Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

qrx wrote: »
    Also think of it this way, Ronaldo edition is €85. You cannot expect to get a free trade and the Ronaldo edition for the price of standard edition. That's wishful thinking!

It's the Ronaldo edition that's shown in their promotion flyer though, and it states it's only available this Tuesday to Thursday, and yet the console trade in is supposedly only Friday. Hence the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If you've the Ronaldo edition pre-ordered you can go tonight at midnight and get the deal.

I was told there will be no trade-ins taken at midnight launches though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

maximoose wrote: »
    I was told there will be no trade-ins taken at midnight launches though :pac:

What the ****, 3 stores told me tonight you can. They really are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

This must be the most confusing bargain I've ever read about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I think Gamestop have confused themselves by offering a good deal for once in their lives :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

It's the Ronaldo edition that's shown in their promotion flyer though, and it states it's only available this Tuesday to Thursday, and yet the console trade in is supposedly only Friday. Hence the confusion.

Ok so they've the wrong picture! At best with a bit of arguing you might get the deal for €85 with Ronaldo edition. Anything else is wishful thinking.

I don't think it's the wrong picture

OSVD5B3.png

The Ronaldo version is only being sold 26-28th. So reads to me if you trade up after that it's the standard edition

I don't think it's the wrong picture

The Ronaldo version is only being sold 26-28th. So reads to me if you trade up after that it's the standard edition

That's not the image on the website. no mention of Ronaldo edition or being available on 26th. Does have the picture of Ronaldo edition though. Clearly there is a mistake, people may be able to take advantage of it but I wouldn't bank on it. These people just work in the shop, they're not going to care what picture you show them, they're not going to hand over Ronaldo edition for €70 and a free trade up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Also was told no deals done at midnight due to having to test consoles etc. Don't hace the time then, which is understandable.

Naas said Friday morning no problem, preorder Fifa to guarantee getting a copy there and then. Plenty of stock they said.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's not the image on the website. no mention of Ronaldo edition or being available on 26th. Does have the picture of Ronaldo edition though. Clearly there is a mistake, people may be able to take advantage of it but I wouldn't bank on it. These people just work in the shop, they're not going to care what picture you show them, they're not going to hand over Ronaldo edition for €70 and a free trade up!

This is a screen grab from the web site:

WrRinHIl.jpg

No dates mentioned but it's clearly the Ronaldo edition in the picture. You're right that it makes no sense they would be giving it away for 69.99 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Gonna head in tomorrow morning and chance it first thing in the morning.
    Worse case scenario,they say no and I waste an hour of diesel :p
    Best case I get a new Xbox for nothing!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well both stores I contacted said the Ronaldo edition was included, and to pre-order it, so i did. Tonight/tomorrow will tell all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Fella in Naas when I rang said it was the standard edition. They're kinda all over the place on this one

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Well both stores I contacted said the Ronaldo edition was included, and to pre-order it, so i did. Tonight/tomorrow will tell all...

Because they're looking at the same image as everyone else with Ronaldo edition on it. doesn't mean you're going to get it! Computer says no...

Because they're looking at the same image as everyone else with Ronaldo edition on it. doesn't mean you're going to get it! Computer says no...

Guy in Henry St wasn't looking at images, had a 4/5 text page listing of promotions and found the FIFA 18 bundle and said yes, Ronaldo edition included from tomorrow to Friday.

giphy.gif

They've made a right balls of a good offer anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

what a farce.

I'm dropping my console in on thursday afternoon for testing and planning on picking up the new one on friday morning when the doors open.

i will not be a happy camper if I miss out on this.

Particularly as I paid for fifa in full (like a fool) when preordering. I hate fifa. It'll be going straight to CEX. :(

It would be nice to get it but tbh I don't really care.
    Will likely just be selling it, or trading against Forza 7 when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

went in to the local Gamestop and was told about the original offer,i had to explain the one with Forza etc.....it was found in a promotional binder with an "ohhhh we were never told to push that" even though it is available,Ronaldo edition pre order has stopped so had to pre order the ordinary edition and a jersey to make sure there is a bundle for me on friday when they start handing them out....not holding my breath on Forza or Minecraft waiting with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Honest question.

Is there really going to be that much interest that people think we need to pre-order?

I wasn't planning, just gonna hit Gamestop at 9am on way to work.

Just got confirmation from the store and head office, all good with the Ronaldo edition and Forza bundle for tonight/tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Reati wrote: »
    Honest question.

Is there really going to be that much interest that people think we need to pre-order?

I wasn't planning, just gonna hit Gamestop at 9am on way to work.

The manager I talked to said they'd be getting more Xbox One S's in before Friday if they needed to. Copies of "Ronaldo" Fifa will be the limiting factor before the normal version comes out on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just got confirmation from the store and head office, all good with the Ronaldo edition and Forza bundle for tonight/tomorrow.

Seriously? That's quite shocking. Not a mess up after all?

I'm going to call my local store now and see what they have to say.

did you pre-order the ronaldo version already or are they reserving one for you now?

xckjoo wrote: »
    The manager I talked to said they'd be getting more Xbox One S's in before Friday if they needed to. Copies of "Ronaldo" Fifa will be the limiting factor before the normal version comes out on Friday.

I don't understand but that's mainly the confusion in the thread :)

I don't want Fifa, just after a newer xbox but it seems like if you order the Ronaldo version you can get the xbox earlier in the week and hence there might be no stock left Friday for standard fifa?

I don't want Fifa, just after a newer xbox but it seems like if you order the Ronaldo version you can get the xbox earlier in the week and hence there might be no stock left Friday for standard fifa?

The one thing that seems to be consistent is they don't think there'll be an issue with stock, how true that is however I don't know!

The one thing that seems to be consistent is they don't think there'll be an issue with stock, how true that is however I don't know!

I went into a Smyths today (i know different stores) but they had so many PS4s and Xbox S bundles on the shelves behind the counter that I'd be surprised if stock was an issue too here tbh.

Bigger thing for me is how long the testing of the OG xbone will take! Need to get to work.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah issue for me is I start work an hour before GS even opens, so inconsistencies are particularly annoying.

Bigger thing for me is how long the testing of the OG xbone will take! Need to get to work.

Good point. I was hoping to leave it in and come back, anyone know is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I don't understand but that's mainly the confusion in the thread :)

So there's (roughly) three things we're talking about here: 1) Xbox One S, 2) Ronaldo Fifa 18, 3) Regular Fifa 18.

The Gamestop deal is to trade in your Xbox One and €70 for Fifa 18 and the S (plus the other few things I'm not going to list). Ronaldo Fifa 18 is a special edition version that's out tomorrow/midnight. Regular Fifa 18 is out Friday/Thursday midnight. When Ronaldo Fifa sells out, they won't get more. When the S sells out they (presumably) will get more. When Regular Fifa 18 sells out they will get more. If Ronaldo Fifa sells out tomorrow, you won't be able to avail of the deal until Friday. But then you can do it on Friday with Regular Fifa.

I guess it's possible that Gamestop Head Office won't restock Xbox One S's when the stores run out, but we've no reason to think that'll happen.

R777B wrote: »
    Seriously? That's quite shocking. Not a mess up after all?

I'm going to call my local store now and see what they have to say.

did you pre-order the ronaldo version already or are they reserving one for you now?

All looks good yeah! - I pre-ordered the Ronaldo edition on Saturday

• Advertisement

Good point. I was hoping to leave it in and come back, anyone know is that possible?

I dropped in mine to be tested @ lunch, can collect the One S tonight at midnight, or tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement