a kinect is 'worth' €170 then why is a kinectless X1 only €99 less than one with kinect?

to entice you to buy the packed in one and save €70

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

to entice you to buy the packed in one and save €70

That might make sense if they had just released some new killer apps for it.

Or any killer apps for it.

edit: sorry to go off topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

quad_red wrote: »
    That might make sense if they had just released some new killer apps for it.

Or any killer apps for it.

edit: sorry to go off topic :)

They have, you can order Dominos with the kinect now, that's a killer app if I ever saw one ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tony1980 wrote: »
    They have, you can order Dominos with the kinect now, that's a killer app if I ever saw one ;):p

Yes death by cholesterol for all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

tony1980 wrote:
    I don't think so but I did it just in case when I was redeeming the code on the Xbox.

I didn't need to change my region to us mine was set to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Planning to pick up an X1 in the next week or two. Is €400 with a game the best deal around at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

stuchyg wrote: »
    Planning to pick up an X1 in the next week or two. Is €400 with a game the best deal around at the mo?

Keep an eye out on the argos website , they usually have great deals on ther bundles. Also the bargain alerts thread here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

stuchyg wrote: »

As mentioned Argos is the best place, ( got mine there) they have a deal for the ps4 GTA and far cry for 410 atm

Hopefully that deal will happen on the xb1 in the next few days for you stuchyg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I didn't need to change my region to us mine was set to Ireland

Curse you for telling me this, my wallet will soon be empty haha

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up AC Unity. Console is set to Ireland and its downloading away! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Its hardly free is it?

Re Hasbro Game channels games.

Looks like Monopoly will be 29.99 dollars and its 2 games, you buy a bundle, and get Monopoly Plus and some DLC, and Monopoly Deal (a kinda of fast paced card game).

I'll pick it up, but doesn't look to be available here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

tony1980 wrote: »
    gamedaily has Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag back in stock at 37.49 & 11.99 USD.

How do you get the codes for these? Are they emailed or posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Emailed instantly, had mine within a minute of ordering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Argos seem to have no stock at all of Xbox One's in Dublin, the past week or so. What's up with that! Anyone know if Smyths are doing the one with gta v as a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Smyths seem to have no stock at all of Xbox One's in Dublin, the past week or so. What's up with that! Anyone know if Smyths are doing the one with gta v as a bundle?

It says in stock for Xbox ONE in Smyths in Dublin for me just checked the xbox one on its own and the xbox one with the fifa 15 code, just checked 2 stores really quick and both were in stock for both stores?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It says in stock for Xbox ONE in Smyths in Dublin for me just checked the xbox one on its own and the xbox one with the fifa 15 code, just checked 2 stores really quick and both were in stock for both stores?

Crap I meant Argos sorry, am looking at their gta v bundle for 399 but seems to be out of stock in a lot of dublin stores

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This seems like a cracking deal

No Kinect
    Titanfall
    Forza 5 GOTY
    BF4
    MGS: Ground Zeroes
    Wolfenstein

All Physical copies, £349.99

Crap I meant Argos sorry, am looking at their gta v bundle for 399 but seems to be out of stock in a lot of dublin stores

Yeah you can get GTA V with the basic Xbox ONE for €399 in Argos but none in stock like you said.

Just has a quick look there for stock:

There's 1 Halo Bundle in Nutgrove.
    Lots of White Sunset Overdrive bundles in ALL stores.
    Assassins Creed Unity & Black Flag bundle in Dun Laoghaire, Blanch & Liffey Vally

• Advertisement

Yeah you can get GTA V with the basic Xbox ONE for €399 in Argos but none in stock like you said.

Just has a quick look there for stock:

There's 1 Halo Bundle in Nutgrove.
    Lots of White Sunset Overdrive bundles in ALL stores.
    Assassins Creed Unity & Black Flag bundle in Dun Laoghaire, Blanch & Liffey Vally

I'd get a halo bundle if I knew for sure it was a proper boxed bundle, like the artwork shows. No other store lists this bundle though, so I reckon it might be just a match up of standard boxed console with halo thrown in.

I'd get a halo bundle if I knew for sure it was a proper boxed bundle, like the artwork shows. No other store lists this bundle though, so I reckon it might be just a match up of standard boxed console with halo thrown in.

You can ask to view items in Argos so you could do that in store if you had a chance :)

You can ask to view items in Argos so you could do that in store if you had a chance :)

Cheers, but I don't fancy a drive out to Nutgrove just to check. The fact no other Irish stores list this bundle more or less tells me it's a mix & match bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Best place to buy Halo the Master Chief Collection lads? I've searched around and I thought amazon but it comes to €58. Can anyone beat that do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Trilla wrote: »
    Best place to buy Halo the Master Chief Collection lads? I've searched around and I thought amazon but it comes to €58. Can anyone beat that do you know?

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cheers! i more n00b question, is there fear of buying Xbox one games from Asia and the likes in relation to PAL\NTSC etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Trilla wrote: »
    Cheers! i more n00b question, is there fear of buying Xbox one games from Asia and the likes in relation to PAL\NTSC etc?

Nah, they aren't region specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cheers, but I don't fancy a drive out to Nutgrove just to check. The fact no other Irish stores list this bundle more or less tells me it's a mix & match bundle

There is a physical bundle, don't think it was released in Europe but the pack shots are identical to what is on the Argos site so it is possibly correct.

£329 for a One with Halo and Forza 5 GOTY on Amazon btw.

There is a physical bundle, don't think it was released in Europe but the pack shots are identical to what is on the Argos site so it is possibly correct.

£329 for a One with Halo and Forza 5 GOTY on Amazon btw.

Yep I know the bundle exists alright, I don't think it was an EU bundle though. Plus given the fact Argos are the only site showing that artwork for a Halo Bundle, I don't think it's the one pictured. Could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Where in the hell are all the proper GTA V and Far Cry 4 bundles, like there is for the PS4? Why don't they want my money??? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement