Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I was told in gamestop that the issue is headoffice havn't said if they will be supporting the stores with the offer. If not each store will be down on sales so they are reluctant to do the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I was told in gamestop that the issue is headoffice havn't said if they will be supporting the stores with the offer. If not each store will be down on sales so they are reluctant to do the trade.

They must think their customers will swallow any old BS they throw at them!

The offer is on their POS system.
    Head Office are the people who put that onto their machines.
    They know what items are part of the offer.

Someone needs to complain these eejits to HO! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

marcbrophy wrote: »
    They must think their customers will swallow any old BS they throw at them!

The offer is on their POS system.
    Head Office are the people who put that onto their machines.
    They know what items are part of the offer.

Someone needs to complain these eejits to HO! :pac:

They gave me the offer when I traded in battleborne and fifa 16, they were annoyed with head office though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers for heads up on controllers here lads.

I had 3 xbox games laying around and went to gamestop in Limerick. The fella was extremely nice and helpful. Took even old fifa or something that costed 99cent and put towards the deal. So I picked up two controllers for 21eu.
    After the deal I went and got him coffee to say thanks. He was really nice guy. I was afraid I will have one of those gamestop experiences, where I will be told to fudge off, that lads said about in previous posts.
    Then went to smyths and bought minecraft bundle deal with Battlefront for 250eu. My old original xbox one and battlefront went to cex. Getting 153eu cash for them.

I dont play my xbox at all, but it was good opportunity to get my ratty an xmas present. So xbox s 500gb, minecraft, minecraft story mode, 2 extra controllers in total 100eu. Her xmas present sorted. And there are 4 controllers now, so we can do party games with all family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They gave me the offer when I traded in battleborne and fifa 16, they were annoyed with head office though :P

Well, you're laughing so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm sure that this is someone in the Gamestop marketing team..............

5y13pyu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

What a load of grade A horse baloney from them. It's a wonder they didn't blame those pencil-necked bureaucrats down in city hall while they were at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Picked up 3 black controllers today in Limerick.
    Fair play to the lady dealing with me, all I had was Destiny & was buying Titanfall to trade back.

Instead of buying Titanfall,she went out of her way to find me the cheapest game ( FIFA 16 ) in store & scanned that instead for me each time.
    Cheers to the OP too, B.A. of the year for me :)

I'm so happy with them - I'm going to bring it all back, along with my One S, & trade it all in for a shiny new X. I suppose they got a secondary sale from me after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

trixiebust wrote: »
    Picked up 3 black controllers today in Limerick.
    Fair play to the lady dealing with me, all I had was Destiny & was buying Titanfall to trade back.

Instead of buying Titanfall,she went out of her way to find me the cheapest game ( FIFA 16 ) in store & scanned it that instead for me 3 times.
    Cheers to the OP too, B.A. of the year for me :)

All the special controllers gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I am just wondering about this +50% offer towards the x.

I have a standard ps4 and I have a 2tb one s.

Anyone trade in either of these towards the x and how much did ye get for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I am just wondering about this +50% offer towards the x.

I have a standard ps4 and I have a 2tb one s.

Anyone trade in either of these towards the x and how much did ye get for them?

Standard Xbox was worth about €120 so similar for the PS4. Maybe €200 for the One S as prices have dropped a bit over the last few weeks.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Standard Xbox was worth about €120 so similar for the PS4. Maybe €200 for the One S as prices have dropped a bit over the last few weeks.

Cool so do you reckon I'd only have around 200 to pay for the X

Might just have to go for it at that rate

Cool so do you reckon I'd only have around 200 to pay for the X

Might just have to go for it at that rate

Close enough. You can also get the 50% boost on games and peripherals if you've any lying around

Close enough. You can also get the 50% boost on games and peripherals if you've any lying around

Cool, just swapping the 500gb hdd back into the PS4.

I have the box for each console. Just have to include controller, power cable and hdmi is it?

Microsoft must be funding Gamestop on that deal

Hococop wrote: »
    All the special controllers gone?

All she had left were black standard ones. Honestly not fussy at that price!

Anyone know what's the trade in value of a 500gb S with 3 extra controllers, for an X ? The 50 % trade in value in still running too afaik.

Cool, just swapping the 500gb hdd back into the PS4.

I have the box for each console. Just have to include controller, power cable and hdmi is it?

Microsoft must be funding Gamestop on that deal

Will they take the PS4 if you've opened it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You can swap out the hdd without having to remove the warranty seal, which is what they look for.

Don't see how they would know, it's a very simple process that the system is designed for.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All she had left were black standard ones. Honestly not fussy at that price!

Anyone know what's the trade in value of a 500gb S with 3 extra controllers, for an X ? The 50 % trade in value in still running too afaik.

The last time I asked the Xbox was 195
    Controller are 45
    Both include the 50%
    So 330 in total

But you'd need to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

One of the chaps on the Xbox one x thread linked this for me , Logitech g920 +pedals+gear shifter for €180 on Curry’s uk. Use dpd parcel wizard to ship it to Ireland.
    It’s €440 to buy here.
    Use discount voucher on main page

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g920-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139462-pdt.html#srcid=11026?awc=1599_1511259843_e07873128c619b6899044af3bb890cd2&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Skimlinks~Editorial%20Content~78888&awid=78888

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Blazer wrote: »
    One of the chaps on the Xbox one x thread linked this for me , Logitech g920 +pedals+gear shifter for €180 on Curry’s uk. Use dpd parcel wizard to ship it to Ireland.
    It’s €440 to buy here.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g920-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139462-pdt.html#srcid=11026?awc=1599_1511259843_e07873128c619b6899044af3bb890cd2&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Skimlinks~Editorial%20Content~78888&awid=78888

God I'd love to have the room for a proper set up with this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It’s €440 to buy here.

I am still so tempted by this but know I'll never get the use out of it.

what are you doing for a seat / stand?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    The last time I asked the Xbox was 195
    Controller are 45
    Both include the 50%
    So 330 in total

But you'd need to confirm

It's still €330. Asked could I buy 2 games there to trade back for another controller - no way, I'd be "cheating the system". This was Clonmel & I'd done exactly that in Limerick yesterday. Also the 50 % trade in bonus was exclusive to GameStop Clonmel & nowhere else. Different stories from different stores!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's all down to local staff/management really.

I'm pretty sure my local store would have no issue doing it.
    Would just need to justify it to the boss... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

It’s €440 to buy here.

Anyone have any tips on ordering for Currys UK? Put in Parcel Wizard as my delivery address but the billing address seems to need a UK postcode and you can't change the country from UK?

Also the 50 % trade in bonus was exclusive to GameStop Clonmel & nowhere else.

They obviously hadn't a clue what's going on.

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on ordering for Currys UK? Put in Parcel Wizard as my delivery address but the billing address seems to need a UK postcode and you can't change the country from UK?
    Your post code is in your parcel address wizard,
    Paste in the rest of the address then

Going to get the playsest.
    It folds up flat when not in use :)
    So not much space required for it.

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/wl/playseat-challenge-seats/playseat-challenge-racing-seat-gearshift-support.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I can recommend the following for wheel stands:
    http://wheelstandpro.com/

Have one with a Thrustmaster wheel, works great. Have to provide your own seat though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

Just wanted to come back to follow up on my bad experience with the Galway Gamestop. Went in there Sunday with DOOM and The Witcher 3 in hand to swap them for the Xbox One Controller promo for €9.99. Staff there lied, said I was wrong and changed story on the spot. It actually felt embarrassed being told that my facts were wrong by staff. Will never go there again. Customer lost.

Today my gf went into the Gamestop on LIFFEY STREET in Dublin and couldn't have had a better experience. Staff there knew exactly what was going on when she walked in with the two games in hand, she had a nice chat about The Witcher 3 and got a Minecraft Creeper Edition controller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement