Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

trixiebust wrote: »
    When does the controller offer end ?

They said it was the 24 or 26th when it ends but that it's been going on and off for a while.

I picked up another controller today and I'm going to get one Monday. Purely for collecting them as it's prettier than having ****e old games sitting on a shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

amadablam wrote: »
    They said it was the 24 or 26th when it ends but that it's been going on and off for a while.

I picked up another controller today and I'm going to get one Monday. Purely for collecting them as it's prettier than having ****e old games sitting on a shelf

Yeah have another few to trade in again, I'll try parkway tomorrow and see how it goes, asked it earlier but maybe you know have a few games with no covers, would they take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is that in store? I can only see Minecraft as the option when adding the bundle online.

In store. Don't know why it isn't available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Ah they saw ye coming :D only messing.

Got another minecraft one for the nephew and a recon tech for myself and both were 9.99 each

He actually brought me up one of each and had loads of the shadow red ones.

No consistency with them I guess. Although the lads in William street in limerick are extremely helpful.

I got 2 pads in galway but all they were offering were the black or white controllers, even though they had in stock minecraft controllers and others.

I'm still happy but wanted a green minecraft one for one of my girls, no consistency with gamestop.

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah have another few to trade in again, I'll try parkway tomorrow and see how it goes, asked it earlier but maybe you know have a few games with no covers, would they take them?

Got a patrol tech one in parkway today and no problem at all there. They did say that some controllers aren't scanning for them on the deal but in fairness they were willing to try any I wanted.

Not sure they would take them without covers though. Might be worth asking anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks. Heading into Limerick tomorrow, so hopefully you guys have left one for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Little off topic but anyone know if cex take controllers that were opened? Have an old controller that was opened previously and want to trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Are the GameStop controllers pre owned?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

honda boi wrote: »
    Little off topic but anyone know if cex take controllers that were opened? Have an old controller that was opened previously and want to trade in

Pretty sure they only take opened ones. I've traded in new sealed games there and they always made me open them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

They inspect it so if there are signs of tampering they will reject it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Pretty sure they only take opened ones. I've traded in new sealed games there and they always made me open them first.

Sorry when I said opened I meant actually unscrewed the controller and opened it :p

erkifino wrote: »
    They inspect it so if there are signs of tampering they will reject it.

Ah I see ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was in GameStop in parkway, traded in 2 and got the Halo 5 design one, they don't have any of the color ones left just Halo regular and Minecraft ones, also said they got a memo about not taking any games without covers, not too upset with that, happy with what I got :)

Also someone asked about a trade in voucher I got, it's tade in 6 games and you get a 20 Euro voucher, they didn't stamp mine as it being over the controller offer but the guy in crescent stamped it 4 times so as others have said it all about who you get

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just out of Blanch and traded in 4 games and got 2 Minecraft joypads even though I asked for 1 and a recon tech joypad. If anyone wants a Minecraft one and based in Waterford for Recon Tech let me know

Gamestop Galway tell me they're not doing trade in for Xbox one controller. Just been in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

beercr8te wrote: »
    Gamestop Galway tell me they're not doing trade in for Xbox one controller. Just been in there.

Tell them it’s still live and there’s a code they need to enter to trigger the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

In henry St offer still on but black and white only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

Same here. Guy first said "No" when I said they had the promotion on their facebook site on Friday and that it was "a while back". Then he changed the story that the suspended the promotion. Dodgy.

They told me too many worthless games got traded so they ended offer, Galway store.

Went back in and told them the offer is still live and about the code they need to enter, heard more b.s. from guy in charge, story kept changing,

• Advertisement

Surely can't be legal them giving you b.s stories about it not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    In henry St offer still on but black and white only.

So liffey St around the corner will do it for any controller...

I've ended up trading in xbone s, 3 extra controllers (2 from this deal and 1 from ages ago), Madden 17 and the golf club 2 and got the one X and forza and a pig controller for €177 all in, delighted to say the least.

Bit of a bragging post so feel free to remove if it offends.

Cheapest games to use in the controller deal seem to be fifa16 and battlefield 4 at 99c and 5€ respectively.

Also have a couple of 14 day live trials if anyone wants them, non-stackable unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Surely can't be legal them giving you b.s stories about it not working?

Meh. Shops can sell to you or not, to be honest, it's their choice.

Gamestop seem to be totally incompetent about most of their deals and customer service in general, so unfortunately, it's all luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've ended up trading in xbone s, 3 extra controllers (2 from this deal and 1 from ages ago), Madden 17 and the golf club 2 and got the one X and forza and a pig controller for €177 all in, delighted to say the least.

Cheapest games to use in the controller deal seem to be fifa16 and battlefield 4 at 99c and 5€ respectively.

Also have a couple of 14 day live trials if anyone wants them, non-stackable unfortunately.

Thats where I got mine yesterday. Was told that it was only on the standard pads and patrol tech, but tried the Minecraft one and it went through.

They told me too many worthless games got traded so they ended offer, Galway store.

That's what you get when you get too many soldiers, wanting to be officers :rolleyes:

The offer runs until the code is revoked on their retail system and can no longer be redeemed at the point of sale

Their 'head office' may end the deal at any point and this was explained to me by a manager today but he said until that happens, they are to honour if as the offer is valid up and until, that point.

They have full control over the value of the games being traded and if they don't scan with a preset value, well that's fine but it is not at the discretion of the staff to alter terms and conditions.

If Gamestop want to do this, they do so across the board.

The offer may run until Christmas and has only seen a spike since they advertised it on Facebook in recent days

It has been running, quietly, on and off for a while, apparently

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got some in Douglas Cork today.
    The Minecraft ones aren't on the list but the pig one scanned fine.
    Staff were very helpful.

Still looking for a creeper one for a crimbo pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Got two minecraft controllers in Parkway Limerick today. Very helpfull staff, guy even got 2 cheapest games from a drawer, Fifa 16 and Battleborn both for €5 when I asked about trade in deal. He said that I can not buy and trade those same games all over again. I went to Cex and bought Destiny (€15 used in Gamestop) and Shadow warrior for €16 both. Gamestop also sell Division new for €4.99, but no stock in Parkway. Realy a steal, retail price for minecraft controller is €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Interesting, must give them a ring tomorrow and see what trade in value against an X I'll get for 500gb one S with two controllers

skerry wrote: »
    Interesting, must give them a ring tomorrow and see what trade in value against an X I'll get for 500gb one S with two controllers

Surely you have more controller equity in that you pauper! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Surely you have more controller equity in that you pauper! :D

Well, another controller probably be obtained if it made said deal more attainable :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement