Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

I benefited from this on the other end. Had two games to trade in and just checked the website while waiting and saw they had one in stock that hadn't even hit the shelf.

Might do the offer if it's available by payday and trade in my old controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sioda wrote: »
    How do you get the 5% off them again?
    I got it before but can't remember how

There is a tab on the Facebook page that will generate a code for you, needs to be on the desktop site.

https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/app/393344207416996/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Came up as 119.99 for me as well and traded Origins in straightaway for 46.

Plus got a €10 Argos voucher with it so came to about 65 for the elite controller.

Excellent deal so thanks to the guy above for letting us know!

Its coming up as €138 online for me, does it only change when you go to pick it up in store? Seems like an excellent deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Negative_G wrote: »
    Its coming up as €138 online for me, does it only change when you go to pick it up in store? Seems like an excellent deal.

Yep, my reservation email said €137.99 but when I went to pay it said to go to the till....where it came up as €119.99.

I was just taking a gamble really based on what the guy had said above about it going through at the cheaper price, €138 is still a great price for the controller and a brand new release, but.... I didn't want the controller that badly :)

A familiar take on an argos deal, elite controller plus Assassins Creed: Origins for €149.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4488556/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/Trail/searchtext%3EELITE.htm#tab3

weirdly enough, the controller on its own is €159?

Yep, my reservation email said €137.99 but when I went to pay it said to go to the till....where it came up as €119.99.

I was just taking a gamble really based on what the guy had said above about it going through at the cheaper price, €138 is still a great price for the controller and a brand new release, but.... I didn't want the controller that badly :)

Well, I bit the bullet. Like you and others I got it with AC Origins for €119.99 in Argos.

Didn't really want either but the controller always interested me.

Great bargain, thanks again to Stone Deaf for posting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

traded Origins in straightaway for 46.

Where did you trade in Origins?

I got that same deal today and have no interest in Origins.

Where did you trade in Origins?

I got that same deal today and have no interest in Origins.

CEX?

https://ie.m.webuy.com/product-detail/gaming/xbox-one-games/assassin-s-creed-origins-no-dlc-/3307216029571#.WfYhA8unzqA

Admittedly I searched their site very quickly earlier and could not find it listed. I probably spelt it wrong or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Crap I'm very tempted. . .I don't know how much I'd get for Origins. With the standard controller being £50, that could be a cracking deal on the elite.

Still need to pay for my X though

Damn this thread

Might be better to trade in GameStop atm, they are doing 50% extra trade credit vs some preorders atm.

• Advertisement

Might be better to trade in GameStop atm, they are doing 50% extra trade credit vs some preorders atm.

Any idea how much they would give for AC origins?

My experience, albeit some time ago, is that GameStop are very expensive? Have they changed their tune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Admittedly I searched their site very quickly earlier and could not find it listed. I probably spelt it wrong or something.

Funny enough it doesn't show up in searches on their website because it's so new. But comes up through Google. €42 cash or €46 credit.

I took the credit as they had an 8GB stick of 2666mhz DDR4 ram for €45, which saved me about €30 on buying it new.

This is just the bargain that keeps on giving.....

I even have €1 credit left over :D

Any idea how much they would give for AC origins?

My experience, albeit some time ago, is that GameStop are very expensive? Have they changed their tune?

Should be giving between €42 and €50 atm before the trade boost.

Should be giving between €42 and €50 atm before the trade boost.

Might be worth a look in that case, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Well, I bit the bullet. Like you and others I got it with AC Origins for €119.99 in Argos.

Didn't really want either but the controller always interested me.

Great bargain, thanks again to Stone Deaf for posting!
    Mind if I ask did you use the self service or to a manned till?

pcadhain wrote: »

I went to a cashier I never knew Argos had self service as they do not in the nearest store to me. I had a bit of trouble. The girl kept saying different things to me and called over another colleague and he said they were out of stock of the Elite. I told him I checked the stock and there was one left and I reserved it.

The problem was that the Elite controller costs €160(this from memory so could be wrong) and was less with the game added so they kept saying different things but after a few minutes they eventually sold it to me.

So yea it depends on who you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone know of a reduced price location for cuphead ?

Is it worth the purchase.. Heard it's seriously frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

The one thing I didn't think I'd be buying today, or ever if I'm honest, was an elite controller!

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone know of a reduced price location for cuphead ?

Is it worth the purchase.. Heard it's seriously frustrating

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/cuphead-xbox-one-pc

Though you'll only be saving €2-€3.

pcadhain wrote: »

Following the advice from others here, I first went to the self service kiosk which upon entering the reservation number, told me to go to the till.

I went to the till, gave the code and the lady said Xbox elite controller 159. I said it was part of an offer with another game and she said oh yeah I see that now, I then said it should be €119.99. She said yeah that's right and processes the transaction. There appeared to be a little confusion but that was my experience.

I've attached an image of my e-receipt which may come in handy if you have issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Following the advice from others here, I first went to the self service kiosk which upon entering the reservation number, told me to go to the till.

I went to the till, gave the code and the lady said Xbox elite controller 159. I said it was part of an offer with another game and she said oh yeah I see that now, I then said it should be €119.99. She said yeah that's right and processes the transaction. There appeared to be a little confusion but that was my experience.

I've attached an image of my e-receipt which may come in handy if you have issues.

Went to Argos today and the offer is still coming up at 119 for the game and elite controller

No question's asked other than my reservation number and 119 payment.

The girl at your till must have been a stunner as you probably didn't need that conversation at all :D

I'm joking BTW. It's a fantastic offer. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I really don't need another elite controller, but at that price....

I'm looking to buy the 4TB harddrive for Xbox One on Amazon.

I haven't used Amazon in well over a year though and just wondering do they still use the courier company that was losing loads of packages?

Don't really want a package worth E130 going missing.

Thanks

I haven't used Amazon in well over a year though and just wondering do they still use the courier company that was losing loads of packages?

Thanks

I never had a parcel go missing a such. It went kinda missing for a few weeks and eventually showed up at my door. Maybe other people weren't so lucky.

Anyone know if I can return a Argos item to another Argos store. I bought a faulty Elite controller but my nearest store is out of stock so I was just wondering if I went to another store which has stock will they exchange it for one they have in stock?

Thanks

They usually courier stuff over £100,even on the free shipping option.

Amazon France on the otherhand... They gave me a DHL tracking number for my €250 Destiny 2 CE, then still sent it untracked via Ascendia :pac:. Needless to say I had to get a refund 4 weeks later and re buy it from Game for a reduced price of £170.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks

An Post have delivered all my Amazon packages for the last few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

They usually courier stuff over £100,even on the free shipping option.

Amazon France on the otherhand... They gave me a DHL tracking number for my €250 Destiny 2 CE, then still sent it untracked via Ascendia :pac:. Needless to say I had to get a refund 4 weeks later and re buy it from Game for a reduced price of £170.

Did you use ParcelMotel or ParcelWizard or AddressPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know if I can return a Argos item to another Argos store. I bought a faulty Elite controller but my nearest store is out of stock so I was just wondering if I went to another store which has stock will they exchange it for one they have in stock?

So you changed your mind about keeping it? :) dead right!

You can return it to any store. It's on their returns policy online

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    So you changed your mind about keeping it? :) dead right!

You can return it to any store. It's on their returns policy online

Cheers for letting me know.

I might some time tomorrow if I have time call into another Argos store and exchange it. It is priced as a premium product so shouldn't really have passed QC, so with that in mind I said I will exchange it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement