Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ^^^

That reminds me!

Got a digital TV tuner from the game collection the other day.
    £7.35 with the E3HANGOVER code and IE shipping.

Someone who wants Saorview or Freeview on the Xbox, might find it handy :)

https://www.thegamecollection.net/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner-xbox-one/

Think they're around that price in Dealz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Good call!
    I would not have thought to check dealz for xbox accessories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Are they actually in Dealz!?
    I'd nearly buy one if they were just to watch the world cup on RTE.

Yep. Picked up two for €15 I think at the end of April:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-tv-adaptor-5-instore-poundland-2926774

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

nicklauski wrote: »
    Are they actually in Dealz!?
    I'd nearly buy one if they were just to watch the world cup on RTE.

Just make sure you have an aerial first, they don't come with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just make sure you have an aerial first, they don't come with it!

Ah bollix to that so. I'll just buy an aerial for the tv at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

In case anyone still has the original 500gb Xbox. GameStop are doing that deal again where you trade in a 500gb console and two games, you get a 1tb Xbox One S for €69.99. Did this myself last year and then traded the S for the X a month later.

https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

In case anyone still has the original 500gb Xbox. GameStop are doing that deal again where you trade in a 500gb console and two games, you get a 1tb Xbox One S for €69.99. Did this myself last year and then traded the S for the X a month later.

Is there a list of games they would take for this offer?
    Also, did I read this right? The offer includes a 2 year old game, FH3?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

JoyPad wrote: »

Its any 2 games that ring in with a trade value at the till.

JoyPad wrote: »

A two year old game that you can trade in Na?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

sioda wrote: »
    Got a full refund from them today so happy out

Who did you get a refund from?

If the VPN set to Brazil for the XBox Live deal didnt work for you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Xbox One 1TB for 185GBP +2.99 Delivery

I think its 2.99 delivery, didnt register and couldnt be bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭wandererz

Is it only 500GB units that can be traded in or can 1TB units be traded in as well?

wandererz wrote: »
    Is it only 500GB units that can be traded in or can 1TB units be traded in as well?

It’s says 500gb but no harm in giving them a ring. You might get more of a deal. A dumb priest never got a parish as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit:

Free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/the-awesome-adventures-of-captain-spirit/c36fnwgm6pdc

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcPEPKn0c197s72Gpi2PALdpjUeN050VFHNMIQGFI0OU4HXBE4aZJiSRn2SEBLvW8QbtB62enU2sBj1gNzAC_tao2lhhzCd4CZi32aQ5UaGCyOoSh3MuPRLlsCyOHTnikxKxi12qibLZP0gBJFH.MdRdutG8LsFRauWdjlaW0OpLc-&w=200&h=300&format=jpg

Have you ever dreamt of being a superhero? Meet Chris, a creative and imaginative 10 year old boy who escapes reality with fantastical adventures, as his alter ego - the Awesome Captain Spirit!

Return to your childhood and play a touching and heart-warming one-of-a-kind narrative experience from the directors and development team behind the BAFTA award winning game Life is Strange.

Captain Spirit is a free demo set in the Life is Strange Universe that contains links to the brand new story & characters of Life is Strange 2.

Key Features:
    - An original narrative experience set in the Life is Strange universe
    - Play as Chris and his super-hero alter-ego, Captain Spirit
    - Complete a series of missions as Captain Spirit and discover secret content
    - Some choices and actions will link to your Life is Strange 2 experience

Darwin Project going free to play on July 4th for all you Battle Royale fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I know this was posted awhile back but its back in stock

https://www.zavvi.com/electronics/audio/ac-worldwide-halo-masterchief-bluetooth-nfc-speaker-life-size/11755397.html?

I used a discount code for first time orders that it ended up being just under €66.

A little birthday treat for myself/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

Moved some off topic 4K talk into the 4K thread here.

Please keep this thread to bargains.

CIAB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

CatInABox wrote: »
    MOD NOTE:

CIAB

Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CatInABox wrote: »
    MOD NOTE:

CIAB

Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 468 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Final fantasy XV Royal Edition €10 at Smyths.

No home delivery, just in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Final fantasy XV Royal Edition €10 at Smyths.

No home delivery, just in stores.

Was only thinking this morning of giving this a shot if it popped up in the sale tomorrow. Finished Nier and looking to fill that gap.

Anyone any opinions on the game, is it worth investing the time in? Reviews haven't been great as far as I can remember

skerry wrote: »
    Was only thinking this morning of giving this a shot if it popped up in the sale tomorrow. Finished Nier and looking to fill that gap.

Anyone any opinions on the game, is it worth investing the time in? Reviews haven't been great as far as I can remember

A lot of content and a big map, unfortunately most of the content is boring fetch quests and the map is sparsely populated. You spend more time in your car listening to music from older, better FF games than actually playing.

A lot of content and a big map, unfortunately most of the content is boring fetch quests and the map is sparsely populated. You spend more time in your car listening to music from older, better FF games than actually playing.

Hmmm, might give it a whirl out of curiosity if I can make it into a Smyths before its sold out, which is probably unlikely as there is none where I live

Guys bit of a daft question: If I buy xbox credit in somewhere like Smyths can that be used to purchase backward compatible Xbox 360 games as well as XBone stuff? I'm also wondering is the 360 stuff region locked so I can't pretend I'm Turkish and buy them for next to nothing?

Guys bit of a daft question: If I buy xbox credit in somewhere like Smyths can that be used to purchase backward compatible Xbox 360 games as well as XBone stuff? I'm also wondering is the 360 stuff region locked so I can't pretend I'm Turkish and buy them for next to nothing?

That credit can be used to buy Xbox 360 games, but only while using an Xbox 360. Purchases of Xbox 360 games from xbox.com and the Xbox One storefront require a payment card.

Xbox 360 games are region locked and can not be purchased digitally from other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Spotted this on dealsuk
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-xbox-gold-2650-xbox-store-uk-2989275
    Work over here?
    Works about 30€ for 12month gold

Doing 3 months game pass for 9.99 in MS store at the moment which is a great deal

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0005

Edit: think it might be just for new users though and won't stack to existing. Still great intro offer

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

honda boi wrote: »
    Spotted this on dealsuk
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-xbox-gold-2650-xbox-store-uk-2989275
    Work over here?
    Works about 30€ for 12month gold

It wouldn't let me order that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    It wouldn't let me order that

Same -

"You currently have a subscription from a different region. If it still doesn't work, please contact customer support."

It's €39.99 on the IE storefront for 12 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement