Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just opened up my forza hotwheels xbox s. Forza is a cross play code so i get a Win 10 PC copy for free too. Plus in the box there is a code for one months Game pass which has over 100 games, and 14 days Live.

Plenty to keep me going for the next few weeks.

Plus it now fits in my Ikea shelf. The OG xbox just about squashed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

IIDSIIELMO wrote: »
    https://www.tesco.com/direct/xbox-one-s-500gb-forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels-dlc/462-2253.prd?skuId=462-2253
    Two bundle options included. You can get a extra controller and Overwatch included with the console for £219

The GameStop bundle is better for the same price tbh. You can sell Fifa to buy Overwatch and still have change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Did the trade today, got Ronaldo Edition of FIFA and the Forza pack. Only cost me €49.99 with a level 3 loyalty card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How easy is it to download all of the games from Xbox one to one s??

I have a day 1 edition that my son uses everyday...we got a back up one for 100euro that's brand new in the box..would I better off trading in the one that's always been used or the brand new one?? Such a great offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How easy is it to download all of the games from Xbox one to one s??

I have a day 1 edition that my son uses everyday...we got a back up one for 100euro that's brand new in the box..would I better off trading in the one that's always been used or the brand new one?? Such a great offer!

You have two Ones?

If so I'd trade both in and get two One S. Keep one FIFA if he wants it, if not sell them both. €140 for two consoles.

Keep one for your son and give the other One S as a Christmas present (you'll be the favourite Aunt/Uncle/Cousin).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Jesus, I wouldn't want to pick up a second hand Xbox from Gamestop as so far there is two faulty Xbox's sent in and probably a lot more as well.
    Dash is still laggy on the new box so I don't think my traded box was faulty. Seems a bit nipper, but still a noticeable lag when going through the guide. It's one of those things mot everyone notices.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You have two Ones?

If so I'd trade both in and get two One S. Keep one FIFA if he wants it, if not sell them both. €140 for two consoles.

Keep one for your son and give the other One S as a Christmas present (you'll be the favourite Aunt/Uncle/Cousin).

Yeah I've 2 of them...my brother in France picked up one for 100 euro in a shop closing down so we had it just in case the other one packed in..

Everything is saved to cloud though on the Xbox one?? So it's just a matter of 're installing it to the new one??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah I've 2 of them...my brother in France picked up one for 100 euro in a shop closing down so we had it just in case the other one packed in..

Everything is saved to cloud though on the Xbox one?? So it's just a matter of 're installing it to the new one??

If you have an external hard drive you can plug it into the back of the Xbox and once it's done formatting you can transfer over all the games.

If you don't have one all the games and save files should be in the cloud and once you sign in your son's profile on a new Xbox you can redownload his games.

The external hard drive is handy as it saves you redownload everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Newsletter said this offer is valid until the 10th of October. Do we think it will get anywhere near that before stocks run out, especially in the busier stores in Dublin etc?

I'm going to pull the trigger on this but it will be Saturday before I can get in. I'm sure many will be in the same boat which will lead to even more demand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i cannot see it lasting, previous posters said some dublin shops were already out, when i was in crescent limerick yesterday my unit was added to a pile of 5 or 6 others for testing, and while i was paying for my new unit the girl at the till took two other calls explaining the process. as much stock as they might have had it seems everyone is going for this deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

In Drogheda they said more stock was coming on Friday(normal fifa, not ronaldo) but that they didnt expect it to last the weekend

Do they have any left in Drogheda ivory? I'm hitting in today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Do they have any left in Drogheda ivory? I'm hitting in today

They had 2 Ronaldo ones yesterday at lunch after I took one. You might be better off ringing ahead cause they said more stock coming tomorrow. They might let you pay for it now and collect then at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone know is this still available in Galway? Planning to pop in tomorrow.

Secondly, how long does the testing take? If I just delete both profiles and leave all other files thats sufficient enough to keep my account secure I'm guessing and help speed up any testing? Ive already got FIFA 18 installed so they could just use that without needing a download/install?

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know is this still available in Galway? Planning to pop in tomorrow.

Secondly, how long does the testing take? If I just delete both profiles and leave all other files thats sufficient enough to keep my account secure I'm guessing and help speed up any testing? Ive already got FIFA 18 installed so they could just use that without needing a download/install?

Not a great help but I got one yesterday at 6pm.

At that stage they only had Minecraft and digital FIFA though it came to e61 and not e70.

Testing took 10mins as I came prepared, didnt wipe it and brought a disc. He'd have sent me packing otherwise as that's how he was edging the convo at the start since it was 5:40 but once he saw it was ready to go he has told me to wait.

Have to say the jersey is pretty sweet, nice design, nice fit and it'll definitely get use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Not a great help but I got one yesterday at 6pm.

At that stage they only had Minecraft and digital FIFA though it came to e61 and not e70.

Testing took 10mins as I came prepared, didnt wipe it and brought a disc. He'd have sent me packing otherwise as that's how he was edging the convo at the start since it was 5:40 but once he saw it was ready to go he has told me to wait.

Have to say the jersey is pretty sweet, nice design, nice fit and it'll definitely get use.

I was in the Galway store at lunchtime yesterday and was told they had no more Xbox S in stock! Can't believe one word out of their mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I was in the Galway store at lunchtime yesterday and was told they had no more Xbox S in stock! Can't believe one word out of their mouths.

That's the gamestop we all know and... love?

erkifino wrote: »
    That's the gamestop we all know and... love?

It's like they're incapable of doing a straight-up deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

We'll see if I get one today so, was sure they'd run out of stock.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    We'll see if I get one today so, was sure they'd run out of stock.

Currently out of Forza bundles in Dublin City centre. More in the delivery, which hasn't arrived yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Thinking I might buy an Xbox mainly for the uhd player for myself and games for the kids.
    Few bundles in smyths like this
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-s-500gb-family-bundle-2/b/800051

Are those bundles good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

XsApollo wrote:
    Are those bundles good value?

Yeah not bad that's the current deal Argos is running but paying extra for controller. Controller normally goes for about 60 I think so your saving about 30

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I am going to bite the bullet and try get this gamestop deal in the morning. They are expecting a delivery today but its delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got an email from Smyths saying there's €10 off when you spend €50. Think I'll grab Destiny 2. Works out at €50 after the tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Do you guys register your Xbox on the Xbox site for the warrenty or is the year warranty with gamestop with the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Got an email from Smyths saying there's €10 off when you spend €50. Think I'll grab Destiny 2. Works out at €50 after the tenner off.

Excludes video games I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Excludes video games I think

You're right, my mistake.

honda boi wrote: »
    Do you guys register your Xbox on the Xbox site for the warrenty or is the year warranty with gamestop with the receipt?

Warranty is with Gamestop.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Warranty is with Gamestop.

Yup, two other people along with myself were availing of the deal and to each and every one of us they said "Keep your receipt, you've a one year warranty with Microsoft, if there's any issues you have to contact them." :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Was at the Galway store first thing this morning. They got stock in at 9:30 and it was pretty painless after that. Got the Forza Horizon 3 bundle (with Hotwheels expansion), jersey and regular version of Fifa.

I had dropped my old console in on Wednesday, so it was all tested and ready to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement