Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Picked up last 2 in my local game stop. Both Minecraft ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone try navan store?
    Father rang for my brother and was told that offer was 2 weeks ago even tho I only received the email the day before

I'd say try them again as the person he spoke to might have had a bad accent as it's been on or is running for two weeks apparently and runs until the 24th or 26 th.

I found it hard to hear what he was saying as my hearing is crap when I've an armful of controllers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Your man in the crescent lied to me, granted not to bothered about the Minecraft controller but would have liked the grey one they had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hococop wrote: »
    Your man in the crescent lied to me, granted not to bothered about the Minecraft controller but would have liked the grey one they had

The lads in William street, Limerick, were brilliant.

Even told me that I should open any controllers that were Christmas presents and return it as they have a good stock of minecraft controllers at present and although the gamestop warranty is 30 days, it would be better to get the replacement while they had stock.

Pretty sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone try Charlestown in Dublin or the Waterford store? Trying to make an excuse to get out first thing in the morning before I go to Dublin to avail of the trades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

In fairness it seems most places except one store are honouring it. Some seem to be only allowing specific controllers allright but definitely worth doing I think.

On a side note, the price for the one I picked out was €79.99 on the shelf. Is that the actual price Gamestop are charging for those limited editions? Absolute madness!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In fairness it seems most places except one store are honouring it. Some seem to be only allowing specific controllers allright but definitely worth doing I think.

On a side note, the price for the one I picked out was €79.99 on the shelf. Is that the actual price Gamestop are charging for those limited editions? Absolute madness!

The communication between head office and the stores are absolutely shocking. I have gone in on several occasions to GS only for the staff to look at me as if I had two heads. The GS on William Street in Limerick is light-years ahead of every other store in the country.

amadablam wrote: »
    The lads in William street were brilliant.

Even told me that I should open any controllers that were Christmas presents and return it as they have a good stock of minecraft controllers at present and although the gamestop warranty is 30 days, it would be better to get the replacement while they had stock.

Pretty sound.

Actually I should add the guy serving me was an absolute gentleman, chatted away for a while and told me all the deals they had without any pressure in selling them, also gave me a card with trade in stamps to get a 20 Euro voucher, can't knock them, I'm guessing his boss told him to stop selling the expensive ones or he wanted the last one or two Minecraft ones on the shelf for himself ha,

I now own 2 white controllers, 2 black ones, a covert forces one( still in the box) and the elite controller which I only used less than 2 weeks ago and got it on battlefield 1's release date which must be a year now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Similar to above, cheapest games in Cex were €8, bought Destiny and PES 2016. Traded them in and got this for €9.99 Delighted and works perfect with my gaming laptop over bluetooth, much more seamless than the DS4.

5Es62ATm.jpg

That's a tasty looking controller to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Similar to above, cheapest games in Cex were €8, bought Destiny and PES 2016. Traded them in and got this for €9.99 Delighted and works perfect with my gaming laptop over bluetooth, much more seamless than the DS4.

5Es62ATm.jpg
    I soooo want that one!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argos: Xbox One S 500GB with Forza Horizon 3 and Hot Wheels Exp + pick one of the following games for free all for €229.99

Free game:

Star Wars Battlefront II
    Call Of Duty: WWII
    Destiny 2
    FIFA 18
    Forza 7

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6783761/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+DEALS+ON+SELECTED+XBOX+ONE+S+BUNDLE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

amadablam wrote: »
    The lads in William street, Limerick, were brilliant.

Pretty sound.

Was in there this morning and lads were sound. Picked up the minecraft and red shadow ones so couple of Xmas pressies sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Someone PMd me about a receipt for getting my one so it’s here if anyone is having bother getting the shadow controller

https://imgur.com/gallery/57NXG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hococop wrote: »
    Actually I should add the guy serving me was an absolute gentleman, chatted away for a while and told me all the deals they had without any pressure in selling them, also gave me a card with trade in stamps to get a 20 Euro voucher, can't knock them, I'm guessing his boss told him to stop selling the expensive ones or he wanted the last one or two Minecraft ones on the shelf for himself ha,

What is that?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is this the best value bundle at the moment? €299 at gamestop for:

Xbox One S 1TB
    2nd Controller
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Rainbow Siege
    Minecraft

+
    choose 1 from Star Wars battlefront 2, Call of Duty WWII, Fifa 18, or Destiny 2.

I know Black Friday is around the corner but the above offer ends soon and not sure if any of the black Friday sales would beat it?

Pretty much, can get Forza 7 with the bundle instead of Minecraft too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ubisoft have a discount on their store, it's ok, but you can buy an extra 20% discount code for 100 ubi points (earnt from playing ubi games).

Got a physical copy of Assassins creed Origins on xbox one for €39.99.

Looks like a decent offer alright. Extra controller would be 50-75 on it's own as would Assassin's Creed. The +1 games are all new too so another 70 give or take.

Even if they do better for black friday which I doubt as many places are already selling black friday deals, I'd not feel hard done by paying 299 for that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thanks for the heads up in the controller...picked up two games in Cex for 13euro and bought a Minecraft pig controller for 10...great deal..

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up in the controller...picked up two games in Cex for 13euro and bought a Minecraft pig controller for 10...great deal..

Did the same. €3.50 for Fifa 16, €10 for Halo 5. Cost me another €10 for the creeper pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lashes28 wrote: »

Has anyone got the deal in the Square in tallaght?

• Advertisement

Question with the trade in, have 2-3 games here I picked up when hmv closed up (dying light, Forza horizon 2 and cod ghosts) none have covers any chance they take them or would I need the cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

GBX wrote: »

That was Drogheda I got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

GBX wrote: »

Yeah a few did , no probs , post 7091

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Did the same. €3.50 for Fifa 16, €10 for Halo 5. Cost me another €10 for the creeper pad.

Would they not let you use two FIFA 16s?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

No duplicates

No dupes as mentioned, plus they only had one copy of Fifa 16 in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

When does the controller offer end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Dying light the following enhanced edition, is that the normal dying light game or is it a different version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Dying light the following enhanced edition, is that the normal dying light game or is it a different version ?

It Dying Light with all the DLC, including The Following which is almost a new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Pretty much, can get Forza 7 with the bundle instead of Minecraft too.

Is that in store? I can only see Minecraft as the option when adding the bundle online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement