Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

xpletiv wrote: »
    Might try Balbriggan this afternoon. None in greystones either (rang them)

Edit: Nope none there either. Both listedat 229.

Limerick still had a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Pretty okay deal in Gamestop. €279.99

1TB Xbox One S
    Far Cry 5 (preorder)
    Forza Horizon 3

AND 2 FROM:

Halo 5
    Gears of War - Ultimate Edition
    Dead Rising 4
    Minecraft

xpletiv wrote: »
    Might try Balbriggan this afternoon. None in greystones either (rang them)

Edit: Nope none there either. Both listedat 229.

Also noticed printed stickers in tesco yesterday that stated '€50 off - bring the console to the checkout'
    It was in both the PS and Xbox section.

Not sure what bundles or consoles it was linked to as I didn't bring one up but it might be worth asking and it might be store specific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Ya im pretty sure they are store specific; nothing of the 50 off in the stores I went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Where's the best place to get the X? Have a day one 500gb xb1 that I want to upgrade. Worth trading it in or just flog it privately? Also, i don't have a 4k tv so not sure if it's worth the upgrade. Performance boosts don't seem to be huge from what i've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭dunworth1

amadablam wrote: »
    Also noticed printed stickers in tesco yesterday that stated '€50 off - bring the console to the checkout'
    It was in both the PS and Xbox section.

Not sure what bundles or consoles it was linked to as I didn't bring one up but it might be worth asking and it might be store specific

Spotted in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Good deal in my opinion and better than Gamestop deal your getting two new titles instead of cheap worthless extra games.

Xbox One S 1TB Sea of Thieves, Halo 5 + Far Cry 5 for 279 at Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Haven't seen this posted anywhere so I guess this is the right place???

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is up for pre-order on the store. 10% discount on pre-orders before release on 11th April.

I've played this on PS and it's one of the most beautiful and immersive games I've ever played. It's not long, you're talking 4-6 hours I think, but worth every cent/minute.

I'll be buying it again for the One X, in support of the studio's excellent work, and to enjoy it all over again looking even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Xbox One 1TB PUBG Console + Forza 7 + Far Cry 5 259€ Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

dan786 wrote: »

Showing as 290euro online?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

dan786 wrote: »

Showing as 290euro online?..
    When you put the bundle together the price drops.

Faker74 wrote: »
    When you put the bundle together the price drops.

Yeah just realised that reserved it anyways.. Wonder would they swap out far cry for a ps4 version instead?..

How does PUBG run now on Xbox?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah just realised that reserved it anyways.. Wonder would they swap out far cry for a ps4 version instead?..

Better, but still a lot of work to be done.

What's best deal for getting Xbox live just bought that Argos deal.. does it come with 2 weeks membership already?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What's best deal for getting Xbox live just bought that Argos deal.. does it come with 2 weeks membership already?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360 €39.99 - less 5% discount if you like their F'book page.

GBX wrote: »

Nice one will buy that later then so cheers..

They wont as its part of a bundle but you will get 50 credit in game stop or €40 cash in CEX for Farcry 5 so you wont be out of pocket much Id say.

They wont as its part of a bundle but you will get 50 credit in game stop or €40 cash in CEX for Farcry 5 so you wont be out of pocket much Id say.

Ended up buying rainbox six siege for 22 and paying 40euro more for the gold edition on ps4.. Got 55 trade credit for it on xbox so paid extra 7euro for the gold edition ..

Also just to inform people if your level 3 you get 10% bonus trade credit with GameStop or 5% as level 1..

Cash trade value is 47.50 for far cry and 50 credit .. Or as level 3 member you can get like 53cash and 55 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Microsoft are doing 3 months for €7.99 At the moment down from a ridiculous price of €19.99. Think it might be just for expired accounts though so not sure if you had one previously

skerry wrote: »
    Microsoft are doing 3 months for €7.99 At the moment down from a ridiculous price of €19.99. Think it might be just for expired accounts though so not sure if you had one previously

Used the free month that came with console that will keep me going then I'll renew it afterwards..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Is the argos deal gone ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Is the argos deal gone ?

its still showing on their website so must be valid but you would get a quicker and more definitive answer, in one of their stores as the website seems to be experiencing issues today when you go to complete certain purchases

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Would it be worth it to put up a bargain request thread?

Anyway, where's the current price for a Xbox one controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

erkifino wrote: »

No but itd be worth taking a few seconds and using the search function

its still showing on their website so must be valid but you would get a quicker and more definitive answer, in one of their stores as the website seems to be experiencing issues today when you go to complete certain purchases

LINK

You also get 10euro voucher for Argos now, I bought mine 1 day before the voucher offer came back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Best I saw yesterday on a quick look was €49.99 in Smyths for the official controller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No but itd be worth taking a few seconds and using the search function

Really?

At the moment, Amazon have the v2 black one for just shy of £40 or about €46 :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Black/dp/B01L7PQBL8/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_acc_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1522319092&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox+one+controller&dpID=41bzs3JDRML&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

marcbrophy wrote: »

Black, White, Minecraft Green & Minecraft Pink in Smyths, all withthe 3.5mm jack (presume that's v2 ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Black, White, Minecraft Green & Minecraft Pink in Smyths, all withthe 3.5mm jack (presume that's v2 ?)

Yeah, that's the V2 alright.
    I think it has BT for connection to PC also!

Argos have them all at €49.99 at the mo too!

They even have a gorgeous red one :D

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6259886/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONTROLLER.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement