Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That deal just got better :) you also get Forza Horizon 3 or Minecraft.

That's an awesome deal. Have you got a source for this? I can't find it online.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Guy in Gamestop yesterday told me they prefer if you leave the formatting to them as it will speed up testing, hmm

Test a game that's already installed and then format. Save them having to install a game, test and then format anyway.
    I'd still be pretty dubious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Guy in Gamestop yesterday told me they prefer if you leave the formatting to them as it will speed up testing, hmm

They might prefer it, but they ain't getting access to my data, or my gamesharing setup for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I'd want to see them doing the formatting in front of me but if there's a line of people waiting to trade in I doubt they would.

Most of my games are on external HDD anyway so won't take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Does a format remove any OS updates I wonder? If so, that would mean they would need to update the console before they could test it, so maybe that's what he meant?

I certainly won't be leaving my profile on the console, and I assume any installed games won't work without the profile.

I see from the ad that the Ronaldo edition of Fifa is only available 26th to 28th, but isn't the trade in only on the 29th. Does that mean you'd need to preoder the Ronaldo edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I'd want to see them doing the formatting in front of me but if there's a line of people waiting to trade in I doubt they would.

Most of my games are on external HDD anyway so won't take the chance.

I'm going to call in over the weekend and see whats the best way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

HAHAHA!! Not a chance in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have a few scratches on my XB1, reckon GameStop will still take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

d31b0y wrote: »
    That's an awesome deal. Have you got a source for this? I can't find it online.

Above offer is in Gamestops latest email

http://links.gamestop.mkt5297.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTQ5NzU1NjQS1&r=NzMzOTYzODkzNzMS1&j=MTI0NjkyMjM4NAS2&mt=2&rj=MTI0NjkyMjM4NAS2&rt=0

PLus FH3 or Minecraft now!

Holy crap what a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've a 1tb XB1 ... are they only looking for 500gb?

• Advertisement

That email is confusing me now.

*Ronaldo Edition valid 26.09.17 - 28.09.17. Standard Edition valid 29.09.17 - 10.10.17

So can you get this bundle on the 26th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

*Ronaldo Edition valid 26.09.17 - 28.09.17. Standard Edition valid 29.09.17 - 10.10.17

also wondering can you preorder and then do the trade in when you go to collect?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The ronaldo edition of the game is early access is it?

Yeah, Ronaldo edition comes out 3 days earlier. Another trip over at lunchtime needed I think to see what's going on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

PLus FH3 or Minecraft now!

Holy crap what a deal

At this point, it almost be worth "trading in" an actual Xbox One S for a less dusty Xbox One S, new FIFA, Forza and a jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

druss wrote: »
    At this point, it almost be worth "trading in" an actual Xbox One S for a less dusty Xbox One S, new FIFA, Forza and a jersey!

I'm thinking this too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

My kids have an Xbox with about 3 games installed on it, and nothing else.

If I do the trade in will the games automatically re-install on the new box when they log in?

Basically, can I just plug out the old box and bring it into the shop, bring home the new box, login and wait for the downloads?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My kids have an Xbox with about 3 games installed on it, and nothing else.

If I do the trade in will the games automatically re-install on the new box when they log in?

Basically, can I just plug out the old box and bring it into the shop, bring home the new box, login and wait for the downloads?

Yup, or you can move the games to an external hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

My disc drive hasn't worked in about a year. Always been digital so it's never really bothered me but now it hurts :(

Ok so yeah, be able to pick up the upgrade bundle from 26th. Stuck a tenner down on the ronaldo edition fifa bring my console in and pay the balance tuesday, confident there'll be plenty of stock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Fri suits me better, what's in the Ronaldo edition would I be missing much? Think its a download code so 2nd hand resale not important.

Dunno what the difference is, mine will be getting sold either way!

Will have a groggy head after LCD soundsystem on Friday morning so happy to pick up Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dunno what the difference is, mine will be getting sold either way!

Will have a groggy head after LCD soundsystem on Friday morning so happy to pick up Tuesday :)

Friday suits me best as I'll be in anyway picking up my SNES mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That deal just got better :) you also get Forza Horizon 3 or Minecraft.

37235183811_20bbfd929a_b.jpg

My local shop (Galway) didn't seem to know anything about this but were aware of the version without FH3/Minecraft and the Ronaldo edition.

Has anyone been told it will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rang my nearest GameStop there.

Guy on phone said he hadn’t to make sure offer was correct as it’s almost too good to be true.

He said Console needs to be in clean and working condition.

He also said it wouldn’t be a bad idea to pre order fifa and they’ll make a note on the account that you are looking for the trade in offer but this won’t guaranteee you the console. Probably best to be down at GameStop when the store opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

From my own experience when I traded in my Xbox last year, i had deleted my profile and uninstalled all the games.
    They had to install a game to make sure it was working fine so maybe leave 1 game installed to save time on them having to install it and updated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I get that the joke about the Trevor Nelson thing is now so old and dead and unfunny, that's what apparently makes it funny by bringing it up again and again. I'm just not sure Max does...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Does anyone know if you have digital copies will you lose all your saves? i.e if i have destiny 2 finished and trade in the console will i have to start again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have digital copies will you lose all your saves? i.e if i have destiny 2 finished and trade in the console will i have to start again.

Most, if not all of your saves should be cloud based. Destiny is definitely all server side anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most, if not all of your saves should be cloud based. Destiny is definitely all server side anyway.

Phew!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement