Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

xckjoo wrote: »
    My local shop (Galway) didn't seem to know anything about this but were aware of the version without FH3/Minecraft and the Ronaldo edition.

Has anyone been told it will be available?

Rang Galway and they said that the deal will be there from Tuesday but there will be no option for Froza as that and Minecraft are part of console bundles. They only have Minecraft, long as the console is relatively clean and working and you have 70 euro they will be happy to take it off your hands.

I do wish that Gamestop would remove the most recent Twitter add and fix the spelling mistake as it makes it look like a fake offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Rang Galway and they said that the deal will be there from Tuesday but there will be no option for Froza as that and Minecraft are part of console bundles. They only have Minecraft, long as the console is relatively clean and working and you have 70 euro they will be happy to take it off your hands.

I do wish that Gamestop would remove the most recent Twitter add and fix the spelling mistake as it makes it look like a fake offer

You must have gotten a different person than I did :D. I guess it must include the Ronaldo version too if it's available Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Will the kinect sensor have to be given in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Will the kinect sensor have to be given in too?

No, but if the kinect is something you still use then if you go for the one s you will need to purchase an adapter for it as there is no kinect port.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So is the consensus that its worth swapping? (It seems to me its a yes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I would go for it except I have a 1TB Xbox One and wouldn't like to be halving my storage.

If they ever do one for Xbox One 1TB -> Xbox One S 1TB then I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know if I will go for it. As my nearest Gamestop is a half an hour drive away and I may pick up a One X eventually so pointless upgrading or so I say to myself.

It is a excellent deal though. And if Fifa is a physical disc I would trade it in as I would have no use for it. The Horizon game being digital I would have no issues with as I would play that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm getting a One X in November but can't say no to this.. have a 360 that is on death's door in the bedroom so a more or less free (after ditching Fifa and FH3/Minecraft) upgrade on the fatty Xbone and then I can move the S into bedroom once the X arrives, bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

maximoose wrote:
    I'm getting a One X in November but can't say no to this.. have a 360 that is on death's door in the bedroom so a more or less free (after ditching Fifa and FH3/Minecraft) upgrade on the fatty Xbone and then I can move the S into bedroom once the X arrives, bargain

My plan exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

everlast75 wrote: »
    So is the consensus that its worth swapping? (It seems to me its a yes)

Yes, the One S is smaller and quieter than the original model. It also has a faster gpu a 4K bluray drive and can upscale games to 4k.
    I don't know if I will go for it. As my nearest Gamestop is a half an hour drive away and I may pick up a One X eventually so pointless upgrading or so I say to myself.

It is a excellent deal though. And if Fifa is a physical disc I would trade it in as I would have no use for it. The Horizon game being digital I would have no issues with as I would play that.

The trade difference between the One and the One S against the One X is more than what you'll pay after selling Fifa and or Forza/Minecraft, hell you'd probably get €10 more than what you paid flogging Fifa and the Forza code on adverts.

• Advertisement

Yes, the One S is smaller and quieter than the original model. It also has a faster gpu a 4K bluray drive and can upscale games to 4k.

The trade difference between the One and the One S against the One X is more than what you'll pay after selling Fifa and or Forza/Minecraft, hell you'd probably get €10 more than what you paid flogging Fifa and the Forza code on adverts.

I have been coming to that conclusion myself so I may jump on this deal after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

how much will fifa sell for?

tinner777 wrote: »
    how much will fifa sell for?

Its €60 in Smyths, should get €40-€45 in CEX or €50 on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

d31b0y wrote: »
    That's an awesome deal. Have you got a source for this? I can't find it online.

Email/newsletter I received from them last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I got a different story from my gamestop. No fh3 or minecraft. Cannot reserve Ronaldo edition but could reserve standard edition. Not available until Friday (or thurs midnight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Email/newsletter I received from them last night.

Anyone got a public source? Email Twitter Facebook? Without something to show them I'm afraid I'm not getting FH3 as part of the deal. Fifa18 deal is on the system, nothing about FH3 and minecraft.

qrx wrote: »
    I got a different story from my gamestop. No fh3 or minecraft. Cannot reserve Ronaldo edition but could reserve standard edition. Not available until Friday (or thurs midnight)

You will get FH3 or Minecraft, the 500gb One S isn't currently available without a pack in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

qrx wrote: »
    Anyone got a public source? Email Twitter Facebook? Without something to show them I'm afraid I'm not getting FH3 as part of the deal. Fifa18 deal is on the system, nothing about FH3 and minecraft.

the front page of the website www.gamestop.ie

GLGKlvU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They are clearing out the Forza and minecraft xbox one s bundles. It will depend on the stock in the individual store if you get a choice or not.

Their facebook page says it is available from the 29th. But in the comments they said available at the midnight launch.

Prob best to ring before leaving home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Website doesn't seem to have a date that I can see.
    Worth a try now and see if it can be picked up?:p
    And collect the FIFA when its out

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    Website doesn't seem to have a date that I can see.
    Worth a try now and see if it can be picked up?:p
    And collect the FIFA when its out

The newsletter has the dates that the offer will run for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is the Forza/Minecraft a physical copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Paully D wrote: »
    Is the Forza/Minecraft a physical copy?

It's usually a code in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So, for €69.99 + my Xbox One 500gb, I'll get:

- Xbox One S 500gb (brand new)
    - FIFA 18 (physical copy)
    - FIFA jersey
    - Forza/Minecraft (code)

That sounds way too good to be true, but great. What a deal!

Is it the standard edition of FIFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

- FIFA jersey
    - Forza/Minecraft (code)

I rang today they said yea its just the standard editon

- FIFA jersey
    - Forza/Minecraft (code)

You might not get Forza/Minecraft. They are bundles already and if GameStop run out of stock they'll only have the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You might not get Forza/Minecraft. They are bundles already and if GameStop run out of stock they'll only have the console.

Not sure if it's true, but someone posted saying the S only came as a bundle.

erkifino wrote: »
    Not sure if it's true, but someone posted saying the S only came as a bundle.

I didn't get a game with mine from Amazon. Theres a standalone console and then in box bundles that Microsoft do. I think they've do GOW4, Forza, Minecraft and Battlefield (surely a few others on top of that.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5659308.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I didn't get a game with mine from Amazon. Theres a standalone console and then in box bundles that Microsoft do. I think they've do GOW4, Forza, Minecraft and Battlefield (surely a few others on top of that.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5659308.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

I'm just going to echo what you said. Yes you can buy a Xbox One S without any promotional/free game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've just pre-ordered a X with a 20% discount from very.co.uk as a new customer. Lets see if it works. After topcashback (7.35%) and flogging my old 500gb One, this upgrade could work out less than £250.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement