Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

hots wrote: »
    Definitely not true, show them the facebook posts from above and tell them to try and scan.

I did and they said they don't care what the ad says

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Did anybody with a level 3 gamestop+ card going for this trade in deal for a controller chance asking for the free 3 month xbox live when buying a controller, it is part of the november offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Seems a bit odd to me. What's to stop you just buying crap like old FIFA or Battleborn for a couple of euro? There must be something in it for Gamestop?

This is the third deal in as many months so apart from the occasional member of staff not being clued in it's surely getting them some good press.

That and they're selling stuff to people who don't really need it. Technically good business... If they're making any profit. :pac:

I'm sure you'll get people not arsed going to cex and buying two games in Gamestop and trading then straight back.

Microsoft appear to be some sort of scrappage scheme with then which will boost sales of the newer consoles.

Either way some serious cooking the books!

Sniper ghost warrior 3 season pass edition 19.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6348120.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid:30390|prd:8088783

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I did and they said they don't care what the ad says

You should get onto customer devices via twitter or Facebook
    Mention the store location, the name of the person and what the person said to you about the offer

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Xbox offers are starting to appear. Some great ones already. Wolfenstein II half price, prey for 15. Tons more and updating now.

https://www.storeparser.com/en-GB/xbox-one/price-changes/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

pcadhain wrote: »
    Xbox offers are starting to appear. Some great ones already. Wolfenstein II half price, prey for 15. Tons more and updating now.

https://www.storeparser.com/en-GB/xbox-one/price-changes/

Prey showing as 20 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone who got the controller is it just the white one?

A buddy got the military green one and a shadow red one on Cork store with two games from CEX that he paid 6. 50 for.

Yet again, no consistency with the gamestop offers or with the staff knowing what the Terms and Conditions are.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

mcgovern wrote: »
    Prey showing as 20 for me

I went to Canada. Worked out at just over 16. Excuse the quick math on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Gonna head to cex tomo and see what games to get.
    What's the cheapest games to be on the look out for?
    Need to get a new controller:p

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

I got the Minecraft controller after buying 2 games in Gamestop and trading them in for controller straight away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

any idea how long this is running for? wont get a chance to have a look till maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Ok im seriously annoyed now the two shops I spoke to wouldn't give me the deal.

I posted on they're fb page that the post was false advertising as the shops wont give me the deal

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok im seriously annoyed now the two shops I spoke to wouldn't give me the deal.

I posted on they're fb page that the post was false advertising as the shops wont give me the deal

This is the One S trade in deal all over again with the different shops being all over the place on the details.

In other news there's some decent Xbox One S bundles on amazon for £199.99.

Works out at about €225 if you use revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone seen if SuperValu are doing Battlefront II on the cheap?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is the One S trade in deal all over again with the different shops being all over the place on the details.

The funny thing is I went to the same shop that I got the One S deal in and that time the same guys couldn't have been more helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »

Some of those X Box S bundles look insane. Two new games and the console, fupping hell!!!! Even as a Sony fanboy, I'm tempted. I've always resisted on the basis I'd just have to give up on real life.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some of those X Box S bundles look insane. Two new games and the console, fupping hell!!!! Even as a Sony fanboy, I'm tempted. I've always resisted on the basis I'd just have to give up on real life.

I bought the console deal from gamestop recently.

Came with:
    Xbox 1 S 1TB Console
    Extra Controller
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Rainbow Six Seige
    Forza 7
    COD:WWI

Have to say I'm pretty happy with it.

PlayStation is more user friendly in terms for the Main HUD but its a pretty decent machine all the same, defiantly worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »

I think pricing is getting to a stage where having a second console is easily affordable.

You'll have a 4K Blueray player as well in the S if that's something you didn't consider in your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Yep, especially when you can get a base model of each for around the same price as a premium version give or take 100 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

overwatch is 31.99 in argos if anyone on the lookout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

rahern wrote: »
    I got the Minecraft controller after buying 2 games in Gamestop and trading them in for controller straight away

which games. Have titanfall 1, rare collection and watchdogs 1 to try with today. Is battleborn accepted?

sweetie wrote: »
    which games. Have titanfall 1, rare collection and watchdogs 1 to try with today. Is battleborn accepted?

seen someone say battleborn was taken from them.

a lot of people seem to be having trouble in certain stores though, go armed with the facebook post.

lets me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Went in to Kilkenny said the deal was over but got them to scan there barcode and sorted...worked...destiny is also another that is accepted...managed to pick up pig and green minecraft and the gears of war controllers.

I've been talking to gamestop on fb and they have said the only condition is that the games have a trade in value.

I've asked for a list of eligible games so I'll update when they get back to me.

If anyone wants to sell on a controller they got for €20 let me know :p I was hoping to get a coloured controlled but its not looking likely with my local shops

johnf26 wrote: »
    Went in to Kilkenny said the deal was over but got them to scan there barcode and sorted...worked...destiny is also another that is accepted...managed to pick up pig and green minecraft and the gears of war controllers.

The controller deal is over already? :?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

amadablam wrote: »
    The controller deal is over already? :?

Nono its still on

Gamestop have come back to me and said there is no list of games that have a trade in value so they said just ring the shop and they can tell you the value of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gamestop have come back to me and said there is no list of games that have a trade in value so they said just ring the shop and they can tell you the value of the games.

I feel like the staff do whatever they want and charge whatever, Naas offered me pittence for Forza 7 sealed, Tallaght offered me €45.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I feel like the staff do whatever they want and charge whatever, Naas offered me pittence for Forza 7 sealed, Tallaght offered me €45.

that cash or trade in value, also when did ya trade it in? have forza myself looking to get rid

• Advertisement

To clear up any confusion;

I just went in and the guy told me that as long as they have any value when scanned, you can trade them until the 26th. This is the store manager.

His own words "crazy deal"

I took the minecraft creeper one and another for 10 each.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement