Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

qrx wrote: »
    Well fair play to them. I'll think twice now before saying bad things about gamestop :)

I'll wait to see if I can get the trade in offer on Friday before I heap any praise on Gamestop. Annoying that the trade in deal is available in some stores from today but not others.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll wait to see if I can get the trade in offer on Friday before I heap any praise on Gamestop. Annoying that the trade in deal is available in some stores from today but not others.

It should be every store if you are getting the Ronaldo edition.
    The Cork store confirmed this with their head office, if they could put it through the system I can't see why any other stores could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It should be every store if you are getting the Ronaldo edition.
    The Cork store confirmed this with their head office, if they could put it through the system I can't see why any other stores could not.

Rang the Galway store yesterday and they said trade ins were only Friday.

They are a joke in there, went in on Saturday to make sure that the information I had gotten the day before on the phone was correct, the woman I had to deal with was more interested in being whimsical than anything else. Had absolutely no clue about the offer and little knowledge of games or consoles. I was looking to get the PS Pro the same day and she repeatedly told me that the Slim was the same as the Pro but offered better value. She also wasn't aware that a new Xbox was due to be released and when she looked it up told me "oh that's just the old version rebranded". Had to show her the Gamestop twitter before she would believe there was an offer and then she said that the Kinect was needed to trade in the original console for the offer, the offer she was not aware of before I showed it to her. After a long time talking with a colleague told me that the offer was only for launch day, that there would only be 2-3 consoles in store, that it would not include an additional game and that she was still not sure the offer was real as she had no way of verifying if the image I showed her on the Gamestop twitter was real. A complete and utter joke of a place

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Picked one up in there this morning......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It seems like the offer wasn't active in the system before today, so you would have gotten random answers. To be fair they have tons of offers and this seems to have come out of the blue and with poor details from head office, so it is understandable that the staff didn't know much.

Give them a buzz again, i just rang my local store who were unsure yesterday, but they confirmed it is on today and they have minecraft, forza, and forza + hot wheels bundles in stock.

I asked if they wanted the box? He said no that they have their own boxes. All they need is the console, cables, and controller, and to make sure the manufactuers seal is intact.

I asked if they wanted it wiped or with a profile and game installed? He said if it had a game and profile it will speed things up and he will wipe it when done testing it.

Friend was told first thing this morning to come back Friday.

It seems like the offer wasn't active in the system before today, so you would have gotten random answers. To be fair they have tons of offers and this seems to have come out of the blue and with poor details from head office, so it is understandable that the staff didn't know much.

Give them a buzz again, i just rang my local store who were unsure yesterday, but they confirmed it is on today and they have minecraft, forza, and forza + hot wheels bundles in stock.

I asked if they wanted the box? He said no that they have their own boxes. All they need is the console, cables, and controller, and to make sure the manufactuers seal is intact.

I asked if they wanted it wiped or with a profile and game installed? He said if it had a game and profile it will speed things up and he will wipe it when done testing it.

To be fair, I think that in general, they are a joke in there. No one working there has any knowledge of games or even plays them. I interviewed there for a job when I was in college and as soon as the manager heard I loved gaming he told me that I would not be getting the job as he "didn't want to spend all day talking about games". I know someone who went in to get a WiiU for Christmas as all their kids wanted was to play Mario, lad in there had them get an Xbox as "Mario was on all consoles". That they are not aware of the offer I will let them off with, but telling me that the new Xbox is just a rebranded version of the original and that the Slim and Pro are the same thing is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

After some messing about at the till I got mine.

They couldn't figure out how to put the bundle through and I got it for €51 in the end! Xbox One S, FH3 + Hotwheels, Fifa UT jersey and FIFA 18 Ronaldo edition.

Great bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Good point. I was happy to just take the standard edition but if I go in on Friday and there's only Minecraft or barebones left or even worse none left...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

So what's the quickest way to wipe the box? Just delete the profiles? Or will have to do a full reset? Might make it down this evening if all I've to do is a quick delete of profiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Sent mine into Donaghmede yesterday and getting it today, unreal deal :) I'll be using it to trade back in for the Xbox One X, hopefully they have a great deal for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Seriously? I rang the Galway store last week and was told to bring it in on Thursday for testing, but not before. After I read this thread yesterday I rang again and was told not to bring it in until Friday. Sweet Jebus.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So what's the quickest way to wipe the box? Just delete the profiles? Or will have to do a full reset? Might make it down this evening if all I've to do is a quick delete of profiles.

I'm not going to bother wiping min I think, will make the testing quicker and I'll just change my password quicksharp when I get home.

Rang my local store and they surprisingly actually offered to keep the console for me until the end of the day, credit where credit is due in fairness to them.

I just deleted all accounts from the console and left a few games on for testing. Changed my passwords then.

Friend was told first thing this morning to come back Friday.

To be fair, I think that in general, they are a joke in there. No one working there has any knowledge of games or even plays them. I interviewed there for a job when I was in college and as soon as the manager heard I loved gaming he told me that I would not be getting the job as he "didn't want to spend all day talking about games". I know someone who went in to get a WiiU for Christmas as all their kids wanted was to play Mario, lad in there had them get an Xbox as "Mario was on all consoles". That they are not aware of the offer I will let them off with, but telling me that the new Xbox is just a rebranded version of the original and that the Slim and Pro are the same thing is a joke.

I got mine in there first thing this morning. It was just myself and the manager in the shop. Nice guy. Knew exactly what was going on. I'd say the problem is if you get talking to one of the regular staff.

Ya deleting profiles would be quickest. I did full reset. Then you have to do some initial setup and reconnect a profile to install a game. You can just delete all the profiles from it without it complaining though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will the games work if there's no account there though?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will the games work if there's no account there though?

Don't think so but he just logged in with his own account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Well fair play to them. I'll think twice now before saying bad things about gamestop :)

Still gotta wonder what's in it for them are they simply clearing stock for the X? I'd imagine alot of these will be coming back to them in a couple of months traded against the X.
    Microsoft want stock shifted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It should be all stores, check out their Facebook page, they just posted this up a few minutes ago:
    Get our Xbox One Trade Offer TODAY with the FIFA 18: Ronaldo Edition while stocks last!

https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/photos/a.406092095061.365594.273761945061/10159206974370062/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If the staff made a quick phone call all this hassle could be avoided!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It should be all stores, check out their Facebook page, they just posted this up a few minutes ago:

https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/photos/a.406092095061.365594.273761945061/10159206974370062/?type=3&theater

they are supposed to receive emails with the offer details

its possible that the manager hasn't checked or informed them yet

in my local store, they normally have it printed out in a folder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Anyone know if the manufacturers seal gets broken when you trade in? My current console is one I bought 2nd hand from Game up north, I'm wondering if that'll cause me problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know if the manufacturers seal gets broken when you trade in? My current console is one I bought 2nd hand from Game up north, I'm wondering if that'll cause me problems...

They won't take it if the seal is broken. Well that's what they told me on the phone this morning.

Just see that Gamestop are selling the Xbox One 500GB pre owned (the model we are trading in) for 209.99.

Even if you werent trading in for the extra 40 quid you get Fifa 18, Forza and the jersey! Crazy

Mikey23 wrote: »
    Seriously? I rang the Galway store last week and was told to bring it in on Thursday for testing, but not before. After I read this thread yesterday I rang again and was told not to bring it in until Friday. Sweet Jebus.

Rang them a little while ago as I am at work and was told that I can leave the console in today for testing and that I would then need to come back in on Friday to collect the console. Guy on the phone said the offer does not start till then and anyone claiming to have gotten it today or last night is telling lies.

CeX give €42 for Fifa, rather not go to them but so far struggling to sell it even at €45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Rang them a little while ago as I am at work and was told that I can leave the console in today for testing and that I would then need to come back in on Friday to collect the console. Guy on the phone said the offer does not start till then and anyone claiming to have gotten it today or last night is telling lies.

They are bigger spoofers than 2nd hand car dealers :D

maximoose wrote: »
    CeX give €42 for Fifa, rather not go to them but so far struggling to sell it even at €45

Gamestop will give 40 cash or 50 store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

If I didn't preorder the Ronaldo version of Fifa I can hardly rock up today or tomorrow no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

That's weird because I know three people that got it today in that store. Sure will Friday not do ya? Ya wouldn't be playing video games on a school night anyway would ya :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement