Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Going to give a shot in the crescent in Limerick in the morning once I delete profiles and games tonight.

Will leave 1 digital game on, but will that work with any profile or does the one I bought it with still need to be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

mossym wrote: »
    Going to give a shot in the crescent in Limerick in the morning once I delete profiles and games tonight.

Will leave 1 digital game on, but will that work with any profile or does the one I bought it with still need to be on it

If the other profile also owns the game, then it'll work.
    If not, then it won't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Got mine in the Parkway after lunch, paid 60.99 for it but FIFA was only available digitally so will have to sell it on adverts. I handed it in about 12.30 to be tested and got a phone call at half one saying I was all good to go. It was the Forza Hot Wheels edition that I picked up along with Ronaldo edition of FIFA and the t-shirt, mad deal altogether!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

One more quick question, the copy of FIFA and (potentially Forza), are they digital or physical copies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Doubt it, new stock of hardware is pretty much constant.

They plan stock for this kinda stuff - they will have plenty around on Friday. I can wait, not paying extra for a game i don't want :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got mine in Ennis, no jersey but Ronaldo edition and forza hot wheels for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

@ grumpypants
    did you get a fifa disk or a download code?

Akrasia wrote: »

You get the disk based on what i saw on facebook?

Reati wrote: »
    You get the disk based on what i saw on facebook?

Yeah. I think so too, but some stores seem to be out of the disk and are offering download codes instead.

Yeah. I think so too, but some stores seem to be out of the disk and are offering download codes instead.

Get ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

my son got minecraft,fifa ronaldo disk and all minecraft dlc in cavan store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a bananas deal. I traded FIFA in on the spot. Physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

forrealsyo wrote: »
    Great story Bro. Good chat.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

@ grumpypants

I got the disk for FIFA. Fully sealed too it's €90 to buy that Ronaldo edition. I think forza is a code inside the console box. Ive not had a chance to look yet.

When they scanned my loyalty card it discounted it by 9 euro. So i picked up gears of war ultimate edition for 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Got the deal today in the Crescent in Limerick. Didn't have it pre-ordered and the fifa game came as a digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Physical edition of FIFA in Galway. The full bingo inc shirt and Forza/Hot Wheels code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When I collected my Xbox last night the guy in GameStop mentioned this offer. If you trade in any 6 games you get a 20% discount on your next pre order (could be 20 Euro too I forget!)

For the next month they’ll take Xbox 360 and ps3 as well as PS4 and XB1. But after that it’s just XB1 and PS4 games they’ll accept. Can be any games he said.

There’s a card with 6 stamps to be collected on it. Someone here may know the full story!

Cool. I'll take a trip into gamestop tomorrow

Transfer all the HDD games to my portable hard drive tonight

The new controller by itself will be handy because the Xbox one s controller works with windows via bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When I collected my Xbox last night the guy in GameStop mentioned this offer. If you trade in any 6 games you get a 20% discount on your next pre order (could be 20 Euro too I forget!)!

There was a big thread on Reddit on this a couple of weeks ago. Basically guys were buying the cheapest games they could find with the highest trade in value. By trading 6 they got a 20% increase in the trade in values. A few guys managed to earn $450+ by doing this and basically paid off their One X preorder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6l195w/how_i_convertedtraded_9787_worth_of_walmart_games/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There was a big thread on Reddit on this a couple of weeks ago. Basically guys were buying the cheapest games they could find with the highest trade in value. By trading 6 they got a 20% increase in the trade in values. A few guys managed to earn $450+ by doing this and basically paid off their One X preorder.

Any chance you have a link for that!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

It's a bananas deal. I traded FIFA in on the spot. Physical copy.

How much you get for Fifa?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any chance you have a link for that!?

Just updated my previous post with it.

qrx wrote: »
    How much you get for Fifa?

52.50 including the bump from the loyalty card

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Odd - I don't think I got anything from the loyalty card.
    Must check it...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Odd - I don't think I got anything from the loyalty card.
    Must check it...
    Got €9 off from my loyalty card. So whole bundle with Ronaldo edition cost me €61. Think I'll hang onto Fifa. They're only giving a flat trade in value for both standard and Ronaldo edition. I think Ronaldo edition at €90 should be given a better trade in value, I'd rather keep it.

qrx wrote: »
    Got €9 off from my loyalty card. So whole bundle with Ronaldo edition cost me €61. Think I'll hang onto Fifa. They're only giving a flat trade in value for both standard and Ronaldo edition. I think Ronaldo edition at €90 should be given a better trade in value, I'd rather keep it.

The ronaldo edition is just free FUT packs, and some skins as well as the 3 days early access. It'll be worth the same as standard after tonight.

The ronaldo edition is just free FUT packs, and some skins as well as the 3 days early access. It'll be worth the same as standard after tonight.

Yeah but they'll sell it to you for €90 but when it comes to trading it back, ah sure it's not worth anything extra all you get is a few extras :) It's a game I'll play anyways. Way I see it I just got fifa and FH3 for €61 and a free trade in for xbox one S :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How long is this deal going for lads? I must be going blind, I can't see it anywhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    How long is this deal going for lads? I must be going blind, I can't see it anywhere.

It's supposed to run until Friday I think, or possibly until stocks last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's supposed to run until Friday I think, or possibly until stocks last.

No it's only fully starting on Friday..... :D

The normal version of Fifa is out on Friday. Forget about the Ronaldo one as it's just adding confusion. Ad says valid until 10/10.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement