Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

amadablam wrote: »
    To clear up any confusion;

I just went in and the guy told me that as long as they have any value when scanned, you can trade them until the 26th. This is the store manager.

His own words "crazy deal"

I took the minecraft creeper one and another for 10 each.

What shop was this is?

I really want that pig controller lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    What shop was this is?

I really want that pig controller lol

Limerick store.

Loads of the piggy ones left too :p

The creeper is more popular., apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone try doing it in the Limerick stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Was in Gamestop in the Square, Tallaght about an hour ago. Shop really busy but staff extremely helpful. They told me the deal was still on.

Popped upstairs to CEX, bought 4 games @ € 5.00 each - back down to Gamestop. Got two Minecraft controllers (one pink, one green) - valued at € 90.00 each - Cost me € 20 each.

Happy Days !!!!!

Limerick store.

Loads of the piggy ones left too :p

The creeper is more popular., apparently

Bit of a drive from Dublin:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

new controllers on adverts now for €45
    that didnt take long lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

SeanHarty wrote: »
    that cash or trade in value, also when did ya trade it in? have forza myself looking to get rid

Naas were scum so walked out and went to Tallaght as I'd other stuff to get, it was last week and it was actually €40 cash or €50 credit.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    new controllers on adverts now for €45
    that didnt take long lol

I saw a guy buying 6....its unlimited at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

The Dench wrote: »
    Was in Gamestop in the Square, Tallaght about an hour ago. Shop really busy but staff extremely helpful. They told me the deal was still on.

Popped upstairs to CEX, bought 4 games @ € 5.00 each - back down to Gamestop. Got two Minecraft controllers (one pink, one green) - valued at € 90.00 each - Cost me € 20 each.

Happy Days !!!!!

damn I'm so close to tallaght but wont get there till tomorrow at the earliest so id say they'll be cleaned out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hococop wrote: »
    Anyone try doing it in the Limerick stores?

Myself and ibFoxer managed to get the controllers in the Crescent, Limerick yesterday evening.

They games used were fifa 16 and battleborn. Fifa 15 will not be accepted!!

She had told someone prior to us arriving that the deal wasn't on, if you're reading this she said she's sorry :P she only got it working for us as we had a copy of a receipt from stone who nabbed one in mallow.

• Advertisement

Myself and ibFoxer managed to get the controllers in the Crescent, Limerick yesterday evening.

They games used were fifa 16 and battleborn. Fifa 15 will not be accepted!!

She had told someone prior to us arriving that the deal wasn't on, if you're reading this she said she's sorry :P she only got it working for us as we had a copy of a receipt from stone who nabbed one in mallow.

Was just there, got the deal but only on the white or black controllers, they were no longer including the Minecraft or unique ones, said people bought them and we're trading them in (I'm looking at you haha) still a fantastic deal
    Traded in, destiny, Wolfenstein, ac unity and shadow of Mordor

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

GameStop need to put a disclaimer on their ads from now on.

*only available from participating stores shop assistants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wolfenstein The New Collosus down to €35 there ATM in the Store. Origins is €49

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Was just there, got the deal but only on the white or black controllers, they were no longer including the Minecraft or unique ones, said people bought them and we're trading them in (I'm looking at you haha) still a fantastic deal

how much trade in is it for the minecraft? Would love to get wolfesnstein instead of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

As far as I'm aware, you can still but the unique controllers with the deal, only you have to pay maybe €20-25 instead of €10. At least that's what we were told last night in the Crescent.

As far as I'm aware, you can still but the unique controllers with the deal, only you have to pay maybe €20-25 instead of €10. At least that's what we were told last night in the Crescent.

Ah right happy enough with the 2 white one I got, might trade in my black one to cex and leave those 2 as back ups

Ah they saw ye coming :D only messing.

Got another minecraft one for the nephew and a recon tech for myself and both were 9.99 each

He actually brought me up one of each and had loads of the shadow red ones.

No consistency with them I guess. Although the lads in William street in limerick are extremely helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Ah they saw ye coming :D only messing.

Got another minecraft one for the nephew and a recon tech for myself and both were 9.99 each

He actually brought me up one of each and had loads of the shadow red ones.

No consistency with them I guess. Although the lads in William street in limerick are extremely helpful.

to be fair that recon tech one is tasty.... would love one.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    to be fair that recon tech one is tasty.... would love one.

Nice rubberised grips on it and it's pretty tastefully done. The had them in both colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Can anyone explain me this deal lads? I see posts about it, but I dont get it how it works and what you get?

Trade in some games for controllers or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Trade in 2 Xbox games and get an xbox controller for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Can anyone explain me this deal lads? I see posts about it, but I dont get it how it works and what you get?

Trade in some games for controllers or something?

Trade in 2 games and get a controller for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wolfenstein The New Collosus down to €35 there ATM in the Store. Origins is €49

Not reduced in Henry st store

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sweetie wrote: »
    Not reduced in Henry st store

He means on the Microsoft Store I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Was in Dundalk so popped into cex and they didnt have any cheap games left ,cheapest was €8 each so bought 2 for €16 .
    Games were destiny and battlefront.
    Went to gamestop got the grey and green controller for €10
    Picked up FIFA 16 there for €1
    Have destiny at home so gonna go trade them in tomo and hopefully they take FIFA 16
    So €26 for a new controller,not bad

Got sorted :)

I rang and was told the games counted for the deal so I went to cex and bought fifa 16 (x2) destiny and battle( something) for €21

I really dont need 3 controllers but I couldn't choose between these two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Similar to above, cheapest games in Cex were €8, bought Destiny and PES 2016. Traded them in and got this for €9.99 Delighted and works perfect with my gaming laptop over bluetooth, much more seamless than the DS4.

5Es62ATm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Thanks OP. Picked up a standard one today.

I think they must have developed time travel. Buying our 'junk' for pittance then going back in time and selling it at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone try navan store?
    Father rang for my brother and was told that offer was 2 weeks ago even tho I only received the email the day before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

honda boi wrote: »
    Was in Dundalk so popped into cex and they didnt have any cheap games left ,cheapest was €8 each so bought 2 for €16 .
    Games were destiny and battlefront.
    Went to gamestop got the grey and green controller for €10
    Picked up FIFA 16 there for €1
    Have destiny at home so gonna go trade them in tomo and hopefully they take FIFA 16
    So €26 for a new controller,not bad
    I tried fifa 15 this evening and they would not take it so picked up titanfall in store and traded it back and got both mine craft controllers for 4 games that were only valued at one euro each. Great deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement