Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

What's bad is the deal was supposed to be starting Friday. Anyone being turned away yesterday or today is bad form. Glad i didnt wait.

btw, FH3 is absolutely fantastic!

Dozyart wrote: »
    On the Xbox 1X,i got to see the trade-in deals Gamestop have in their magic folder of deals when i was in earlier:

trading the Xbox One S with any 2 games will get the Xbox 1X plus 3 month sub for 279.99

One S + any 3 games will get you - 1X and extra controller for 299.99

One S + any 4 games will get you - 1X and Elite Controller for 329.99

Sweet, Xbox One X coming right up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Dozyart wrote:
    On the Xbox 1X,i got to see the trade-in deals Gamestop have in their magic folder of deals when i was in earlier:

Dozyart wrote:
    trading the Xbox One S with any 2 games will get the Xbox 1X plus 3 month sub for 279.99

I'm sure there will be an asterisk or two somewhere. From a selected list or something.

Already have an S, but I'd gladly hand it over for a deal on the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

qrx wrote: »
    What's bad is the deal was supposed to be starting Friday. Anyone being turned away yesterday or today is bad form. Glad i didnt wait.

btw, FH3 is absolutely fantastic!

Not necessarily as the ad stated that the Ronaldo edition was available from Tuesday if people wanted it and therefore it opened then

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Going to upgrade to Xbox one X from my original Xbox one.. just wondering are GameStop going to do another offer with trading in and getting a certain amount off the Xbox one x?

• Advertisement

Not necessarily as the ad stated that the Ronaldo edition was available from Tuesday if people wanted it and therefore it opened then

But lots of people were told Friday myself included. Also that they had plenty of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

qrx wrote: »
    But lots of people were told Friday myself included. Also that they had plenty of stock.

I was also told Friday by numerous staff but typical clueless apes working for Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonder will he take a trade in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still not as bad as the bloke trying to sell 130 snes minis for €17k :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Spotted it yesterday. I don't think limited edition and collectors item are mutually inclusive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Think you mean mutually inclusive

Still advertising the trade in deal in store on Henry St.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

erkifino wrote: »
    Spotted it yesterday. I don't think limited edition and collectors item are mutually inclusive.

i almost hope he's right, if there are people out there willing to pay 2x the price for scorpio's i'll gladly sell them mine and buy a standard one X if it makes us both happy.

if microsoft had priced it at 1000 originally i;d have more understanding of people that paid it rather than paying it for a box that cost 500

you get the feeling he'll be left with it somehow. i can't imagine anyone is going to pay that for one with standard models coming so soon afterwards.

how did those day one versions work out for people? the only thing i think of when i see them is how it#s one of the oldest second hands you can buy

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

He dropped the price by €200, must be reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

He dropped the price by €200, must be reading this thread.

hes-in-here-with-us.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Interesting idea!
    After paying 50 euro deposit on my Scorpio pre-order, I've bought a gaming PC.
    I've now cancelled my AC Origins pre-order on XB1, which I was planning to play on my new XB1X, and pre-ordered it on PC.

So, instead of losing 50 euro on the Scorpio pre-order, I should pay the difference, get it, then sell it for at least the cost.
    That should work, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

So I caved and picked up a bundle. But it's Forza and not Minecraft. I see a lot of people wishing for just the opposite. Anyone looking for straight swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sierra117x wrote: »
    So I caved and picked up a bundle. But it's Forza and not Minecraft. I see a lot of people wishing for just the opposite. Anyone looking for straight swap?

do you want minecraft? I know a guy who might swap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'll swap code for code - Have minecraft and won't use it.

• Advertisement

Wisesmurf wrote:
    I'll swap code for code - Have minecraft and won't use it.

Yup code for code sounds fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Yup code for code sounds fair

PM'd you there.

A happy ending. Glad I didn't just wait for the Minecraft one to come back in stock.

A happy ending. Glad I didn't just wait for the Minecraft one to come back in stock.

Where did you pick up yours?

erkifino wrote:
    Where did you pick up yours?

Smyths in navan. Still had a few when I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I was also told Friday by numerous staff but typical clueless apes working for Gamestop

in fairness to the staff, it looks like they either got little or no info or conflicting info on this offer - it's hard for them to provide good customer service if the training and communications they got were **** to start with...

and then they have to deal with hordes of boardsies all demanding their deal - rightnowgoddamnit....:D

Smyths in navan. Still had a few when I was there

Bit to far away for me.

I can't fault the staff in Galway tbh... Even though I didn't get a deal. Dropped mine in Friday for checking but I was away for the weekend...

Great deal for those who got one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Forza 7 E44.99 in Argos for anyone looking.

http://checkargos.com/product/7209598

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Forza 7 E44.99 in Argos for anyone looking.

http://checkargos.com/product/7209598

Same price in Smyths

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Same price in Smyths

Its advertised as €49.99 in Smyths, €44.99 was the in store preorder price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement