Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Will ring durin the week but maybe somebody here knows already...can you get the deal on midnight release in the Naas store?

I see on the Gamestop website that certain stores are having a midnight release for the Ronaldo edition ONLY which is a bit bizzare. I'd assume these shops won't do the deal at midnight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm just going to echo what you said. Yes you can buy a Xbox One S without any promotional/free game.

You can, but it's older stock which GameStop doesn't have any of anymore.

The 500gb One S has only been available bundled for a good year, since the GoW4 pack I believe. Since then its been bundled with Fifa 17, Minecraft, Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 3(with Hot Wheels expansion) and Halo Wars 2. It will be bundled with Shadow of War next month.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I went into two different stores yesterday and was told two different stories..

Store 1
    I could get the deal on Tuesday with the Ronaldo edition. No guarantee of forza or minecraft

Store 2
    I couldn't get the deal until 29th, but if pre ordered I'd get the Ronaldo edition plus the forza bundle

Bit annoying that the staff aren't all sure what the terms are...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mik_da_man wrote: »

Store 1
    I could get the deal on Tuesday with the Ronaldo edition. No guarantee of forza or minecraft

Store 2
    I couldn't get the deal until 29th, but if pre ordered I'd get the Ronaldo edition plus the forza bundle

The first store might only have a small number of bundled consoles with Forza and Minecraft. He can hardly tell you will get one and you rock up at 4 o clock and they've sold all the bundled consoles and only have base ones left.

Second store obviously has loads of stock of the Forza bundle.

The difference in dates is a bit crap alright.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The first store might only have a small number of bundled consoles with Forza and Minecraft. He can hardly tell you will get one and you rock up at 4 o clock and they've sold all the bundled consoles and only have base ones left.

Second store obviously has loads of stock of the Forza bundle.

The difference in dates is a bit crap alright.

Yeah, gonna ring both again tomorrow and sus it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone had much experience trading in a console with gamestop? does it take long for them to test it and all that?

Also do they ask for a controller when you're trading in, or just the console?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Store 1

Store 2

You got two more straight answers than I did. I was told to keep my console as I'd get the X for the same price in November if I wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You got two more straight answers than I did. I was told to keep my console as I'd get the X for the same price in November if I wait :rolleyes:

Nice, they'll be offering €430 trade in in Nov, on the OG xbox one? :D:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nice, they'll be offering €430 trade in in Nov, on the OG xbox one? :D:pac:

In the exact words of gamestop staff "That's what we're being told anyway"

So the offer will be - Trade in OG 500gb Xbox One and get the Xbox One X for €430?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's joke. I have my Ronny edition preordered for tomorrow, dunno why they couldn't let you do it?

I asked them on facebook on friday too:
    Me: If i preorder the Ronaldo edition of Fifa 18 can I get this bundle on the 26th? Email is confusing

GS: Hi Chris, yes, the offer is valid with the Ronaldo Edition but only while stocks last.

Me: Great thanks, and it definitely comes with one of fh3/minecraft too?

GS: It's a pretty good offer!

Not quite a definitive answer :confused:

R777B wrote: »
    So the offer will be - Trade in OG 500gb Xbox One and get the Xbox One X for €430?

No, 69.99 for the X with an OG trade in I was told. There's no way it's true, the lad was probably just trying to get rid of me so made it up on the spot. That's what I get for going in on a sunday I suppose. :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No, 69.99 for the X with an OG trade in I was told. There's no way it's true, the lad was probably just trying to get rid of me so made it up on the spot. That's what I get for going in on a sunday I suppose. :pac:

No way that could be true! :eek:

Is the Ronaldo edition out early or something? whats the deal with some people saying they'll get it tomorrow?

Yes Ronaldo edition comes out tomorrow, I've mine preordered and was told I'll be able to trade in for the bundle in the morning

As an aside - anyone any tricks for removing sticker gunk from a console?

R777B wrote: »
    Has anyone had much experience trading in a console with gamestop? does it take long for them to test it and all that?

Also do they ask for a controller when you're trading in, or just the console?

They need the console, controller and cables.
    They will have to test a disc game and installed game on it, so I left 2 installed for speed of testing.
    Then it's sent to a central depot in Dublin apparently to be wiped/mad ready for resale.

maximoose wrote: »
    It's joke. I have my Ronny edition preordered for tomorrow, dunno why they couldn't let you do it?

Not sure either - I've pre-ordered the Ronaldo edition too.
    They offered to take my console today, test it and put a one s away for me to be collected on Friday with the game..

Yes Ronaldo edition comes out tomorrow, I've mine preordered and was told I'll be able to trade in for the bundle in the morning

As an aside - anyone any tricks for removing sticker gunk from a console?

WD40 will shift it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 forrealsyo

What shop were you on to that had staff say "That's what we're being told anyway"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anybody get an answer to what happens if you have a 1TB instead of a 500GB?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anybody get an answer to what happens if you have a 1TB instead of a 500GB?

Yeah, same deal applies.
    You get the 500GB One S and it's the same price.

Was just on to my local store again, as I have the Ronaldo edition reserved I can drop the old console in today and pick up the bundle @ midnight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Which stores are yous getting yours?
    Friend rang local gamestop and was told its on Friday.
    I rang today and was told they never heard of the deal,and this lad was the assistant manager!

This is the most frustrating last few pages I have read in the longest time.
    All gamestop's fault of course.
    I hope anyone reading them understands why I won't give these cowboys any of my business. I have bought 2 things in a gamestop store in the last 15 years (and I regret giving them the money) :)

The offer starts on Friday, but also on Tuesday!
    The offer requires you to pre-order separately, an item included with it!
    You can't bring in your machine before hand for testing, it must be brought in on Friday.
    The machine can be brought in now for testing before Friday release.
    The machine can be brought in now for testing before tomorrow's release.
    There is no offer.
    You should hold onto the machine, when you can get the same offer vs an Xbox One X in November (my personal favourite).

All this has been quoted from GS staff in the last few pages.
    They are a fcuking woeful shower of contemptuous muppets :pac:

honda boi wrote: »
    Which stores are yous getting yours?
    Friend rang local gamestop and was told its on Friday.
    I rang today and was told they never heard of the deal,and this lad was the assistant manager!

Stores in Cork - Douglas and Patrick street is where I was asking.

Dropped my fatty in at lunch time - They now are unsure if I can get it tonight/tomorrow or wait till Friday.
    Head office haven't confirmed the Tuesday release yet apparently... FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This is the most frustrating last few pages I have read in the longest time.
    All gamestop's fault of course.
    I hope anyone reading them understands why I won't give these cowboys any of my business. I have bought 2 things in a gamestop store in the last 15 years (and I regret giving them the money) :)

The offer starts on Friday, but also on Tuesday!
    The offer requires you to pre-order separately, an item included with it!
    You can't bring in your machine before hand for testing, it must be brought in on Friday.
    The machine can be brought in now for testing before Friday release.
    The machine can be brought in now for testing before tomorrow's release.
    There is no offer.
    You should hold onto the machine, when you can get the same offer vs an Xbox One X in November (my personal favourite).

All this has been quoted from GS staff in the last few pages.
    They are a fcuking woeful shower of contemptuous muppets :pac:

My local Gamestop has been very clear. Offer comes with Fifa, Fifa is out on Thurs midnight so you cannot avail of the offer until then. They have a special midnight launch and I can trade my fatty then or wait until Friday there is no rush. Very clear and no confusion!

qrx wrote: »
    My local Gamestop has been very clear. Offer comes with Fifa, Fifa is out on Thurs midnight so you cannot avail of the offer until then. They have a special midnight launch and I can trade my fatty then or wait until Friday there is no rush. Very clear and no confusion!

I'm glad you are clear on what needs to be done, I really am.
    But personally, I'm atein confusion :D

We'll find out tomorrow at 9:30 hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

The deal is buy Fifa 18 and you can avail of a trade in of fatty -> slim at no extra cost. If you can buy Fifa 18 tomorrow then I do not foresee a problem. But I've been told it's not for sale until Thursday midnight launch which I tend to believe as what use is a midnight launch if you could buy the game 2 days earlier?!

Either way, you'll get one on Friday there's no rush!

Also think of it this way, Ronaldo edition is €85. You cannot expect to get a free trade and the Ronaldo edition for the price of standard edition. That's wishful thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Right, rang 3 Gamestops and got three different answers... Naas is ****in' useless.

Carlow told me to come in now with the console so it'll be tested and to pre-order the Ronaldo edition... Naas and Newbridge dunno what the hell theyre at.

qrx wrote: »
    Also think of it this way, Ronaldo edition is €85. You cannot expect to get a free trade and the Ronaldo edition for the price of standard edition. That's wishful thinking!

It doesn't make much sense yeah - but the email, advert, 2 stores and FB have told me this is the case!

Bloody Gamestop :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It doesn't make much sense yeah - but the email, advert, 2 stores and FB have told me this is the case!

Bloody Gamestop :rolleyes:

If you've the Ronaldo edition pre-ordered you can go tonight at midnight and get the deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement