Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Had alot of issues getting xbox live sub from cdkeys applied

constant error

"Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help".

found this link on another website which worked great

was given this website from Microsoft support. Copy and paste into your browser and replace the X with your code. It worked after two tries for me.
    https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?doRedeem=0&token=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX&ref=AccountMicrosoftCom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

deckie27 wrote: »
    Had alot of issues getting xbox live sub from cdkeys applied

constant error

"Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help".

found this link on another website which worked great

was given this website from Microsoft support. Copy and paste into your browser and replace the X with your code. It worked after two tries for me.
    https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?doRedeem=0&token=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX&ref=AccountMicrosoftCom

No problems here. Worked first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

No problems here. Worked first time.

Same here - based on your recommendation this morning, I ordered one and had it redeemed within 10 mins. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Recore Definitive Edition and Rainbow 6 Siege are glitching as free on the console marketplace right now only, not PC.

Works on Windows 10 marketplace also apparently.

Just search for them, and instead of buy, it has an "install" button like a free game would. The game seems to be tied to your account then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tinie wrote: »
    Recore Definitive Edition and Rainbow 6 Siege are glitching as free on the console marketplace right now only, not PC.

Just search for them, and instead of buy, it has an "install" button like a free game would. The game seems to be tied to your account then.

Siege is just off a free weekend, and recore is gone on game pass - Id say thats what you're seeing.

• Advertisement

Siege is just off a free weekend, and recore is gone on game pass - Id say thats what you're seeing.

Im sure free weekends dont carry over to the Tuesday. And No, check all the big bargain websites and reddit/neogaf etc.. Its a glitch. Whether the let us keep them or not, remains to be seen.

Im sure free weekends dont carry over to the Tuesday. And No, check all the big bargain websites and reddit/neogaf etc.. Its a glitch. Whether the let us keep them or not, remains to be seen.

Do you own recore already? the definitive edition is free if you do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

cheers, working for me. i dont have game pass and its downloading for me.Tiny size for a next gen game.
    Rainbow 6 added to queue also

Do you own recore already? the definitive edition is free if you do?
    I dont. Never played the game once.

If you really think im wrong in thinking its free full game;

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-onepc-recore-definitive-edition-free-xbox-store-console-windows-store-2777031

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425040

any link i follow, and even via the xbox or microsoft website, all I get is buy, free trial or get game pass.

reddit is similarly spilt on it.

• Advertisement

any link i follow, and even via the xbox or microsoft website, all I get is buy, free trial or get game pass.

reddit is similarly spilt on it.

As said , only works on console or windows 10 marketplace app thing.

Worked for me anyway like many others. Record playing fine now and it's full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Looks like the trial to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Clicked install on both so wait and see what happens

Downloaded Recore but I get an error message when I go to play it.

It's in the game pass I think. Maybe thats why it's free for some??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Wants 19.99 from me anyway. (I am a gold subscriber but I don't have game pass).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got both for free and don't have game pass and I do not hav ea EA pass either. I didn't download them though as it would take me all day just to download the small 7 GB Recore. Anyone else with fast internet fully download them and see if they play?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Downloaded Recore but I get an error message when I go to play it.

It worked for me earlier but now I am getting the error. It looks like Xbox pulled the license from people who got it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CD Keys have Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Xbox One/PC pre order for €80 or €76 with FB like code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks, I was about to buy Destiny 2 digital on Digital Deluxe Edition on Microsoft store at €109.99

Saw it on online from other stores for $99.99 USD

Would there be any problem with regions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks, I was about to buy Destiny 2 digital on Digital Deluxe Edition on Microsoft store at €109.99

Probably tax to be added to that US one. I used to always by from foreign regions but I couldn't be bothered faffing about anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

amadablam wrote: »

no region locking on games, except China.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

there are some really good foreign deals on Destiny2, AFAIK Destiny2 is not region locked but the DLCs are.
    so you have to buy all in game+dlc otherwise there maybe some messing required if you want to buy install DLCs later.

been burned with poor DLC content before so went with Disc in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

And Brazil. You also now need to do it through the console, found out last time that the website doesn't work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

there are some really good foreign deals on Destiny2, AFAIK Destiny2 is not region locked but the DLCs are.
    so you have to buy all in game+dlc otherwise there maybe some messing required if you want to buy install DLCs later.

been burned with poor DLC content before so went with Disc in the end.

No content digitally or physically are locked on Xbox One. Digital is region locked on PS4.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No more regional bypass chat please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

No content digitally or physically are locked on Xbox One. Digital is region locked on PS4.

I have many foreign accounts on PS4 and work fine.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I have many foreign accounts on PS4 and work fine.

If you buy Destiny 2 from the US store and the DLC from the Irish store it won't work. It will on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you buy Destiny 2 from the US store and the DLC from the Irish store it won't work. It will on the Xbox.

Just buy the DLC from the same store.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Just the the DLC from the same store.

Your missing the point. If the DLC has to be bought from the same store as the main game it's not region free.

On Xbox you can buy the game from the US and the DLC from the UK store and they will work together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement