Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Where in the hell are all the proper GTA V and Far Cry 4 bundles, like there is for the PS4? Why don't they want my money??? :confused:

Because Sony paid for it. All the ads for GTA are promoting the PS4 version, same happened with Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Looking for Xbox 360 console bargain if anyone on comes across one !!! Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I haven't really be playing my 360 since GTA5 so over a year but I really want to get an XO now.
    I wonder will Argos be doing any mega deals/errors :D before the Xmas.
    Also reading about the possibility of a new slim model coming out maybe it's better to just wait another few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I haven't really be playing my 360 since GTA5 so over a year but I really want to get an XO now.
    I wonder will Argos be doing any mega deals/errors :D before the Xmas.
    Also reading about the possibility of a new slim model coming out maybe it's better to just wait another few months.

Would wait until E3, in June, if you're trying to hold out until a slim version is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Would wait until E3, in June, if you're trying to hold out until a slim version is announced

Oh screw that, that's a long time away. I thought maybe in January there would be something announced. The say size doesn't matter anyway right :D.
    In all seriousness though I have plenty of room for the current XO under my TV.
    I can't imagine a newer model would offer anything much extra bar the size difference. That white model looks kinda nice...
    Although everything else I have is black :confused:

• Advertisement

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Oh screw that, that's a long time away. I thought maybe in January there would be something announced. The say size doesn't matter anyway right :D.
    In all seriousness though I have plenty of room for the current XO under my TV.
    I can't imagine a newer model would offer anything much extra bar the size difference. That white model looks kinda nice...
    Although everything else I have is black :confused:

I'd say a bigger HDD option would also be given

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd get a halo bundle if I knew for sure it was a proper boxed bundle, like the artwork shows. No other store lists this bundle though, so I reckon it might be just a match up of standard boxed console with halo thrown in.

Mate got it in Argos in Tralee and it was standard €379 X1 with a copy of Halo thrown in. Not a 'halo' boxed X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

quad_red wrote: »
    Mate got it in Argos in Tralee and it was standard €379 X1 with a copy of Halo thrown in. Not a 'halo' boxed X1.

Some shnakes!

Forza Horizon 2 is back down to €45 in HMV/Xtravision on the deal of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I bought the deal from game.co.uk mentioned a few pages back and it included a special Halo MCC skin, that's about as close to a bundle you'll get.

Didn't think they deliver it to Ireland but another friend has bought one and had it delivered in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thought as much :( cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Found on HDUK;

Halo MCC is £29.69 (€38 ish) from http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk using code VC10OFF
    free postage too. just ordered!

sweetie wrote: »
    Found on HDUK;

Halo MCC is £29.69 (€38 ish) from http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk using code VC10OFF

Even without the code, why is it like €20 cheaper than it is in xtravision in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Even without the code, why is it like €20 cheaper than it is in xtravision in Ireland?

I know. need to tell Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

sweetie wrote: »
    Found on HDUK;

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Where seems the cheapest place to get an XB1? Will have about 330 after next week and can add another 160 if I sell my Bass guitar. Looking for a bundle with Halo (hope it's fixed by then) and maybe CoD/Sunset. I play my multiplats on PS4 so only looking for the exclusives. Game.co.uk have a bundle of a console + halo+cod+forza GOTY for 430 euro.

Anyone know if the Assassins Creed X1 bundle comes with actual discs or just codes?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3307690/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

Trying to figure out the cheapest way to get an X1 plus Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone know if the Assassins Creed X1 bundle comes with actual discs or just codes?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3307690/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

Both digital codes. It says so in the description.

Wait until after Christmas for Destiny if possible. There is a very high chance of its price being reduced in the January sales.

Flipping gutted.

Weeks of great bargains with Destiny/Advanced warfare (even outside of argos glitches) and now it's nothing bar sunset overdrive, fifa, assassins creed (not interested) or Halo (not interested until they fix it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Flipping gutted.

Weeks of great bargains with Destiny/Advanced warfare (even outside of argos glitches) and now it's nothing bar sunset overdrive, fifa, assassins creed (not interested) or Halo (not interested until they fix it).

Keep an eye on amazon and their black Friday deals. I saw an Xbox bundle listed to go on sale later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Flipping gutted.

I hear ya. And there's been the great PS4 bundle with GTA V and Far Cry 4 for €409 last week or so. If that had been Xbox, I'd have snapped it up straight away.

Let's keep the faith and hope there's more interesting bundles from Wednesday onwards.

HMV used have great deals.

Now they're as bad as Xtra vision. ie useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

HMV used have great deals.

Now they're as bad as Xtra vision. ie useless

HMV and Xtravision are one and the same these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

in my local extravision asking about trading in my 360 against a xb1 thay said they would give me 27euro for the 360 WTF for that price I would keep it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Finally picked up a One (not for me though, it's a Santa thing). Got the €399 bundle in Argos with GTAV, with a 10% discount voucher to boot, which resulted in a total price of €359! Now, to pack it away for the next four weeks :(

Finally picked up a One (not for me though, it's a Santa thing). Got the €399 bundle in Argos with GTAV, with a 10% discount voucher to boot, which resulted in a total price of €359! Now, to pack it away for the next four weeks :(

Sweet! Where did ye get the 10% discount voucher?

Finally picked up a One (not for me though, it's a Santa thing)

Yeah.... ;p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You really should test it out to make sure it's working right, I'd say 100 hours would be enough just to be safe :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

in my local extravision asking about trading in my 360 against a xb1 thay said they would give me 27euro for the 360 WTF for that price I would keep it

No surprise there. Try selling on adverts.

I rang xtravision to enquire how much I would get for a six week old ps3 500 gb slim with receipt.

They told me €80, i sold it on adverts for 200 with 10 games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement