Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah if you're interested in siege, €13 is a great price. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Worth mentioning that Rainbow Six: Siege is free to play on all platforms this weekend if you want to try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pcadhain wrote: »
    Worth mentioning that Rainbow Six: Siege is free to play on all platforms this weekend if you want to try before you buy.

On that note; Seige is a hard game, but If you stick with it, its one of the most rewarding games you can play. I'll hopefully get time to play a few rounds over the course of the weekend, so don't be shy about sending a party invite or just joining in - the game is 100 times better when you have a full team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

On that note; Seige is a hard game, but If you stick with it, its one of the most rewarding games you can play. I'll hopefully get time to play a few rounds over the course of the weekend, so don't be shy about sending a party invite or just joining in - the game is 100 times better when you have a full team.

What's the single player story mode like?

There is no story as such, there are single player "situations" which are basically made to help you learn the characters and their strengths and the maps.

It's primarily an online team FPS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Ill add you there so if that's ok, might give it a whirl over the weekend then, as long as you don't mind having a noob, played his games before but not this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

maximoose wrote: »
    There is no story as such, there are single player "situations" which are basically made to help you learn the characters and their strengths and the maps.

It's primarily an online team FPS

Ah.....not for me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

budhabob wrote: »
    Ah.....not for me so.

Nor me. The last couple of games I've looked at recently seem to be mainly online based, which doesn't really interest me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

BDJW wrote: »
    Nor me. The last couple of games I've looked at recently seem to be mainly online based, which doesn't really interest me

Same, im a loner gamer. I started a thread on here and got a good few single player game recommendations, slowly working my way through.

Currently looking for a good trade in deal for the one X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Will they be as cheap as €13 though
    Codes on adverts are €40 for forza for example

I've a RB6 key if you want it for €13 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I put this in the Game Swap thread, and now I'll put it here too. You want to sell your game, then take it to adverts.ie or any number of websites that cater for that.

Any post that's selling/buying will be deleted/edited from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argos: Xbox One S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and Hot Wheels Exp, and Stars Wars Battlefront 2 - €229.99

Could be a misprint.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/37328270/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7Ccat_14419738%7CXbox+One%7C37328270.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Argos: Xbox One S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and Hot Wheels Exp, and Stars Wars Battlefront 2 - €229.99

Could be a misprint.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/37328270/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7Ccat_14419738%7CXbox+One%7C37328270.htm

€299 when you go into it.

*Edit* Maybe it goes down when you add Battlefront 2 but it's not anywhere on the site. Would seem weird to be a misprint if they put it on the ad. Maybe it's just gone up early or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Battlefront is not out until Friday, so you should be able to bundle it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

hellboy99 wrote: »

Could be a misprint.

Looks to have gone up early, its also on their front page as part of their Black Friday deals which they're running for a week or so I think

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

It looks like the best bundle on xbox one s so far was, in Smiths(249€ Lots of bundle options to choose from) too bad I missed that,

Do you think we are going to get similar deal on black friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

see gamestop have a new deal; two xbox one games plus 9.99 for a new controller.
    Be great if its any two but I can't get into their site in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

sweetie wrote: »
    see gamestop have a new deal; two xbox one games plus 9.99 for a new controller.

You have a link for this, can't see it on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

You have a link for this, can't see it on their site?

Nothing on the site for me either

The internet isn’t for everyone

Nothing on the site, it's on their FB

"Have any spare Xbox One games laying around? Trade any two in and get an official Xbox One Controller for only €9.99!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sweetie wrote: »

It is any two apparently, overheard a store assistant explaining this on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It is any two apparently, overheard a store assistant explaining this on Tuesday.

Thats great. I need a new controller and have a few games I could get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I have Wolfenstein 1 and destiny 1 here collecting dust, I have my doubts I will get the deal with these two haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I posted on their facebook and they just replied saying:

"
    Any games ? Or is there a list of acceptable games?

GameStop Ireland
    GameStop Ireland Any games Gary, no multiples."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GBX wrote: »
    I posted on their facebook and they just replied saying:

"
    Any games ? Or is there a list of acceptable games?

GameStop Ireland
    GameStop Ireland Any games Gary, no multiples."

Go buy FIFA 15 on PS4 and Xbox in CEX for €3 and walk into GameStop and buy a new controller for €10. €13 all in for a new controller isn't bad :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Go buy FIFA 15 on PS4 and Xbox in CEX for €3 and walk into GameStop and buy a new controller for €10. €13 all in for a new controller isn't bad :pac:

Then sell it back to cex for €33 and be a score to the good :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

marcbrophy wrote: »

That's what I'm thinking with my two games, never traded in a controller to them do they need the box?

Hococop wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking with my two games, never traded in a controller to them do they need the box?

Not certain, but you could use the box you get from GS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

marcbrophy wrote: »

rinse and repeat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seems a bit odd to me. What's to stop you just buying crap like old FIFA or Battleborn for a couple of euro? There must be something in it for Gamestop?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement