Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 468 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Seems to either be out of stock now or addressing the price. Can't add to basket.

Unfortunate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Seems to either be out of stock now or addressing the price. Can't add to basket.

I literally just bought 1 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Got stuff through PM from Currys UK before, royal pain in the ass. Had to change my address on my revolut and use a vpn before the order would go through.

Tried get a Google Home off them before, disaster altogether, not worth the hassle.

Hopefully pick up a PS4 on a Black Friday deal or something. At the price Gamestop and Cex charge for them second hand it wouldn't have been worth the hassle buying One S and messing around trading. Pretty sure they could be had for around €230 on Prime Day. Only want one for the odd exclusive I'd be interested in.

Alternatively, I'll await the mega PS4 glitch with baited breath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Unfortunate :(

Showing up as out of stock now. Fwiw the UK site has it listed as being on clearance, at £229.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Folks has anyone used MTC game for a digital download?

Looking to get madden and they are 20 quid cheaper, but wondering how legit they are

https://pricespy.ie/games-consoles/computer-video-games/xbox-one/madden-nfl-19-xbox-one--p4817093

• Advertisement

Folks has anyone used MTC game for a digital download?

Looking to get madden and they are 20 quid cheaper, but wondering how legit they are

https://pricespy.ie/games-consoles/computer-video-games/xbox-one/madden-nfl-19-xbox-one--p4817093

Never heard of them. They have an overall decent review on TrustPilot tho: https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.mtcgame.com

Some comments say they're foreign codes that are region locked :o

You could easily get it from the U.S xbox store if you didn't mind going that route, €52 before ea access discount. Just buy a $60 U.S gift card.

I use MTC game all the time for the Turkish gift card. No problems so far, so I'd say go ahead with it.

The Xbox arrived today, box is a little damaged but otherwise ok

Congrats on the XBox bargain lads...and fair play to Currys for not cancelling (never thought I'd write something good about Currys). Would have got one myself only I have one already (paid a hundred more for it though).

Congrats on the XBox bargain lads...and fair play to Currys for not cancelling (never thought I'd write something good about Currys). Would have got one myself only I have one already (paid a hundred more for it though).

I've been looking for a cheap xbox for a while now to use as a bd player/media box since Kodi became available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I think they've honoured it because it was a genuine clearance discount and not a misprice. It's still advertised online, albeit out of stock

I think they've honoured it because it was a genuine clearance discount and not a misprice. It's still advertised online, albeit out of stock

It wasn't a genuine clearance price.

I emailed Currys about the price and I was told it was an error in pricing and they took it down because of this. It is good that they honoured it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I've been looking for a cheap xbox for a while now to use as a bd player/media box since Kodi became available.

You can get kodi on the Xbox now??

SeanHarty wrote: »

Since January. Doesn't support external drives/usbs so all add ons need a url or be taken from the repository to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

SeanHarty wrote: »

Since January. Doesn't support external drives/usbs so all add ons need a url or be taken from the repository to install.

Sweet thanks I'll install it tonight so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Storm Island DLC is available for a fiver for those loving forza horizon 2 on games with gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

My controller fell and now won't sync, anyone see any deals lately?
    Iv just checked argos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

My controller fell and now won't sync, anyone see any deals lately?
    Iv just checked argos

Have you tried connecting it with a usb cable, then unplugging it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think around 40e on Amazon warehouse was best i could find recently, maybe little more after post

This is a serious bargain for anyone who doesn't own Telltale's The Walking Dead yet.

Pre-order the final season within the next 2 days or so and get the complete collection for free. Normally €60 on it's own.

That includes, Season 1, Season 2, New Frontier, 400 days and the Michonne Mini-Series.

All for just €24 from the Irish store here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/the-walking-dead-the-final-season-the-complete-season-pre-order/bpr94kq9jpdt?source=lp

Foreign Prices here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

TPD wrote: »
    Looks to be out of stock already. I have a feeling Curry's had a few One S's lying around with seals broken, possibly returns. A lot of people who got the Rocket League Deal said seals were broken. Find it hard to believe they made the same pricing error twice in a week and actually honored it (which is more unbelievable for currys). Great deal regardless though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This is a serious bargain for anyone who doesn't own Telltale's The Walking Dead yet.

Pre-order the final season within the next 2 days or so and get the complete collection for free. Normally €60 on it's own.

That includes, Season 1, Season 2, New Frontier, 400 days and the Michonne Mini-Series.

All for just €24 from the Irish store here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/the-walking-dead-the-final-season-the-complete-season-pre-order/bpr94kq9jpdt?source=lp

Foreign Prices here

Cheers Misky.

Strangely I can't preorder. The button is greyed out saying "Not Available", and when I scroll down, it pops up saying "This game is not compatible with your device".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Soarer wrote: »
    Cheers Misky.

Strangely I can't preorder. The button is greyed out saying "Not Available", and when I scroll down, it pops up saying "This game is not compatible with your device".

Mine is the same.

GBX wrote: »
    Mine is the same.

That can happen some times when ordering off the webstore on mobile. Try using the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Or if the app doesn't work, you might have to try on console :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just noticed Battlefield 1 Revolution is only 9 quid for Gold members, and am really tempted.

Is there a single player campaign of any note? Or is it all online? Presume it's very similar to the older games? I tend to grab battlefield games near the end of their cycles and get a bit of fun off the massive wars....

Lord TSC wrote:
    Is there a single player campaign of any note? Or is it all online? Presume it's very similar to the older games? I tend to grab battlefield games near the end of their cycles and get a bit of fun off the massive wars....

BF1 has a great single player campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The SP is pretty average but entertaining, MP is a blast though. I ended up playing it more than BF4 in the end, so refreshing to go back to such a generally tech-free era!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

The moment i realised i could come first in every game just by running from point to point was a sad day, the game never felt the same after that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement