Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If I didn't preorder the Ronaldo version of Fifa I can hardly rock up today or tomorrow no?

They'll have a few copies all right.Just try get down there early

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Just got my one came to 51.99 with my loyalty card 10percent off some deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Wait till you hear my story... so my Naas gamestop employs a clueless one and an ape, who was in the tacky Fifa jersey, said they only got in 2, TWO copies of Ronaldo edition, also said he was working until 2am... so what was he selling then.. think the huar just didn't wanna sell it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks op.
    Picked mine up awhile ago in mullingar with ronaldo edition and forza with hotwheels dlc.
    Was a fair few people trading there old Xbox.
    Came to €66 all in.
    Happy days.
    Now to try and shift the FIFA 18 :p
    Was shocked to see on the receipt that ronaldo edition is €90 on its own!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

The thick plottens. Just been told you can trade in a PS4 as well! I'm sure PS4 fans will be disgusted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

qrx wrote: »
    The thick plottens. Just been told you can trade in a PS4 as well! I'm sure PS4 fans will be disgusted :D

They were doing an offer of PS4 to PS4 Slim as well.

honda boi wrote: »
    Thanks op.
    Picked mine up awhile ago in mullingar with ronaldo edition and forza with hotwheels dlc.
    Was a fair few people trading there old Xbox.
    Came to €66 all in.
    Happy days.
    Now to try and shift the FIFA 18 :p
    Was shocked to see on the receipt that ronaldo edition is €90 on its own!!!

Cex will give you 42 cash for Fifa.

GameStop will give you 40 cash or 50 store credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They were doing an offer of PS4 to PS4 Slim as well.

Like the same deal?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Like the same deal?

Think I saw it's 99.99 for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do they require a HDMI cable and an ethernet cable as part of the trade in? Cant even remember did I get an ethernet cable with mine.

Secondly, do they need the box or not? Im off Friday so might pop into the Galway shop to see if I can get this deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ethernet and Box - No
    HDMI - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Like the same deal?

I posted it in the PlayStation Bargain Thread last week. Like Mickeroo said I think it was €99 to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I posted it in the PlayStation Bargain Thread last week. Like Mickeroo said I think it was €99 to upgrade.

It is €99, not worth it moving between the PS4 and the slim tbh.

Don't need the box either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Rang them a little while ago as I am at work and was told that I can leave the console in today for testing and that I would then need to come back in on Friday to collect the console. Guy on the phone said the offer does not start till then and anyone claiming to have gotten it today or last night is telling lies.

Should show them the facebook post with all the people posting pics of their new console.

Should show them the facebook post with all the people posting pics of their new console.

I showed it to them on Saturday while instore and was told that they could not verify it.Going to go in Thursday afternoon after work and see what the story is

I showed it to them on Saturday while instore and was told that they could not verify it.Going to go in Thursday afternoon after work and see what the story is

I think at this stage it's confirmed you can get the deal now. But also that there is no rush, unless you want Ronaldo edition as it is time limited.

Today's purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I think at this stage it's confirmed you can get the deal now. But also that there is no rush, unless you want Ronaldo edition as it is time limited.

They'll run out of stock of Xbox though will they not?
    Or get too many on the uptake.

I knew from last week you could get it, just wish staff would hurry up and catch on. One of the lads from work went in on lunch and was told that the offer is from Friday. The other person in there was putting the deal through for customer there and then. To be fair, it is Gamestop so it is expected

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 forrealsyo

Wait till you hear my story... so my Naas gamestop employs a clueless one and an ape, who was in the tacky Fifa jersey, said they only got in 2, TWO copies of Ronaldo edition, also said he was working until 2am... so what was he selling then.. think the huar just didn't wanna sell it to me.

Great story Bro. Good chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They'll run out of stock of Xbox though will they not?
    Or get too many on the uptake.

Doubt it, new stock of hardware is pretty much constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Rang them a little while ago as I am at work and was told that I can leave the console in today for testing and that I would then need to come back in on Friday to collect the console. Guy on the phone said the offer does not start till then and anyone claiming to have gotten it today or last night is telling lies.

Bought mine just there now - figured it was worth nipping home for at lunchtime. Even talked to the same fella who’d told me to leave it til Friday! (Pardon the paranoia in the pic - never a fan of posting pics of receipts!)

Mikey23 wrote: »
    Bought mine just there now - figured it was worth nipping home for at lunchtime. Even talked to the same fella who’d told me to leave it til Friday! (Pardon the paranoia in the pic - never a fan of posting pics of receipts!)
    After all that they still managed to con you...game protect?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

After all that they still managed to con you...game protect?! :D

I'd be in there right row, demanding my fiver back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Sure I know, but with what I was getting I felt like I should be sprinting out of there!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I already have a 500GB One S, but the idea of getting FIFA 18 and FH3 for a total of 70 quid is pretty sweet.
    Anyone know if I can get in on that deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got the game protect on my receipt aswell.
    Assumed it was included in the price since its meant to be €69

They put to game protect on mine to get the total into a positive number :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I knew from last week you could get it, just wish staff would hurry up and catch on. One of the lads from work went in on lunch and was told that the offer is from Friday. The other person in there was putting the deal through for customer there and then. To be fair, it is Gamestop so it is expected

go into gamestop and ring the head office yourself and tell them to ring the store and explain the offer to the staff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement