Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's supposed to run until Friday I think, or possibly until stocks last.

Until tomorrow for the Ronaldo edition, until October 10th for the standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

CatInABox wrote: »
    How long is this deal going for lads? I must be going blind, I can't see it anywhere.

Strangely enough there isn't a lot of marketing for it and what is out there is a tad confusing. There was not one sign up mentioning the deal in store. Apparently this is a Microsoft promotion which might explain the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Probably a stupid question any deals for upgrading a xbox 360 ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question and deals for upgrading a xbox 360 ☺

You'd probably have to pay €180-€200 to upgrade I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just dropped mine into Waterford. 8 already have theirs in for testing so should have mine later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

xckjoo wrote: »
    No it's only fully starting on Friday..... :D

The normal version of Fifa is out on Friday. Forget about the Ronaldo one as it's just adding confusion. Ad says valid until 10/10.

Cheers. I'm in the UK, so I'm not seeing the ad anywhere!

My thinking now is, do I fly my fat Xbox One back to Ireland to take advantage of the deal or not? I'm flying back on the 4th anyway, so this could make a nice Christmas gift to someone..... (I'll be at pains to explain it to my wife though, she's wondering why I'm keeping the old one around when I've already got a One S)

CatInABox wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm in the UK, so I'm not seeing the ad anywhere!

My thinking now is, do I fly my fat Xbox One back to Ireland to take advantage of the deal or not? I'm flying back on the 4th anyway, so this could make a nice Christmas gift to someone..... (I'll be at pains to explain it to my wife though, she's wondering why I'm keeping the old one around when I've already got a One S)
    Is it much hassle to fly the old one back? If not then I'd go for it. I'd rather a brand new unopened S hanging around than an old fatty. Even just sell it while you are here, equates to a couple of hundred quid for your old xbox, that's not bad for a bit of hassle getting it over on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So not entirely sure what happened but I just picked up a new Xbox One S with FIFA 18 Ronaldo edition, Forza 3 and Forza Hotwheels for €66.75 and my launch console.

I'd been into my local Gamestop last week to pre-order the standard FIFA and to find out about the trade-in deal and the guy told me that it was going to be swamped on Friday and if I could to bring in my console a day or two before hand for testing - fair enough. Brought it in this morning, they had a quick look at it, powered it on and asked if I wanted to get the Forza or Minecraft pack. I said Forza, they went away to get it, gave me that along with the Ronaldo edition of FIFA and that jersey and charged me €66.75.

Think there was a slight discount because of the Gamestop Loyalty card, but yeah, that's a ridiculously good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

So not entirely sure what happened but I just picked up a new Xbox One S with FIFA 18 Ronaldo edition, Forza 3 and Forza Hotwheels for €66.75 and my launch console.

I'd been into my local Gamestop last week to pre-order the standard FIFA and to find out about the trade-in deal and the guy told me that it was going to be swamped on Friday and if I could to bring in my console a day or two before hand for testing - fair enough. Brought it in this morning, they had a quick look at it, powered it on and asked if I wanted to get the Forza or Minecraft pack. I said Forza, they went away to get it, gave me that along with the Ronaldo edition of FIFA and that jersey and charged me €66.75.

Think there was a slight discount because of the Gamestop Loyalty card, but yeah, that's a ridiculously good deal.

Me and you got charged the extra 5€ for game protection :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I checked my receipt last night and had the game protection too, seems like it's included in the 69.99

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    Me and you got charged the extra 5€ for game protection :p

Heh, yeah just checked and it's there alright. Honestly though, they're welcome to it for that deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Picked mine up today. Fifa is a code, presume no issue in selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

mossym wrote: »

Nope can sell no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

mossym wrote: »

No you should be ok! I sold on my forza code for 25 Euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Argos have the Forza or Minecraft edition Xbox One S 500GB, with free Fifa Ronaldo edition (99.99 on their site) for €239.99 on their site.

This is for people looking at a One S bargain, without having an old console to trade in :)

If I didn't preorder the Ronaldo version of Fifa I can hardly rock up today or tomorrow no?

Worked for me today.

Worth noting that the guy who took in my order said that they had the exact same deal for anyone who wanted to trade in a launch PS4. Give them your PS4 and get the Xbox One S with FIFA and Forza.

Anyone know does the vertical stand come in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

qrx wrote: »
    Anyone know does the vertical stand come in the box?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Might be interested in Fifa code if anybody wants to PM on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Managed to get one in Dundrum - They only had minecraft bundles left though.

Tried Tallaght and they had 4 people queuing and 2 'S' consoles left so took the best quality 2 and mine wasn't one of them.

Dun Laoghaire had one in stock when I called but wouldn't hold it and it was gone when I got there.

Dundrum were grand and seemed to have a good few of the minecraft bundles left.

If anyone wants to swap FH3 for MC, pm me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Am I the only one too lazy to get this trade in deal?:D

Can't wait to see if the dash is laggy like on my old fatty. To anyone who buys a 2nd hand xbox with a laggy dash, sorry bout that :o

Am I the only one too lazy to get this trade in deal?:D

That's 4 yeses.

My brother was the same so i called over to his house, took his xbox and traded it for him. He's not much of a gamer but his xbox would disconnect the controller randomly and when i babysit it would drive me nuts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus, I wouldn't want to pick up a second hand Xbox from Gamestop as so far there is two faulty Xbox's sent in and probably a lot more as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Argos have the Forza or Minecraft edition Xbox One S 500GB, with free Fifa Ronaldo edition (99.99 on their site) for €239.99 on their site.

This is for people looking at a One S bargain, without having an old console to trade in :)

Its €250 without the trade in GameStop, with a jersey and they are giving out the newer FH3 bundles with the Hot Wheels dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Its €250 without the trade in GameStop, with a jersey and they are giving out the newer FH3 bundles with the Hot Wheels dlc.

Say I rock up with my Argos copy of Forza and fifa . How much are gs giving people and is it cash or credit?

sierra117x wrote: »
    Say I rock up with my Argos copy of Forza and fifa . How much are gs giving people and is it cash or credit?

forza is digital so you have to sell that yourself. i got 44 cash for fifa, i think people are saying you can get 50-55 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

IvoryTower wrote:
    forza is digital so you have to sell that yourself. i got 44 cash for fifa, i think people are saying you can get 50-55 credit

I suppose I've to get gold for it so might as well trade for credit and use that to buy it. Or a second controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

https://www.tesco.com/direct/xbox-one-s-500gb-forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels-dlc/462-2253.prd?skuId=462-2253
    Two bundle options included. You can get a extra controller and Overwatch included with the console for £219

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement