Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Xbox One S
    Forza Horizon 3 (Code)
    Destinty 2
    Doom
    Fallout 4
    Dishonored 2
    +it may have 2 months NowTV

£199.99 at Game....(the catch being that its only available in UK stores atm:()
    Saw it confirmed on Twitter. It may be store specific so call ahead of travelling.

You wont get a better deal than that! Handy for any boardsies in the UK or near the north.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would parcel motel be an option?

(moved post to bargain alerts)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »

You can get consoles shipped to PM, but you also need a UK billing address. So if anyone is going for it call your bank and get PM added as a temporary billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What about address pal it has a London address

Hococop wrote: »
    What about address pal it has a London address

Should be the same as PM, set it as a temporary billing address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Xbox One S
    Forza Horizon 3 (Code)
    Destinty 2
    Doom
    Fallout 4
    Dishonored 2

Saw it confirmed on Twitter. It may be store specific so call ahead of travelling.

You wont get a better deal than that! Handy for any boardsies in the UK or near the north.
    Mickeroo wrote: »

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Argos have the Minecraft Xbox One S Bundle and Destiny 2 for €225.

Add Destiny 2 for free in the special offer tab.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/5993480

Xbox One S
    Forza Horizon 3 (Code)
    Destinty 2
    Doom
    Fallout 4
    Dishonored 2

This is now available on the Game website.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-500gb-console-with-destiny-2-4-free-games-and-now-tv-2094117

The same bundle is available for £270 with a 1TB console instead of the 500GB one.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-s-forza-horizon-3-1tb-bundle-with-destiny-2-4-games-and-now-tv-2093737

A similar bundle is also available on the Game website for £209.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-500gb-console-with-destiny-2-forza-horizon-3-overwatch-and-now-tv-2094118

Includes Forza Horizon 3(digital), Destiny 2, Overwatch GotY and 2 months Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

12 months Gold membership for €34.50.

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

...aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone!

The same site is selling it for €37.99 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

The best deal I could find at the minute price wise in Irish shops: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-s-500gb-forza-bundle-with-free-destiny-2/b/800063

Xbox one S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and a free physical copy of Destiny 2 for €225 all in...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

LpPepper wrote: »
    The best deal I could find at the minute price wise in Irish shops: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-s-500gb-forza-bundle-with-free-destiny-2/b/800063

Xbox one S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and a free physical copy of Destiny 2 for €225 all in...

I paid €239 yesterday for it, most be trying to shift stock quick before the new Xbox launches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Soarer wrote: »
    12 months Gold membership for €34.50.

Here

I see this is an American site will the live account code work here? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I paid €239 yesterday for it, most be trying to shift stock quick before the new Xbox launches

I had been eyeing the deal the last few days but when it went to €225 it gave me the excuse to go ahead and pull the trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sticker wrote:
    I see this is an American site will the live account code work here? Thanks

All Xbox codes should be region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

LpPepper wrote: »
    I had been eyeing the deal the last few days but when it went to €225 it gave me the excuse to go ahead and pull the trigger!

I'm holding out until nearer christmas as I think we could see some great deals on the One S but damn they're making it hard. If it was any game other than Destiny 2 i'd bite, no interest in it.

I'm holding out until nearer christmas as I think we could see some great deals on the One S but damn they're making it hard. If it was any game other than Destiny 2 i'd bite, no interest in it.

If you get that deal in Smyth's you could bring Destiny 2 straight to CEX and get €42 for it. So for the Console and FH3 it'll cost €183.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

That deal in Smyths is great!

Traded in my OG white Xbox One to Cex for €132 - Might have gotten a few euro more selling it direct to someone on Adverts or wherever but I just wanted to get it out of the way. Got the One S in Smyths with Forza & Destiny for €225, and then went back to Cex to trade in the physical copy of Forza I already had and Destiny. Essentially upgraded my old slowing down Xbox One to a One S for €29! Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

That deal in Smyths is great!

Traded in my OG white Xbox One to Cex for €132 - Might have gotten a few euro more selling it direct to someone on Adverts or wherever but I just wanted to get it out of the way. Got the One S in Smyths with Forza & Destiny for €225, and then went back to Cex to trade in the physical copy of Forza I already had and Destiny. Essentially upgraded my old slowing down Xbox One to a One S for €29! Happy out.

I'd love to do this. I have the original Xbox one black 500GB and cex offer 130 for it. I don't have the original controller instead I have the white one, will they accept this I wonder? And it says nothing about prices for the Kinect.

Would be a handy upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have an original black Xbox One but never bothered upgrading to S model as for one I did not like the white colour and now I am still on the fence if I should pick up a One X. I will pick one up eventually but maybe not day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Carroller wrote: »
    I'd love to do this. I have the original Xbox one black 500GB and cex offer 130 for it. I don't have the original controller instead I have the white one, will they accept this I wonder? And it says nothing about prices for the Kinect.

Would be a handy upgrade

I did something similar a few months ago and my controller was the covert Microsoft one and they had no problem taking once they had the whole thing for a few hours to test it.

Make sure you do any console updates before you drop it in as they do them other wise and it takes even longer.

As for the connect, they sell them pretty cheap so Im sure they would take it but they only give another €10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

amadablam wrote: »
    I did something similar a few months ago and my controller was the covert Microsoft one and they had no problem taking once they had the whole thing for a few hours to test it.

Make sure you do any console updates before you drop it in as they do them other wise and it takes even longer.

As for the connect, they sell them pretty cheap so Im sure they would take it but they only give another €10

Yeah, they don't care so long as it comes with a working controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    All Xbox codes should be region free.

i bought this and they gave me a used code. i am awaiting response from them. Just to let yous know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

xbox one s 1TB FIFA17 bundle is 249 in Argos - not sure how good or bad this is in comparison to other stores

ablelocks wrote: »
    xbox one s 1TB FIFA17 bundle is 249 in Argos - not sure how good or bad this is in comparison to other stores

You get GTA 5 and Ark free as well. If you don't want those you can get €45 for them in CEX so your getting 1TB One S and FIFA for €205.

ablelocks wrote: »

Unless you're giving FIFA to a child who knows no better its obsolete at this stage with 18 coming out in two weeks.

The online portion kind of falls off a cliff at that stage.

At this stage the game itself has very little value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Folks, I assume I'm going to need that kinect adapter for the one X? Anybody know the cheapest way to pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

theteal wrote: »
    Folks, I assume I'm going to need that kinect adapter for the one X? Anybody know the cheapest way to pick one up?

I'm hoping they'll announce free ones again like they had for the Xbox One S launch, would make sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

can i ask, what's the benefit of the kinect with the x? i thought Microsoft had pretty much dropped it

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mossym wrote: »
    can i ask, what's the benefit of the kinect with the x? i thought Microsoft had pretty much dropped it

I still find it really handy for voice commands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement