Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Seems like a no-brainer to upgrade.
    Has to be a catch somewhere...

Might pop into a store today and ask.

Obviously the X coming out soon after is a factor. Do you get a new console or 2nd hand? You have to wonder why they would want to take originals, how can they possibly sell them on in any large numbers? Or I wonder is there money on recycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

They have to honour it as it was advertised at that price. They have published advertising with it, this has happened before and they had to honour the advertisement, otherwise GameStop can be done for false advertising. This is a different situation to a misprice on the shelf, which as you say does not have to be honoured.

Thats not entirely true. :o

The advertised price is merely an invitation to treat which they can honor or not at their discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Seems like a no-brainer to upgrade.
    Has to be a catch somewhere...

Might pop into a store today and ask.

Keep us posted. Knowing how GameStop operate, I'm sure there's some catch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What's the catch???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gonna call in to Henry St after work and suss it out, if it's going to be available I want it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Probably a limited number, 2nd hand .. 'theyre all gone... but sure you brought in that heavy old yoke, I'll give you a brand new one for 169. Or maybe you want the shiny, shiny X?'

How did I become so cynical...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just confirmed the deal in store in GameStop. Apparently it is due to GameStop having low stock of second hand Xbox Ones. Tbh they are probably just about breaking even on the offer seeing as the Minecraft bundle is currently €250 in store.

Yeah was just in there too, confirmed its a brand new Xbox One S.. They were unsure of stock levels

Asled if I could bring my old fatty in on Thursday evening and pick up bundle at the midnight launch but said no, trade ins will only be taken from Friday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If they just introduced something now for the 1TB Xbox One I have I would jump at it.

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah was just in there too, confirmed its a brand new Xbox One S.. They were unsure of stock levels

Asled if I could bring my old fatty in on Thursday evening and pick up bundle at the midnight launch but said no, trade ins will only be taken from Friday morning

So this Friday I just bring down my old Xbox One, give them €70 and I get a white S?

• Advertisement

Next Friday, 29th - and if there's stock there, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

So do I need the old box, controller? What exactly?

Console, cables and controller. Box not necessary

If they just introduced something now for the 1TB Xbox One I have I would jump at it.
    I was thinking I'll hold out, but now I'm thinking they're going to have a load of original xbox in stock so they're less likely to give a decent trade in deal. Or maybe they can never have too much?

I was also going to get Fifa 18 anyway, so basically I'd be getting a One S for free :D And who can resist free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Don't give away your Kinects now lads!
    Keep them for the S :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The thought of wiping my xbox, then hassle of boxing it up, only to head over to GS and find them out of stock has me hesitant. :o

Anyone know how gamestop are on scratches? That glossy finish and all I'm guessing most trade ins they take are scratched?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Do they need the Kinect? Gave mine away years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i inquired instore in limerick crescent sc :

loads of stock (apparently....take this with a grain of salt, i think)
    reserve your FIFA 18 as stock on this is expected to go quickly outside of this offer.
    cable, controller and console only.

70 to upgrade - according to the sales girl, this is a no brainer of an offer. no catch, except it's only available on the 29th.

I'm definitely considering it

My local fella told me this Thursday... probably got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The thought of wiping my xbox, then hassle of boxing it up, only to head over to GS and find them out of stock has me hesitant. :o

Do you have a phone? Or anyone in your neighbourhood? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was going to go for this but I don't think I will bother as I don't like the white(That stopped me changing when they first came out as well) and also I will eventually pick up a One X.

Now if they save this deal for when the X came out and change S console to X I would be queuing up outside. Obviously the price you will have to pay would be more but if it was competitive it would sell out quick.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I was going to go for this but I don't think I will bother as I don't like the white(That stopped me changing when they first came out as well) and also I will eventually pick up a One X.

Now if they save this deal for when the X came out and change S console to X I would be queuing up outside. Obviously the price you will have to pay would be more but if it was competitive it would sell out quick.

But surely it's worth trading up to the S now and then trading that against the X in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

But surely it's worth trading up to the S now and then trading that against the X in a few months?

It would be. Surely it will be more than a €20 difference in trade value between the One and the One S.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It would be. Surely it will be more than a €20 difference in trade value between the One and the One S.

That's my plan anyway.
    Prob reserve a disc copy of Fifa, and sell that to CEX as I wouldn't play it tbh.
    Maybe trade against Forza 7..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Fifa 18 Trial now on EA Access
    *Subscription to EA Access required
    43.56GB

81KKpGGfjXL._SX342_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Holy crap, what a deal. Trade in Fifa and you'll upgrade your console for about €20.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/909779488556376064

That deal just got better :) you also get Forza Horizon 3 or Minecraft.

37235183811_20bbfd929a_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Is there much / any difference between the original and this version other than size? Apologies for the simplistic question, just wondering if theres any benefit in my upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Yes, aside from getting a new console, its better.
    However, I only just noticed that its only a 500GB console, was going to trade in the spare XO i have but its 2TB so it would be a kind of a downgrade storage wise and I am already using 2 external HDD

• Advertisement

Guy in Gamestop yesterday told me they prefer if you leave the formatting to them as it will speed up testing, hmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement