Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I think the Stick of Truth codes expire Today , noticed someone on Reddit mention it yesterday.

Yup, the Stick of Truth codes expire today. It is being released separately for €30 next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote:
    Select USD as currency, and use code spielekauf10 bringing the total to $47

There were people on hukd using this to buy Xbox one x from German Microsoft store for €383 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There were people on hukd using this to buy Xbox one x from German Microsoft store for €383 lol

I think they came in €5 denominations so they must have had some fun redeeming them for the One X :o lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I didn't realise I could use my xbox credit on hardware!!! Just bought a play and charge kit out of credit I had. Three PAYG €20 top up just got a whole lot better :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I take it you buy hardware from the MS store with your xbox balance, Spence? :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I take it you buy hardware from the MS store with your xbox balance, Spence? :)

Yes the Microsoft store :) time to start saving for an elite controller , €20 a month should have enough for it by September ....

Yes the Microsoft store :) time to start saving for an elite controller , €20 a month should have enough for it by September ....

Now that's a good long term goal :)

I wanted a chatpad, but the IE store doesn't stock them :(

Now that's a good long term goal :)

I wanted a chatpad, but the IE store doesn't stock them :(

They do I saw one while I was looking for the play and charge

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/communications/chatpad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not sure, if this is a Bargain Alert as such, but we have identified a way to get rewarded three different ways at the same time for making digital Xbox game purchases.

The short version is that you can use:
    1. Microsoft Rewards: Now officially available in Ireland
    2. Xbox Rewards: Based on your MyVIP star Level you can get 'up to 10%' rewards points on purchases
    3. SuperValu Real Rewards: I kid you not - I was surprised that you can earn Real Rewards points for purchases made online at the Microsoft Store.

Register for the various programs and launch the Microsoft Store from the SuperValu page and you can get rewarded from all three programs (depending on what you buy) for your purchase.

The SuperValu and Microsoft Rewards can also reward you for hardware purchases, but Xbox rewards won't. So, if you're buying a Surface, an Xbox or peripherals directly from MS, you can still get 2x programs rewards for it.

The longer version of the process is in a piece we published here, but I figured that boardsies would prefer the details directly on Boards :D.

They do I saw one while I was looking for the play and charge

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/communications/chatpad

You get an error when you try to add to cart, that it is unavailable!
    Thanks anyway, I'll find something else or wait for the chatpads to restock :)

• Advertisement

Ah bummer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

SuperValu Real Rewards: I kid you not - you can earn points for purchases made online at the Microsoft Store.

If you aren't a supervalu shopper, use Topcashback. 7% cashback on game purchases, about 4 weeks to be paid.

Anyone looking at hardware or a few games - there is £20 off when you spend £150 on videogames sold by Amazon until midnight tonight

Use code VG20OFF150 at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Not sure, if this is a Bargain Alert as such, but we have identified a way to get rewarded three different ways at the same time for making digital Xbox game purchases.

The short version is that you can use:
    1. Microsoft Rewards: Now officially available in Ireland
    2. Xbox Rewards: Based on your MyVIP star Level you can get 'up to 10%' rewards points on purchases
    3. SuperValu Real Rewards: I kid you not - I was surprised that you can earn Real Rewards points for purchases made online at the Microsoft Store.

Register for the various programs and launch the Microsoft Store from the SuperValu page and you can get rewarded from all three programs (depending on what you buy) for your purchase.

The SuperValu and Microsoft Rewards can also reward you for hardware purchases, but Xbox rewards won't. So, if you're buying a Surface, an Xbox or peripherals directly from MS, you can still get 2x programs rewards for it.

The longer version of the process is in a piece we published here, but I figured that boardsies would prefer the details directly on Boards :D.

So I've. Been on to Microsoft chat about the rewards and they said
    George G
    As of the moment, Microsoft Rewards is currently only available in the US, GB, FR, DE, CA and AU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

So I've. Been on to Microsoft chat about the rewards and they said

The guy you were talking to is mistaken, I've been using it for a while now.
    Go here and the 3rd Q is:
    Q: Where is Microsoft Rewards available?
    A: Microsoft Rewards is now available in the US, France, Germany, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Singapore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dor83 wrote: »
    The guy you were talking to is mistaken, I've been using it for a while now.
    Go here and the 3rd Q is:
    Q: Where is Microsoft Rewards available?
    A: Microsoft Rewards is now available in the US, France, Germany, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Singapore.

Yeah, it only started a couple of months ago.

Microsoft are usually quite good (in my experience) at telephone support, but those guys can be quite behind the times when it comes to info. Always better off checking the website for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭colmufc

gamestop in limerick had the chatpads on sale last weekend 25quid i think down from 40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Same sh1te comes up with the play and charge kits. It shouldnt even show them if theyre not available. Stupid site :mad:

Same sh1te comes up with the play and charge kits. It shouldnt even show them if theyre not available. Stupid site :mad:

I had the same problem but then eventually managed to order a play and charge, I think it could be a broken link somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Has anyone been able to earn more than 10 points per day on MS Rewards? I had lots of 'activities' when I first signed in to make points but now they are all redeemed, I can only get 10 points each day by checking out the latest deals.
    At that rate, it would take me 2+ years to get enough points for a one month sub of game pass.

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to earn more than 10 points per day on MS Rewards? I had lots of 'activities' when I first signed in to make points but now they are all redeemed, I can only get 10 points each day by checking out the latest deals.
    At that rate, it would take me 2+ years to get enough points for a one month sub of game pass.

Yeah that's about all I can get, I don't even bother.

I have about 8k points I've been trying to redeem though from purchases etc, every order I've placed for a €5 Voucher has been cancelled and they can't tell me why :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah that's about all I can get, I don't even bother.

I have about 8k points I've been trying to redeem though from purchases etc, every order I've placed for a €5 Voucher has been cancelled and they can't tell me why :rolleyes:

Well thats a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Huh, I just noticed that they stopped the points for Bing searches. It all seems a bit pointless now.

Smyths are currently taking pre orders of the Gold Edition of Far Cry 5 for €69.99, €64.99 if ordered in store or for click & collect.

Great price considering this comes with the season pass which includes Far Cry 3 Classic.

Fyi GameStop currently have the Deluxe Edition listed for €69.99 and the Gold Edition for €89.99.

Also only €50 for the regular version pre order Sniper :)

Also only €50 for the regular version pre order Sniper :)

Worth the extra €15 for the Gold Edition though considering you also get an Xbox One native copy of Far Cry 3.

Worth the extra €15 for the Gold Edition though considering you also get an Xbox One native copy of Far Cry 3.

Absolutely, I pre ordered myself at 65, even though I haven't played Far Cry since 2, but 50 will appeal to others who just want the base game :)

www.buygamecredit.com have put up their transaction fees five fold when buying top ups with phone credit. The transaction fee was €0.49 and is now €2.49 per transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

www.buygamecredit.com have put up their transaction fees five fold when buying top ups with phone credit. The transaction fee was €0.49 and is now €2.49 per transaction.

f**k sake!! :(

• Advertisement

f**k sake!! :(

Makes the €20 top up a bit much, not as bad for the €25 one. All values above that can't be purchased with phone credit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement