Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i may be late but does anyone know when the controller offer is finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

ablelocks wrote: »
    i may be late but does anyone know when the controller offer is finished?

Gamestop don't know themselves, that's not a joke by the way.

They said it will end when it's switched off on the system and it may run until Christmas or until this Friday. Who knows.

Best advice would be go in and try and get the offer as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

The 26th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Just wanted to come back to follow up on my bad experience with the Galway Gamestop. Went in there Sunday with DOOM and The Witcher 3 in hand to swap them for the Xbox One Controller promo for €9.99. Staff there lied, said I was wrong and changed story on the spot. It actually felt embarrassed being told that my facts were wrong by staff. Will never go there again. Customer lost.

Today my gf went into the Gamestop on LIFFEY STREET in Dublin and couldn't have had a better experience. Staff there knew exactly what was going on when she walked in with the two games in hand, she had a nice chat about The Witcher 3 and got a Minecraft Creeper Edition controller.

I believe someone posted a link to a place that you can review gamestop staff, may be worth giving your feed back on the both stores, only way good staff will get some kudos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I believe someone posted a link to a place that you can review gamestop staff, may be worth giving your feed back on the both stores, only way good staff will get some kudos

Good idea. It only works if you have a transaction number from the receipt, as far as I know, but once I have the receipt, I will certainly use it to give positive feedback on Liffey St store and maybe there's a text box where I can give my two cents about the Galway store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think it’s time for a GameStop megabitch thread
    Keep expecting a bargain lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I'd say some managers nearly had a heart attack when they realised they were about to become awash with several thousand useless copies of FIFA 16 and Battleborn....

Still think its a bizarre offer from Gamestop, there's no logic to it. You get a €90 controller. They get €10 and two drinks coasters/frisbees.

I can't see the odd person deciding to buy FIFA 18 or the new COD suddenly reversing their financial misfortunes.
    Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah I can't figure it out, they are losing money big time, you have to assume some are cooking the books big time
    amadablam wrote: »
    No they are not :confused:....... It's an absolutely brilliant idea on Gamestops side :eek:
    I'm sure that this is someone in the Gamestop marketing team..............

5y13pyu.jpg

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gamestop Black Friday deals are live for level 3+ customers
    y3RT4gw.jpg
    19U2riX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Is that purely for Level 3+ or will they eventually be open to everyone? The reason I ask is it mentions early access.

Gamestop Black Friday deals are live for level 3+ customers
    y3RT4gw.jpg
    19U2riX.jpg

I'd say they might find the controllers a bit of a slow seller even on black Friday :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Weird. I'm level 2 and I'm still able to get the offers.

Classic Gamestop.

erkifino wrote: »
    Is that purely for Level 3+ or will they eventually be open to everyone? The reason I ask is it mentions early access.

Open for everyone on Friday until Monday afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm level one, logged in and I can get the deal now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm level one, logged in and I can get the deal now

Only in Clonmel and Galway :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

There is €15 off the xbox design lab controllers if anyone is interested .
    normally €80 down to €64.99 .

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gamestop Levels? Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

iceferg wrote: »
    There is €15 off the xbox design lab controllers if anyone is interested .
    normally €80 down to €64.99 .

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-ie

No offense, but I am pretty sure whole boards.ie is sorted for controllers for the rest of xbox one life cycle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No offense, but I am pretty sure whole boards.ie is sorted for controllers for the rest of xbox one life cycle. :pac:

Not those sweet personalised ones though!
    Look how ugly my design is :D

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com:443/en-ie/view?instanceid=729e1573-b36c-4fdb-b3ea-436ae7e08730

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

marcbrophy wrote: »

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com:443/en-ie/view?instanceid=729e1573-b36c-4fdb-b3ea-436ae7e08730

Sweet Jesus what did you do

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I like it .. its eh different :o

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus what did you do

:D
    GBX wrote: »
    I like it .. its eh different :o

I kinda like it myself :eek:

5TB portable Seagate hdd is currently £115 on Amazon if anyone needs space for all those Xbox One X patches.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZTK3E9?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=6b5b465894c6055c50f7b0de788029cc_CT&ref=dra_a_rv_mr_ho_xx_P1400_1000

5TB portable Seagate hdd is currently £115 on Amazon if anyone needs space for all those Xbox One X patches.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZTK3E9?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=6b5b465894c6055c50f7b0de788029cc_CT&ref=dra_a_rv_mr_ho_xx_P1400_1000

Oh man, that's a great price! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Anyone know if the trade ins for the 10 euro controller is still working?

Specifically in the Galway store?

clonadlad wrote: »

Best off going in and hoping that they will give you the offer as all stores seem to differ and no one can answer you other than the store you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Best off going in and hoping that they will give you the offer as all stores seem to differ and no one can answer you other than the store you are going to.

I know someone mentioned they had trouble in one of the Galway stores so it's a gamble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Oh man, that's a great price! :D

it is but i've sworn never to buy another seagate again after the last one i had packed in

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

clonadlad wrote: »

Just ring them and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Showing 149.99 for me, deal over?

• Advertisement

it is but i've sworn never to buy another seagate again after the last one i had packed in

Sorry you had a bad experience with them!

I can honestly say I've never had issue with Seagate myself, but it is a common complaint whenever the name arises!
    SuperS54 wrote: »
    Showing 149.99 for me, deal over?

Yeah, it ended at 4pm.
    The 4TB at £99, is a great price too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement