Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Dropped mine into Galway this morning. I'd say your man testing them is fed up at this stage. They did say more stock came in this morn by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

On a separate deal, FIFA 18 is 49.99 in Supervalu, but only the stores below are stocking:

https://supervalu.ie/fifa-18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It says SuperValu Limerick, but there's 2 stores here.
    Does that mean either of them, I wonder? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It says SuperValu Limerick, but there's 2 stores here.
    Does that mean either of them, I wonder? :)
    Got mine in the Supervalu around the corner from Hueston station in Dublin. All the PS4 copies are gone, and they are running low on Xbox One copies. Just to note when I asked if they had any left the very helpful lady asked if I'd called and put my name down. I assume it was someone in the store being helpful and allowing people to reserve, and not official policy, but it might be worth calling ahead to your nearest store and seeing if they'll keep you a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Went for the deal on the way to work. Took 10 minutes max. Cost 5 euro after trading in Fifa straight away and GTA V / Tomb Raider for Xbox 360.

Cracking deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi, you get €62.50 trade for Fifa against another preorder if you have a level 3 card.

So will cost you an additional €7.50-€12.50 to get any upcoming standard edition game.

I got the console, Forza Horizon 3/Hot Wheels and Super Mario Odyssey for €52.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Traded in Forza 6 against the bundle and traded Fifa straight back in,ended up being handed a fiver :D I feel i've beaten Gamestop :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fyi, you get €62.50 trade for Fifa against another preorder if you have a level 3 card.

So will cost you an additional €7.50-€12.50 to get any upcoming standard edition game.

I got the console, Forza Horizon 3/Hot Wheels and Super Mario Odyssey for €52.

Jesus. I think I'll trade it in against an Xbox One X pre-order. The lad in Gamestop who sold me the One S told me that they were going to have a console trade-in offer for the One X, so I'll probably only have the One S for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

What do ye reckon my chances of getting this offer first thing tomorrow at either Omni or finglas?

budhabob wrote: »
    What do ye reckon my chances of getting this offer first thing tomorrow at either Omni or finglas?

Not sure, but GameStop are constantly getting stock atm. The offer runs until October 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Not sure, but GameStop are constantly getting stock atm. The offer runs until October 10th.

Ill give it a go sure, have omni and charlestown reasonably close to me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well never bothered getting this upgrade to a One S. Partly due to being too lazy and second my nearest Gamestop is a 35 minute drive away. My trusty Xbox One OG will have to do. I will eventually get the X. It may even be on launch day I will just wait and see.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well never bothered getting this upgrade to a One S. Partly due to being too lazy and second my nearest Gamestop is a 35 minute drive away. My trusty Xbox One OG will have to do. I will eventually get the X. It may even be on launch day I will just wait and see.

You still have two weeks to talk yourself into it :pac:

On the Xbox 1X,i got to see the trade-in deals Gamestop have in their magic folder of deals when i was in earlier:

trading the Xbox One S with any 2 games will get the Xbox 1X plus 3 month sub for 279.99

One S + any 3 games will get you - 1X and extra controller for 299.99

One S + any 4 games will get you - 1X and Elite Controller for 329.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dozyart wrote:
    trading the Xbox One S with any 2 games will get the Xbox 1X plus 3 month sub for 279.99

(*Any) 2 games??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Dozyart wrote: »
    On the Xbox 1X,i got to see the trade-in deals Gamestop have in their magic folder of deals when i was in earlier:

no sign of any offers for trading in a fat xbox one?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    (*Any) 2 games??

that's all it said for each deal,no idea what games but i'd assume the big ones coming out between now and the release will be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

that's all it said for each deal,no idea what games but i'd assume the big ones coming out between now and the release will be on it

I was about to buy 100 copies of Fighter Within :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gamestop Naas, biggest shower of ***** ever.

Tried to get deal yesterday but the guy said their shipment of S was due in later that day and took my number and would ring me, never rang me so I rang them today, said the deal ended yesterday and they won't be getting in more. Typical ToolStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Gamestop Naas, biggest shower of ***** ever.

Tried to get deal yesterday but the guy said their shipment of S was due in later that day and took my number and would ring me, never rang me so I rang them today, said the deal ended yesterday and they won't be getting in more. Typical ToolStop.

In fairness GameStop have been great in this deal. Lots of people have been able to upgrade and staff must have been under serious pressure with the amount of upgrades to process.

I'd try another store as I didn't think the deal was over until the 2nd?

Edit: Deal runs until the 10th.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    In fairness GameStop have been great in this deal. Lots of people have been able to upgrade and staff must have been under serious pressure with the amount of upgrades to process.

The email said the deal finished on the 10th.

The email said the deal finished on the 10th.

That could be it. I had 2nd and 10th in my head.

That could be it. I had 2nd and 10th in my head.

Don't know why they would do this the bundle is still active on the website(no forza left) and the scrolling banner still advertises the trade in deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Does this include games that are saved to the hard drive? Like free games you get with games with gold?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tilikum wrote: »
    Does this include games that are saved to the hard drive? Like free games you get with games with gold?

No, they're tied to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

What do they do with all the trade ins? All the Xbox ones & Xbox one s'? Try to sell them? Send the back to Microsoft?

Tilikum wrote: »
    What do they do with all the trade ins? All the Xbox ones & Xbox one s'? Try to sell them? Send the back to Microsoft?

Sell them to people who don't know much about gaming.

Mammy comes in for an Xbox for little Jonny. Mammy sees the One S is €280, guy behind the till says we've a great offer on refurbished Ones at €209. Mammy doesn't know the difference between the One and S and is happy to save €70.

Edit: Deal runs until the 10th.

Yeah well they guy said this morning it was now over so I dunno wtf, maybe my locals Game stops are idiots, you guys have Limerick etc maybe it doesn't sell as well down there?

Tallaght and Newbridge sold out, Tallaght wouldn't answer the phone so dropped in, 1 guy was sitting on his hole and some girl working alone.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah well they guy said this morning it was now over sp I dunno wtf, maybe my locals Game stops are idiots, you guys have Limerick etc maybe it doesn't sell as well down there?

Maybe he just had no consoles left? Or he's fed up dealing with upgrades.

I'm from Wexford and by all accounts both the Wexford store and Gorey store were taking upgrades. My cousin got one yesterday.

• Advertisement

Maybe he just had no consoles left? Or he's fed up dealing with upgrades.

I'm from Wexford and by all accounts both the Wexford store and Gorey store were taking upgrades. My cousin got one yesterday.

Probably just can't be arsed as they'd a shed load Thursday and can't imagine them selling out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement