Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

theteal wrote: »
    I preordered my X with Very. I think I paid £380 with Forza. It was a "buy now pay nothing for 9 months" thing too, although I'm nearly clear as is. I do live over here so I didn't have to spoof address though.

C'mon now lads........... Ye have done more complex things on boards for a bargain :D:D

txzQqwK.jpg

• Got the Hitman collectors addition for 50 quid!!

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/57383/hitman-collectors-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Got the Hitman collectors addition for 50 quid!!

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/57383/hitman-collectors-edition

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01BHXMQ8M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&psc=1

38ish on Amazon warehouse for anybody interested. Sorry M!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

erkifino wrote:
    38ish on Amazon warehouse for anybody interested. Sorry M!ck.

Fair bit of minor cosmetic damage on nearly all sides of the item tho. For the sake of a tenner I'd prefer a brand new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I usually throw the boxes in the bin tbh. Not fond of throwing tenners in the bin. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

erkifino wrote: »
    I usually throw the boxes in the bin tbh. Not fond of throwing tenners in the bin. :pac:

I have a few gaming friends who would shudder at what you just said re the binning of game boxes. They'd collect anything though in fairness. I need new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Wouldn't dream of throwing any of my electronics boxes out. Still have the boxes for my TVs. Even if I never trade them in, I like to keep the box. I've got a boxed Gamecube in my parents house in mint condition, will sell it eventually but take it out every now and then for a mess around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Keep mine for a month or so and then dump them all.
    With the amount of crap I'd buy I'd need another house just to store the boxes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bunch of hoarders
    Keeping empty boxes lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Fair bit of minor cosmetic damage on nearly all sides of the item tho. For the sake of a tenner I'd prefer a brand new one.

46 euros second hand > 50 euros brand new

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

46 euros second hand > 50 euros brand new

;)

does it come with the game?

Mick=triggered

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    does it come with the game?

Mick=triggered

Ìt does, but in download format :(
    Sucks with my internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sucks with my internet!

Its only the last 2 levels that have to be downloaded isn't it? Still a bit of an odd one.

Edit: Sorry this is true of the disc copy, the CE was a dl code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Sucks with my internet!

i'm pretty sure that the disc version also requires you to download as it only has the first episode on it

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Can anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy battlefront 2. Cheapest I've found is amazon 55 + parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy battlefront 2. Cheapest I've found is amazon 55 + parcel motel

Boycott, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It'll be free in EA Access in two months with the way it's selling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Boycott, that is all.

Ill pass the memo on to Santy thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I have to ask why would you use parcel motel ,if you spend over £20 on Amazon it ships for free, just on the checkout page select free shipping , you might have a reason but I've seen so many people say they use parcel motel for stuff from Amazon lately it boggles the mind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

colmufc wrote: »
    I have to ask why would you use parcel motel ,if you spend over £20 on Amazon it ships for free, just on the checkout page select free shipping , you might have a reason but I've seen so many people say they use parcel motel for stuff from Amazon lately it boggles the mind

its because there's plenty of stuff that isn't available to be shipped to Ireland directly - Fire sticks being the first example that comes to me.

hopefully your mind can now be safely unboggled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not everything sold on Amazon is sold by Amazon. There are untold items sold on Amazon where the seller will state explicitly that they won't post to Ireland. Also many items where postage to a UK address is free while postage to Ireland is 4x the cost of Parcel Motel or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I use parcel wizard for all my amazon needs, they deliver where and when I want, home or workor a mates house.
    Those pesky postmen leave cards and it is hassle collecting from the sorting office.

Home your mind has stopped boggling now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Thought it was 25 pounds for free shipping ?
    Also - unless the seller is Amazon (or it's fulfilled by Amazon) you won't get the free shipping. Often times there is a cheaper non-amazon seller that you can buy from through Amazon

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would always use PM for gaming stuff from amazon to avoid Ascendia anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I would always use PM for gaming stuff from amazon to avoid Ascendia anyway.

I gave out about Ascendia, specifically by name, to Amazon's CS twice.
    They no longer send me stuff through them!
    I get tracked An Post delivery now, even choosing free shipping!

Obviously, your mileage may vary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I gave out about Ascendia, specifically by name, to Amazon's CS twice.
    They no longer send me stuff through them!
    I get tracked An Post delivery now, even choosing free shipping!

Obviously, your mileage may vary :)

Everything I've bought directly/fulfilled by Amazon since around March has come by tracked post with An Post, and I always pick free shipping (bar for the Xbox X) because if I'm in a rush for something I'll get it local.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everything I've bought directly/fulfilled by Amazon since around March has come by tracked post with An Post, and I always pick free shipping (bar for the Xbox X) because if I'm in a rush for something I'll get it local.

Maybe they have given up on Ascendia altogether!
    I'd say they were costing them a fortune in refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Not sure if this is best place to ask but has anyone had any issues buying things from gamestop.ie.

I've had issues with them being very slow to send out orders. Or sometimes stock not even sent out and I've had to open paypal disputes to get my money back.

I've not been able to get any kind of reply to my emails to their store or even messaging them on fb doesn't get a response.

Just wondering if anyone else has bought anything from them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

TooSweet wrote: »
    Not sure if this is best place to ask but has anyone had any issues buying things from gamestop.ie.

I've had issues with them being very slow to send out orders. Or sometimes stock not even sent out and I've had to open paypal disputes to get my money back.

I've not been able to get any kind of reply to my emails to their store or even messaging them on fb doesn't get a response.

I'm in the exact same boat currently with them over a PSVR order.

I'm starting to get responses on their ticketing system here : https://gamestopukie.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb

If it's not resolved soon I'm going to have to open a PayPal dispute.

I've never bought from them online before, and after this experience I never will again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

TooSweet wrote: »

Bought a console bundle off them recently and it was delivered in less than 2 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement