Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

dan786 wrote: »
    All bundles I have ever bought have been opened and resealed.

I have bought around 20 in the 3 months.

The reason is they take standard consoles, open them to put in the codes and then put a sleeve onto it of the game they have added. Making it a bundle.

Thats why you will find the AC sleeve displayed outside comes off completely revealing a standard Xbox One S box.

ah ok that's grand so thanks for that lads

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You sure that's how it works? My Forza one was sealed.

Was it sealed or had they popped off the seal on yours and put a new seal over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just throwing this out there but Ive a code for Forza 7 if anyone wants to swap for a code for Shadow of War? Or assassins creed origins?

Not interested in anything else really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

amadablam wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there but Ive a code for Forza 7 if anyone wants to swap for a code for Shadow of War? Or assassins creed origins?

There’s a game swap thread: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055517897/95/#post105035154

People might have alerts set up for posts in it so it may give you more chance of a swap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

amadablam wrote: »

Would you be interested in Rainbow Six Siege Code, 1 month Xbox Game Pass and 1 month EA access code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Would you be interested in Rainbow Six Siege Code, 1 month Xbox Game Pass and 1 month EA access code?

Sorry I only saw this now. I've actually got all of those currently. Thanks for the offer though. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Would it be considered a bargain for the following:

€310

Xbox One S 1TB Console
    Assassin's Creed Origins (Digital Code)
    Dishonored 2 (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Doom (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Fallout 4 (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Fifa 18 (Boxed)
    Forza Motorsport 7 - Standard Edition (Boxed)
    Dishonored 2 - Limited Edition (Boxed)
    Doom (Boxed)
    Fallout 4 - with Fallout 3 (Boxed)
    Dishonored 2 (Boxed)

Some games are repeated, but they appeared to be on offer when combined with the console (like €6~ each), so thought they may be useful for reselling to recoup some costs.
    I can see that CEX would offer at a minimum 130 cash for all the games (if all are Boxed, and excluding Assassin's Creed since I think the purpose would be to keep that game), so that would knock the price down to 180.
    Could probably get more selling privately, but just going with minimum guaranteed prices from CEX.

Or is it worth the hassle at all of upgrading from Xbox One to Xbox One S? (I have a old TV, not even 1080p, so I don't know would I get much out of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.xboxintergalacticprizedraw.com/

enter some details(could be fake ones) on there and there's a good chance you'll get a code for a 1month ea access trial.(or even a full copy of BF2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wexdevil wrote: »

enter some details(could be fake ones) on there and there's a good chance you'll get a code for a 1month ea access trial.(or even a full copy of BF2)

Is that legit? Looks a bit like a data grab.

It looks very suspicious, why wouldn't they run it off an Xbox website.

Is that legit? Looks a bit like a data grab.

It looks very suspicious, why wouldn't they run it off an Xbox website.

I saw it on the xbox uk twitter

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/928260838888296448

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ah yes. I see it now. It looked odd without its originating page :)

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/star-wars-battlefront-II#sweepstakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

SeanHarty wrote: »
    just got this in the post, assassins creed and rainbow six are both download codes no disc, also the packaging had been opened as they have a second sticker over the original which had been cut, everything looks to be in order in the box so it looks as if they removed the games and replaced them with the download codes which is a little sneaky.

Mine was also cut, the two at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Mine was also cut, the two at the bottom.

All those pack in games are download codes afaik. As in - if the box of the console has the game art on it (or its a sleeve around the console) then its a digital download.

The only time I've seen people get physical games is if its a bundle that the store itself has put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Who has this offer?

Sorry for late reply, I got it in gamestop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Barti wrote: »
    Would it be considered a bargain for the following:

€310

Xbox One S 1TB Console
    Assassin's Creed Origins (Digital Code)
    Dishonored 2 (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Doom (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Fallout 4 (Digital Code, possibly Boxed, not certain)
    Fifa 18 (Boxed)
    Forza Motorsport 7 - Standard Edition (Boxed)
    Dishonored 2 - Limited Edition (Boxed)
    Doom (Boxed)
    Fallout 4 - with Fallout 3 (Boxed)
    Dishonored 2 (Boxed)

Some games are repeated, but they appeared to be on offer when combined with the console (like €6~ each), so thought they may be useful for reselling to recoup some costs.
    I can see that CEX would offer at a minimum 130 cash for all the games (if all are Boxed, and excluding Assassin's Creed since I think the purpose would be to keep that game), so that would knock the price down to 180.
    Could probably get more selling privately, but just going with minimum guaranteed prices from CEX.

Or is it worth the hassle at all of upgrading from Xbox One to Xbox One S? (I have a old TV, not even 1080p, so I don't know would I get much out of it).

where did you get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

FutureGuy wrote: »
    where did you get this?

Website in the UK, and the price included delivery. Seems to be sold out now though, was available when I commented before. The site is https://www.shopto.net and is available through their bundles options.
    Specifically this bundle: Bundle Offer - Xbox One S 1TB Assassin's Creed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

I've mine up for €40.

I've mine up for €40.

Is that for a digital code ?

Is that for a digital code ?

Gone.

• Advertisement

Gone.

I was asking if it was a code because some people prefer is for game sharing rather than an actual hard copy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I have a AC Origins Code for 40 if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

wexdevil wrote: »

Waheyy! I'm a winner, thanks OP! Note that you need a valid email address to collect the prize should you win.
    Congratulations! You have been selected as a Daily Second Prize winner of the Microsoft Xbox Intergalactic Prize Draw sponsored by Microsoft Limited.

Specifically, you have won one (1) 1-month EA Access token for Xbox One. The approximate retail value of your prize is £3.99 (incl VAT).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Waheyy! I'm a winner, thanks OP! Note that you need a valid email address to collect the prize should you win.
    Congratulations! You have been selected as a Daily Second Prize winner of the Microsoft Xbox Intergalactic Prize Draw sponsored by Microsoft Limited.

Specifically, you have won one (1) 1-month EA Access token for Xbox One. The approximate retail value of your prize is £3.99 (incl VAT).

I just win exactly the same thing.
    Thanks OP

I was asking if it was a code because some people prefer is for game sharing rather than an actual hard copy

I have a boxed copy.

SuperS54 wrote: »

Look what I just got XD and i only downloaded the ea access trial today https://i.imgur.com/n5iJ68j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That seemed to be a very generous giveaway. Few here won so if you average that out I'd say most who entered their details won stuff. I never bothered entering as I said I probably wouldn't win anything.

Xbox one x Scorpio edition £449 and you can bundle in some games that work out reasonably priced
    Might need to use a parcel forwarding company like parcel motel or parcel wizard

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1HW207-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-1tb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Xbox one x Scorpio edition £449 and you can bundle in some games that work out reasonably priced
    Might need to use a parcel forwarding company like parcel motel or parcel wizard

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1HW207-xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-1tb

And people still trying to charge €700 on adverts lol.

• Advertisement

Tilikum wrote: »
    And people still trying to charge €700 on adverts lol.

One fella wants €900
    Guess they thought it was easy money, hopefully they get stuck with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement