Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, I'm always using Xbox On/Off, Go To .... , Volume Up/Down, Record That

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ah okay, i have voice control with my harmony remote/alexa to control everything, i have a kinect sitting there not hooked up to my current xbox so just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm hoping they'll announce free ones again like they had for the Xbox One S launch, would make sense.

I don't think I'm as optimistic as you on that front. T'would be good though.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I still find it really handy for voice commands.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, I'm always using Xbox On/Off, Go To .... , Volume Up/Down, Record That

Exactly the above. Throw in, "go to netflix/amazon/skype/titanfall" etc. The xbox is the hub of the living room, controls telly and the surround sound - now the only issue is the baby is fully aware of this now and has a soft spot for pressing that glowing white button when daddy is in the middle of a game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossym wrote: »
    ah okay, i have voice control with my harmony remote/alexa to control everything, i have a kinect sitting there not hooked up to my current xbox so just wondering

If you've got that set up, then you definitely don't need a Kinect.

One of the most frustrating failures of Xbox is the lack of progress with the kinect. They had the potential to be the first voice controlled home hub, but it took amazon to do that with Alexa. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you've got that set up, then you definitely don't need a Kinect.

One of the most frustrating failures of Xbox is the lack of progress with the kinect. They had the potential to be the first voice controlled home hub, but it took amazon to do that with Alexa. Madness.

you can blame the uneducated yapping morons of the internet for that. It has pretty good functionality for the most part, but the hive mind decided it was useless so they quietly discontinued it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey all, a friend of mine is looking to pick up an Xbox One S and FIFA 18 would definitely be their choice of game.

Anyone spot any good deals going around? Especially with the XboxOne X on the horizon im sure stores will be trying to shift some more Xbox One S bundles.

Physical Disc's would be important enough too as they dont have the best internet in the world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey all, a friend of mine is looking to pick up an Xbox One S and FIFA 18 would definitely be their choice of game.

Anyone spot any good deals going around? Especially with the XboxOne X on the horizon im sure stores will be trying to shift some more Xbox One S bundles.

Physical Disc's would be important enough too as they dont have the best internet in the world.
    LpPepper wrote: »
    The best deal I could find at the minute price wise in Irish shops: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-s-500gb-forza-bundle-with-free-destiny-2/b/800063

Xbox one S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and a free physical copy of Destiny 2 for €225 all in...

This is one that popped up a couple of days ago, the response here was positive. Not sure if it's physical disks or not.

Sorry, that deal expired!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

joe123 wrote: »

If it is like any of the new games over the past few years you may as well go digital. You do nearly download the full game again with updates. I also have a slow connection but the good thing about Xbox is letting it download overnight when you are asleep. If like me it should take 2 or 3 nights depending on the game due to slow connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Soarer wrote: »
    12 months Gold membership for €34.50.

Here
    ...aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone!

The same site is selling it for €37.99 now.

Very bad experience with these guys.
    I got the 12 months live, tried it a few times and it didn't work, contacted Xbox support who tried to fix the problem but they couldn't, said it was a code for Brazil and to contact the vendor
    After emailing back and forth for 4 days and sending them a screenshot shot of the error they told me to contact Microsoft as they might be able to add the code for me, I had told them at the start that they couldn't so they then asked me to get written confirmation from Microsoft to say that it didn't work.
    I told that I had had enough and I wasn't going back onto we chat again just to get written confirmation so either give me another code or a full refund, they gave me the refund.
    So disappointed with their customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Very bad experience with these guys.
    I got the 12 months live, tried it a few times and it didn't work, contacted Xbox support who tried to fix the problem but they couldn't, said it was a code for Brazil and to contact the vendor
    After emailing back and forth for 4 days and sending them a screenshot shot of the error they told me to contact Microsoft as they might be able to add the code for me, I had told them at the start that they couldn't so they then asked me to get written confirmation from Microsoft to say that it didn't work.
    I told that I had had enough and I wasn't going back onto we chat again just to get written confirmation so either give me another code or a full refund, they gave me the refund.
    So disappointed with their customer service

I had exactly the same experience 5 codes up to now that do not work even though they acknowledged it was for a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live. Terrible service I'm looking for my money back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

sticker wrote: »
    I had exactly the same experience 5 codes up to now that do not work even though they acknowledged it was for a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live. Terrible service I'm looking for my money back

Was able to redeem a 12 month code that I purchased from these guys fine just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

sticker wrote: »

same thing happened me. gave me a used code. 2 days of chasing between them and xbox support. got one which worked in the end

I never knew there region locked 12 month subscription codes.

Hopefully this isn't something that will happen much more frequently in the future. I will be looking for a code in November as that's when my sub is up. I'm not willing to pay MS's €59.99 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I never knew there region locked 12 month subscription codes.

Hopefully this isn't something that will happen much more frequently in the future. I will be looking for a code in November as that's when my sub is up. I'm not willing to pay MS's €59.99 fee.

CDKeys are normally very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Holy crap, what a deal. Trade in Fifa and you'll upgrade your console for about €20.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/909779488556376064

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That seems suspiciously good. I have a 2nd old XB1 500GB out at my parents that hasn't been turned on since Christmas, before that maybe used a few hours. Just €70 for the better console, brand new FIFA and a Jersey?! That seems very.....unlike Gamestop to actually offer a fantastic deal.

I wonder what they will do with all the old Xbox Ones? Surely there is no market for them. Unless they sell them to 3rd world countries or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

They wouldn't buy them back if there wasn't a way to profit off them. Personally speaking, I have a 2nd-hand 3DS that I bought in 2014 and it's still going strong.

I wonder what they will do with all the old Xbox Ones? Surely there is no market for them. Unless they sell them to 3rd world countries or something.

Don't know but it is an extremely good offer, hell you're getting the updated console for free if you were already going to buy Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe a pricing error? Should it be €169?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

If it is they can't remove it, they would be in breach of advertising standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Probably only one or 2 consoles in each store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was thinking the same. Has to be, unless it's a case of having literally a handful of consoles per store if even.

Can't understand how GS are still in business even, they are beyond dreadful in every possible way compared to all other retailers, even bricks and mortar.

Games that are €45 brand new in Argos upon release, €69.99 in Gamestop, and don't even get me started on their pre-owned prices and what they offer for trade-in.

"We sell it for €54.99......we'll give you €12 cash or €15 if you're a member of our paid for loyalty programme".

I miss having GAME - they were way, way more reasonable and fair. But I think CEX are putting Gamestop in the grave here in Ireland and the UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Nah its Gamestop, so its probably e269 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If it is they can't remove it, they would be in breach of advertising standards.

Of course they can remove it. Even if they didn't, and it was an error, they wouldn't have to honour it at the till.

Of course they can remove it. Even if they didn't, and it was an error, they wouldn't have to honour it at the till.

They have to honour it as it was advertised at that price. They have published advertising with it, this has happened before and they had to honour the advertisement, otherwise GameStop can be done for false advertising. This is a different situation to a misprice on the shelf, which as you say does not have to be honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

They have to honour it as it was advertised at that price. They have published advertising with it, this has happened before and they had to honour the advertisement, otherwise GameStop can be done for false advertising. This is a different situation to a misprice on the shelf, which as you say does not have to be honoured.

It's probably just a code for fifa and look up invitation to treat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Holy crap, what a deal. Trade in Fifa and you'll upgrade your console for about €20.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/909779488556376064

Would definitely be interested in upgrading my original Xbox One to the S, but what is the risk that I wipe down my console and head into GameStop, only to be told this offer is no longer available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would definitely be interested in upgrading my original Xbox One to the S, but what is the risk that I wipe down my console and head into GameStop, only to be told this offer is no longer available?

Ring them to confirm first.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Seems like a no-brainer to upgrade.
    Has to be a catch somewhere...

Might pop into a store today and ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement