Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looks like the company has no Xbox live left !!

Shenannigans!

they can run them off at the till. be interesting to see how this plays out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think they had a limited supply of Physical cards they were selling off

Ad doesn't specify that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I got an email saying the order was cancelled and would be refunded, then a minute later got another saying to ignore it and contained a 12 month live code. I ordered AC:Origins which hasn't been shipped yet so not sure exactly what is happening with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dor83 wrote: »
    I got an email saying the order was cancelled and would be refunded, then a minute later got another saying to ignore it and contained a 12 month live code. I ordered AC:Origins which hasn't been shipped yet so not sure exactly what is happening with that.

They emaied you a Live code after saying the order was cancelled :confused:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They emaied you a Live code after saying the order was cancelled :confused:

Yeah, it's a bit strange but the code they emailed me worked, not sure exactly what is happening with the game as it wasn't mentioned in either email.

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit strange but the code they emailed me worked, not sure exactly what is happening with the game as it wasn't mentioned in either email.

They probably just generated a code off the till system. Everyone will probably get their order fulfilled now as long as the games are in stock.

They probably just generated a code off the till system. Everyone will probably get their order fulfilled now as long as the games are in stock.

Yeah I'd imagine that's what happened, just strange that the two emails were only 1 minute apart and no mention of the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got an email yesterday saying the 12 month gold will be shipped today so hopefully get it by the end of the week.
    Wildlands arrived just this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Wildlands came for me via courier even though I selected free an post delivery, no complaints! No sign or email about Xbox live code whatsoever.

They always do that...if you select An Post free delivery it comes by Nightline. Another Gamestop "quirk".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

scottigael wrote: »
    Wildlands came for me via courier even though I selected free an post delivery, no complaints! No sign or email about Xbox live code whatsoever.

I got Wildlands this evening and an email yesterday about the code saying my order was processed and would be shipped shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nightline still has my game!
    It say delay in the consignment notes :(

I just got the physical copy xbox code delivered to my workplace.
    I still haven't received the game, which is on a van heading to my home address!

What a cluster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Nightline delivered Wildlands Deluxe Edition this morning and the Postie just delivered 12 months + 1 bonus month card.
    Happy days :D

Nightline delivered Wildlands Deluxe Edition this morning and the Postie just delivered 12 months + 1 bonus month card.
    Happy days :D

OOH! Mines a 13 month card too! :D

Edit: Just redeemed it there about 5:45 and got another free month by turning on recurring billing. So that's 14 months for €15 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

GameStop website has Far Cry 5 Gold Edition (comes with season pass) for €40. Probably a misprice as it’s same price as the standard edition and you’d usually be talking €20 more for the Gold Edition.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/63588/far-cry-5-gold-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got the code today, still waiting for game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Received the two 12+1 lives by post this morning and one of the games by courier this afternoon. Great deal.

The Xbox one S with Forza Horizons 3 (plus expansion), COD WW II and 26 months Live for €163. Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

marcbrophy wrote: »
    OOH! Mines a 13 month card too! :D

Edit: Just redeemed it there about 5:45 and got another free month by turning on recurring billing. So that's 14 months for €15 :pac:

Great deal, I did wildlands and COD, 28 months for 28euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got the code today, still waiting for game.

Other way around for myself. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got the code today also by post and still waiting on the game. Still in Waterford supposedly according to tracking and I'm on the other side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ordered Monday. Code arrived yesterday (Titanfall 1 13 month version), Origins arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Couldn't get those codes working for love nor money
    Contacted Microsoft and your man said codes are now region locked and it doesn't matter if you change your region
    I tried a bunch of vpns and no joy
    I eventually contacted Amazon and they gave me my money back.
    Not sure if the codes I still have are cancelled

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Couldn't get those codes working for love nor money
    Contacted Microsoft and your man said codes are now region locked and it doesn't matter if you change your region
    I tried a bunch of vpns and no joy
    I eventually contacted Amazon and they gave me my money back.
    Not sure if the codes I still have are cancelled

But you redeemed Live from Amazon a few weeks ago didn't you? So hard to see how it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

But you redeemed Live from Amazon a few weeks ago didn't you? So hard to see how it's not working.

That's what I'm referring to
    Xbox live gold
    Couldn't get it to redeem

Asus X540L wrote: »
    That's what I'm referring to
    Xbox live gold
    Couldn't get it to redeem

If you want to PM me the code I can try redeeming it on my account (I won't actually redeem it, just go as far as seeing of its valid) and then you'll know if it's just an issue with your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Game arrived yesterday and and Live 12 Mths + 1 arrived this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well I received Wildlands this evening. I will trade it in to CEX one of the days. €15 for 13 months Xbox live is pretty damn cheap, cheapest I ever paid anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well I received Wildlands this evening. I will trade it in to CEX one of the days. €15 for 13 months Xbox live is pretty damn cheap, cheapest I ever paid anyway.

I'd say trade it in sooner rather than later, to be honest. CEX must be inundated with the stuff by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd say trade it in sooner rather than later, to be honest. CEX must be inundated with the stuff by now.

Just had a look, before I traded mine in 2 days ago there was maybe 10-15 available in all stores, now there is close to 60

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement