Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

SeanHarty wrote:
    rinse and repeat?

Real life farming!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Seems a bit odd to me. What's to stop you just buying crap like old FIFA or Battleborn for a couple of euro? There must be something in it for Gamestop?

Loss leader but like the trade in bonus for the Xbox one s and Xbox one X

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Are GameStop struggling in revenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Real life farming!

I've been wanting to buy fifa points for a while but just cant justify them because the value for money is disgusting, might do this once or twice and see what happens then buy fifa points with the money :pac:

has to be something stopping this though, lots of gamestops and cex shops in the same shopping centers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is it just Xbox one games yeah? Might pick up a controller for my PC and have a few old PS4 fifas and maddens laying around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

sweetie wrote: »
    see gamestop have a new deal; two xbox one games plus 9.99 for a new controller.
    Be great if its any two but I can't get into their site in work.
    Is it just Xbox one games yeah? Might pick up a controller for my PC and have a few old PS4 fifas and maddens laying around.

Looks like Xbox One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Loss leader but like the trade in bonus for the Xbox one s and Xbox one X

I understand those, because the deal meant you were trading against the new expensive Xbox One X from them, and likely a game as well if not two.

Whereas this.....you can trade in two games worth €5 that Gamestop will probably never be able to resell and get a brand new controller for €10. Just seems odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I understand those, because the deal meant you were trading against the new expensive Xbox One X from them, and likely a game as well if not two.

Whereas this.....you can trade in two games worth €5 that Gamestop will probably never be able to resell and get a brand new controller for €10. Just seems odd to me.

They hope you'd pick up a game at the same time. FIFA and a controller at €70 sounds great. (not to me obviously)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, it's a bit hard to understand. Perhaps they've just found a couple of million controllers down the back of the couch, and want to shift the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit hard to understand. Perhaps they've just found a couple of million controllers down the back of the couch, and want to shift the stock?

have we any link to this deal? I've a drawer full of old games that I'd happily turn into a few controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

have we any link to this deal? I've a drawer full of old games that I'd happily turn into a few controllers.

This is on their facebook page:

Have any spare Xbox One games laying around? Trade any two in and get an official Xbox One Controller for only €9.99!
    23519358_10159420839870062_7240198319943956799_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=e4b605be0e5bed9a708a1c4e154290b6&oe=5A62B9DE

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They hope you'd pick up a game at the same time. FIFA and a controller at €70 sounds great. (not to me obviously)

Exactly what I was saying by loss leader

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I rang my local gamestop and i was told the games had to be a certain value...... but they couldnt tell me what value.

They also said they wouldnt take fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I rang my local gamestop and i was told the games had to be a certain value...... but they couldnt tell me what value.

Which store?

Send GameStop a tweet or Facebook message and show the local store the reply
    The individual stores can make up their own rules half the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

This is the reply I got earlier when I asked on the main facbook page:

GameStop Ireland
    GameStop Ireland Any games Gary, no multiples."

Thanks I've sent them a message and I saw your post on the fb page.

I think ill drop in to cex then gamestop on the way home from work.

I'm pretty new to xbox so I dont have any games to trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

GBX wrote: »
    This is the reply I got earlier when I asked on the main facbook page:

GameStop Ireland
    GameStop Ireland Any games Gary, no multiples."

Doesn't matter what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got an email about the deal, its any 2 XBOX games not any 2 games

See attached from email

• Advertisement

Anyone who got the controller is it just the white one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Anyone know the story with 50% trade in bonus? Will they accept a std Xbox one 500gb traded in against the one X, and what way does it work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

yeah , They'll give (i think) €96 plus 50% , so €144

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

budhabob wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with 50% trade in bonus? Will they accept a std Xbox one 500gb traded in against the one X, and what way does it work out?
    looking at this and was getting €130 for a XB1 trade in for the One X including the 50% trade up bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

BrookieD wrote: »
    looking at this and was getting €130 for a XB1 trade in for the One X including the 50% trade up bonus

Hmm....so still looking at 370 for the new console. Will have to discuss with the bank account and see if it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone who got the controller is it just the white one?

No I got a black one at lunch time with two games I had bought for 6 euro in CEX next door. (Both FIFA!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

No I got a black one at lunch time with two games I had bought for 6 euro in CEX next door. (Both FIFA!)

what store?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

On trade ins for controllers, not taking fifa 14 or 15 but are accepting battle born. Fifa 16 also only costs 1 euro preowned apparently so spent 9 on games and 20 for two controllers in black. Happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I was just told the games had to be at least 10

Definitely not true, show them the facebook posts from above and tell them to try and scan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement