Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

amadablam wrote: »
    cheers for that, hadnt realised.

Just going to a UK account.

Anyone tried CirclePay? Saw someone mention it here a few weeks ago.

On Revolut tap payments, then "To bank Account" and you can send sterling and get the best rate. Should be same day if it's a UK bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

cheers lads, all sorted. thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Yup, fantastic game. Closest thing I've played to System Shock since the original Deus Ex.

• Gizmo55 wrote: »

Yoink! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yoink! :D

Playing it at the moment, I never played System Shock but I would have described it as Bioshock in Space, which I think is pretty much the same thing :)
    I'm playing on hard, and the enemies take quite a bit to put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Has anybody seen any decent deals on external hard drives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BDJW wrote: »
    Has anybody seen any decent deals on external hard drives?

I've been watching out myself in bricks and mortar stores and nothing is jumping out. Argos and Currys seems to increase their prices simultaneously and a 2TB is hovering aroud the €90-100 mark.

Otherwise Amazon have this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06W55K9N6 for £67.97.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've been watching out myself in bricks and mortar stores and nothing is jumping out. Argos and Currys seems to increase their prices simultaneously and a 2TB is hovering aroud the €90-100 mark.

Otherwise Amazon have this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06W55K9N6 for £67.97.

Thanks, that seems like an alright deal. I think 1TB would be enough for me though. I'm not in a rush for one, so will keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks, that seems like an alright deal. I think 1TB would be enough for me though. I'm not in a rush for one, so will keep an eye out

I find Argos usually has the best prices, but the least stock :)

The one below is €54.99 for 1TB

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5999154.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gizmo55 wrote: »

I was really hoping it'd get a bump for the X! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, the price difference between 1TB and 2TB isn't too much, and you'll regret going for a 1TB soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

CatInABox wrote:
    Honestly, the price difference between 1TB and 2TB isn't too much, and you'll regret going for a 1TB soon enough.

Yep!
    I kinda regret going for a 2TB and not a 4TB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yep!
    I kinda regret going for a 2TB and not a 4TB

I so regretted going for a 2TB drive that I convinced my wife that we should give the hard drive away as an emergency present and buy a new 4TB drive.

She's endlessly amused at my gaming/tech habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Have a 4TB external, 30% full and I'm thinking maybe I should get another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I've a 2tb one and it's a struggle, I would recommend people to buy a 4tb

I have my 500GB One S since Christmas 2016, in that time I’ve only had to delete two games due to lack of storage. I don’t play the Xbox a huge amount, so definitely no need for a 4TB hard drive! I may reconsider getting a 2TB instead of a 1TB drive, but I think it might still be overkill for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

I have my 500GB One S since Christmas 2016, in that time I’ve only had to delete two games due to lack of storage. I don’t play the Xbox a huge amount, so definitely no need for a 4TB hard drive! I may reconsider getting a 2TB instead of a 1TB drive, but I think it might still be overkill for me!

Better to be looking at free memory then looking for it !

Don't know if was mentioned already, but I just got PUBG on cdkeys for 19.99 with a free code for Assassin's Creed Unity

• Advertisement

Don't know if was mentioned already, but I just got PUBG on cdkeys for 19.99 with a free code for Assassin's Creed Unity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Yeah, some fella just posted it before you! :D

Yeah, some fella just posted it before you!

Ha ha ha very good! :)
    I'll have to leave that there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Be sure to do a bit of digging around reviews to assess the differences in read and write speeds of these drives. I picked up this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5808812/Trail/searchtext%3E2TB.htm

And it has an older gen model in argos as well for the same price but the new drive has much faster read/write speeds.
    Also don't fall for the XBOX themed drives as these are not optimised for the XBOX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I got a Toshiba 2TB one last year (not for the xbox) and its very slow to wake up and stutters playing media back. Speeds are ok otherwise. I assume its power management and/or caching.

But I've never been able to find out why, I don't know how to avoid in when I buy another drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Problem is trying to find those write speeds, or even differences between similar devices.

I guess this is the older model to the one pmce4 picked up,
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5988990/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C50000560%7CLaptop+and+PC+accessories%7C50000562/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000562%7CHard+drives%7C50000586.htm

Even on the Seagate site itself I haven't found the transfer rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Tesco direct have the one x with Shadow of war, COD:WWII, AC Origins and Overwatch GOTY for £449. You can just add them all separately and it'll take the discount off, not a bad deal imo.

Xbox One X + Overwatch GOTY, Shadow of War, COD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins for £449 from Tesco Direct UK and use Parcel Motel or Something

Seems like a fantastic deal when its €504 delivered and you can get €115 in CEX for the games or sell on Adverts.

Probably the best deal currently.

Ordered it this morning.

*Edit: hadnt seen the above post.

Xbox One X + Overwatch GOTY, Shadow of War, COD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins for £449 from Tesco Direct UK and use Parcel Motel or Something

Seems like a fantastic deal when its €504 delivered and you can get €115 in CEX for the games or sell on Adverts.

Probably the best deal currently.

Ordered it this morning.

*Edit: hadnt seen the above post.

Don't often quote my own post but for anyone thinking of ordering this, mine is shipping already.

Used an Irish credit card and parcel forwarding service.

Absolutely no hassle at all with payment

Delighted and I'll be dropping the games to cex as soon as they arrive as I have them already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Don't often quote my own post but for anyone thinking of ordering this, mine is shipping already.

Used an Irish credit card and parcel forwarding service.

Absolutely no hassle at all with payment

Delighted and I'll be dropping the games to cex as soon as they arrive as I have them already.

I ordered from them a few weeks ago and they shipped fairly fast but it took over a week to get here because they didn't put the parcel wizard customer number on the console so the games actually arrived before the console despite being shipped 2 days later.

I traded COD in yesterday, they offered €38 cash in CEX and gamestop offered €40 cash but I traded it in against South Park collectors edition and got a €7.51 gift card back too so not bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement