Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    My gf got that deal in Gamestop, thing is when she got home the tape on the bottom of the box was already sliced, like it was opened, do I go back and ask for a new one, in case the codes are used or someone done a swap with their xbox?

Play safe and take it back

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ForzaHorizon4

Xbox one S 1TB
    Extra controller
    Forza 7
    Assassins creed Origins
    Rainbow 6 Siege
    COD WW2

€299

If I was to buy this deal and trade the console and extra controller towards the One X could I also trade my One S I have at home towards It?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xbox one S 1TB
    Extra controller
    Forza 7
    Assassins creed Origins
    Rainbow 6 Siege
    COD WW2

€299

If I was to buy this deal and trade the console and extra controller towards the One X could I also trade my One S I have at home towards It?

Yes you could. I think you get €150+ 50% for the 1TB.

If you have two 1TB One S then you'll get around €450 trade against the X.

So to get an X, extra controller, Forza, R6S, COD, and ACO it'd cost you €350.

Sorry I can't reply as I'm a new user but does the 5% bonus apply on top of the 50 For Gamestop Plus? And do you know how much controllers trade in for?

Sorry I can't reply as I'm a new user but does the 5% bonus apply on top of the 50 For Gamestop Plus? And do you know how much controllers trade in for?

I'd assume the 5% extra would. Not sure about the controller but probably between €15-€20?

• Advertisement

No point trading it in then it's €33 in cex, I'm assuming it's the new 3.5mm one that comes with it. I doubt you would know but are all shops out of stock on the One X until the 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

No point trading it in then it's €33 in cex, I'm assuming it's the new 3.5mm one that comes with it. I doubt you would know but are all shops out of stock on the One X until the 20th?

If you haven't pre ordered in GameStop or smyths then you won't get one till then. You could try Teaco's on release day. That's were I got my Xbox One in 2013 after the sausages in Smyths gave my preorder to someone else.

Harvey Norman are advertising Xbox one x for €499 with forza
    €25 cheaper than GameStop
    Pre order available on the website, might be worth a look

OmegaGene wrote: »

Harvey Norman are advertising Xbox one x for €499 with forza
    €25 cheaper than GameStop
    Pre order available on the website, might be worth a look
    Yeah but I'm trying to take advantage of the deal and bonus trade in in Gamestop.

Yeah but I'm trying to take advantage of the deal and bonus trade in in Gamestop.

GameStop sold out until the 20th afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Any idea how much trade in is being offered for Xbox one 500gb?

Do anyone know when the 50% bonus trade in ends on the One X and if the trade in values will decrease after launch on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Do anyone know when the 50% bonus trade in ends on the One X and if the trade in values will decrease after launch on Tuesday?

I rang the Galway shop yesterday. He said tomorrow is the final day of it.

A mate got 1tb one S, Assassin's Creed, Forza, Rainbow Seige, WW2 and two controllers for 299 in Gamestop.
    And a 1 month gamepass to top it off.
    Thats pritty savage.

Great deal alright, posted here yesterday (post 6888)and I posted on the regular bargain alerts too, can’t go wrong at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Jimdagym wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/posts/10159367586905062

Xbox one S 1Terra
    Extra controller
    Forza 7
    Assassins creed Origins
    Rainbow 6 Siege
    COD WW2

All for €299!!!
    Exceptional value.
    Does anyone know if the 50% bonus trade in on an old console applies to this offer also, or is it only against the X?

Have a 500gb One S but might trade against this for the extra storage and games.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Jimdagym wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/posts/10159367586905062

Xbox one S 1Terra
    Extra controller
    Forza 7
    Assassins creed Origins
    Rainbow 6 Siege
    COD WW2

All for €299!!!
    Exceptional value.
    Does anyone know if the 50% bonus trade in on an old console applies to this offer also, or is it only against the X?

Have a 500gb One S but might trade against this for the extra storage and games.

Faker74 wrote: »

Just the X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

A mate got 1tb one S, Assassin's Creed, Forza, Rainbow Seige, WW2 and two controllers for 299 in Gamestop.
    And a 1 month gamepass to top it off.
    Thats pritty savage.

bought this myself, had been thinking about getting fifa on the xbox but ended up just getting it for my PS as I got a sweet deal on one.

couldn't turn this down though, looking forward to COD going back to WWII, always like the assassins creed games and this one looks to have gotten good reviews, I like rainbow six and ill either trade forza in depending what they offer or just keep it and mess around on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SeanHarty wrote: »
    bought this myself, had been thinking about getting fifa on the xbox but ended up just getting it for my PS as I got a sweet deal on one.

couldn't turn this down though, looking forward to COD going back to WWII, always like the assassins creed games and this one looks to have gotten good reviews, I like rainbow six and ill either trade forza in depending what they offer or just keep it and mess around on it.

Trade on Forza in GS is €50 until tomorrow. Can get upto €75 using the 50% trade boost for preordering a game from the offer list in store.

Trade on Forza in GS is €50 until tomorrow. Can get upto €75 using the 50% trade boost for preordering a game from the offer list in store.

ah sh1te I would have done that but I don't expect delivery until tomorrow :(

thanks for the heads up though mate, I appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Just collected my Xbox one X and forza 7 DD from Harvey Norman €499
    1 Day Early!!!!! Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice one :D

I can't believe the value of getting a game bundled for 500 notes!
    Fair play to HN for once :pac:

I mean this in the most sincere way possible.... Go f**k yourself :pac: well done though, now you can stick up a few pictures when your all set up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Excellent, that's as jammy as it gets, fairplay to you sir and please post a picture if you get a chance.

just got this in the post, assassins creed and rainbow six are both download codes no disc, also the packaging had been opened as they have a second sticker over the original which had been cut, everything looks to be in order in the box so it looks as if they removed the games and replaced them with the download codes which is a little sneaky.

just got this in the post, assassins creed and rainbow six are both download codes no disc, also the packaging had been opened as they have a second sticker over the original which had been cut, everything looks to be in order in the box so it looks as if they removed the games and replaced them with the download codes which is a little sneaky.

Xbox bundled games from Microsoft are always codes.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Xbox bundled games from Microsoft are always codes.

ah ok.... now I'm even more worried, would mind the games so much but the fact that its been opened now has me worried about the console itself, ill open it properly later when I'm home and we very careful to check for any signs the console has been touched.

ah ok.... now I'm even more worried, would mind the games so much but the fact that its been opened now has me worried about the console itself, ill open it properly later when I'm home and we very careful to check for any signs the console has been touched.

It was a standard console, Microsoft made it a bundle, broke the seal, popped in the codes, resealed the box and put the slide over the box to show the bundle contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

All bundles I have ever bought have been opened and resealed.

I have bought around 20 in the 3 months.

The reason is they take standard consoles, open them to put in the codes and then put a sleeve onto it of the game they have added. Making it a bundle.

Thats why you will find the AC sleeve displayed outside comes off completely revealing a standard Xbox One S box.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It was a standard console, Microsoft made it a bundle, broke the seal, popped in the codes, resealed the box and put the slide over the box to show the bundle contents.

You sure that's how it works? My Forza one was sealed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement