Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat currently with them over a PSVR order.

I'm starting to get responses on their ticketing system here : https://gamestopukie.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb

If it's not resolved soon I'm going to have to open a PayPal dispute.

I've never bought from them online before, and after this experience I never will again.

Their ticketing system is offline now. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TooSweet wrote: »
    Not sure if this is best place to ask but has anyone had any issues buying things from gamestop.ie.

I've had issues with them being very slow to send out orders. Or sometimes stock not even sent out and I've had to open paypal disputes to get my money back.

I've not been able to get any kind of reply to my emails to their store or even messaging them on fb doesn't get a response.

Just wondering if anyone else has bought anything from them recently?

The one thing that generally gets attention is to head to their facebook and twitter pages and start making a bit of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Maybe they have given up on Ascendia altogether!
    I'd say they were costing them a fortune in refunds.

Not sure about that. Nothing recently has been sent via Ascendia from Amazon UK, but my orders for the Destiny 2 CE and Metroid Samus Returns from Amazon France were sent through them. Destiny 2 was supposed to be sent via DHL, but for some reason ended up with Ascendia who promptly lost it(don't know how the packing box is 100cmX60cmX50cm).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not sure about that. Nothing recently has been sent via Ascendia from Amazon UK, but my orders for the Destiny 2 CE and Metroid Samus Returns from Amazon France were sent through them. Destiny 2 was supposed to be sent via DHL, but for some reason ended up with Ascendia who promptly lost it(don't know how the packing box is 100cmX60cmX50cm).

They "lost" its means some driver copped what it was and wanted it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So lads, any, eh, bargains going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So lads, any, eh, bargains going?

Picked up Wolfenstein 2 (£19:90) and some socks (£5). Came to €30 delivered from...Amazon! Free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not sure if this is best place to ask but has anyone had any issues buying things from gamestop.ie.

I've had issues with them being very slow to send out orders. Or sometimes stock not even sent out and I've had to open paypal disputes to get my money back.

I've not been able to get any kind of reply to my emails to their store or even messaging them on fb doesn't get a response.

Having the same issue myself. Not possible to contact them, tickets/emails go ignored, customer care phone line is unmanned & goes straight to voicemail, voicemails go ignored also. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'm going to have to get a chargeback issued (paying by PayPal wouldn't work at the time, so used my card directly!). I can safely say, I'll never, ever, buy anything online from Gamestop Ireland again...simply because if anything goes wrong, or you need help in any way, you're on your own with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bought Nioh yesterday and it was dispatched same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Completely missed the boat on all the serious black Friday deals.
    Most places out stock, need one for xmasish.
    Should I wait a week or so or have the good prices and stock gone for Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Birneybau wrote: »
    Picked up Wolfenstein 2 (£19:90) and some socks (£5). Came to €30 delivered from...Amazon! Free delivery.

Hope you don't get 'cold feet' over your purchase............ But there is probably a good 'cooling' off period

:o:o:o

I'll get me coat.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

amadablam wrote: »
    Hope you don't get 'cold feet' over your purchase............ But there is probably a good 'cooling' off period

I'll get me coat.......

god they were terrible, you really need to put a SOCK in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

amadablam wrote: »

I'll get me coat.......

Sock it to me baby!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I picked up Assassin's Creed Origins mainly because, apart from Dragon Age, it's the only game my wife liked the look of on Xbox (also, it she didn't like it, we can get more for it in CeX than we paid for it :D ).

Other than that, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm actually really enjoying Assassins Creed

Shadow of War is down to €28 on CDKeys, tempting me for when I'm done with Egypt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

maximoose wrote: »

Shadow of War is down to €28 on CDKeys, tempting me for when I'm done with Egypt

its well worth it. A bit of a hack and slash at times but still fantastic value and a good complimentary game to Origins for the Xbox One X too.

Im looking for a deal on the two season passes for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

good price in fairness, I was thinking of holding off till argos inevitably reduce it, but thats hard to pass up.

Have to say I am as well, I'm only playing it over the weekends though so I can get up early Saturday/Sunday get a nice cup of coffee and relax for a few hours assassinating people, glorious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Birneybau wrote: »

I also got Wolfenstein for £20 and was wondering what I could get to bring it to free postage......ended up getting a projector.

Looking forward to it a lot though. Recently finished the COD:WW2 campaign and while it's fine, it's generic and been there, done that.

Sad to hear Wolf 2 is doing badly. Rare these days to see such incredibly well put together single player FPS campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I also got Wolfenstein for £20 and was wondering what I could get to bring it to free postage......ended up getting a projector.

Looking forward to it a lot though. Recently finished the COD:WW2 campaign and while it's fine, it's generic and been there, done that.

Sad to hear Wolf 2 is doing badly. Rare these days to see such incredibly well put together single player FPS campaigns.

What projector did you pick up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks like microsoft rewards are avaible in ireland https://rewards.microsoft.com/

Just complete the daily goals, earn points and eventually get enough to swap them for xbox live subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

wexdevil wrote: »
    Looks like microsoft rewards are avaible in ireland https://rewards.microsoft.com/

Just complete the daily goals, earn points and eventually get enough to swap them for xbox live subs.
    was just about to post this.  I have seen people use this and win stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I sign in and get "Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended"

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Says its not available in my region?
    434946.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Weird that it works fine for me, not using any kind of VPN.
    https://i.imgur.com/oW6nQq1.jpg

Says its available here in their FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Weird that it works fine for me, not using any kind of VPN.
    https://i.imgur.com/oW6nQq1.jpg

Says its available here in their FAQ

Working for me too without a vpn. Though it is listing the currency as dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I picked up Assassin's Creed Origins mainly because, apart from Dragon Age, it's the only game my wife liked the look of on Xbox (also, it she didn't like it, we can get more for it in CeX than we paid for it :D ).

Other than that, nothing else.

Hi where and how much did you pick it up For?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Great news. I've been gathering some through a UK VPN for a while now but haven't tried cashing them in yet. Now I need to decide if I stay the course until I have my first target or do I try converting them to the Irish version :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

I sign in and get "Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended"

Hmm.
    Same as meself.
    Unfortunately, it appears that your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement