Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Can't find the code with any game now. Is it still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

AC:Origins arrived today(ordered last Saturday) and had a code for 12 months gold printed off from the till with it, I already received an email with a code so I ended up getting two 12 month codes and AC for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got the Curry's Xbox one s deal a few weeks back, then got this live deal when I bought wildlands twice

Sold the controller to a friend for €25, then sold my old console to cex for €107 and the 2 games, so I got a new console and 26 months of Xbox live for €23 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know when the gamestop Xbox X deal is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the gamestop Xbox X deal is over?

September 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hococop wrote: »
    Any good?

I highly doubt you'll get anything close to comparable for that price to be honest.

Good few here bought the LS30 last year and all had positive things to say so I'm chancing them for the €18.50.

Are you guys using Parcel Motel? Because the last time I tried buying from Argos on eBay and gave the PM address they kept cancelling my order.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I highly doubt you'll get anything close to comparable for that price to be honest.

Good few here bought the LS30 last year and all had positive things to say so I'm chancing them for the €18.50.

Try to add buy won't let me, will it ship to Ireland or do I have to do parc motel/addresspal

• Advertisement

Are you guys using Parcel Motel? Because the last time I tried buying from Argos on eBay and gave the PM address they kept cancelling my order.

Had the same issue last time I tried to order from Argos UK. Pretty sure I paid with PayPal and used my PM address last time as well.

Have given it another go, will see what happens.

Yea got cancelled this morning. I thought I had ordered something from them before and had it delivered no problem :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Yea got cancelled this morning. I thought I had ordered something from them before and had it delivered no problem :confused:
    Have definitely ordered from them in the past using PM no bother but maybe they are clamping down on Irish sales from UK Argos to restrict us plebs to paying the 'Irish' prices from Argos.ie.

Have you tried pay with Paypal/ Revolut?

skerry wrote: »
    Have definitely ordered from them in the past using PM no bother but maybe they are clamping down on Irish sales from UK Argos to restrict us plebs to paying the 'Irish' prices from Argos.ie.

Have you tried pay with Paypal/ Revolut?

Yea used PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Addresspal from AnPost might be a PM alternative since they've got a hub in London rather than NI

They cancelled an order to AddressPal from me last month as well (after they cancelled the order with the PM address).

I've tried Parcel Wizard as a last throw of the dice. Have already had an order with PM cancelled.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've tried Parcel Wizard as a last throw of the dice. Have already had an order with PM cancelled.

PW order cancelled as well. I contacted them, and they obviously have all these mail forwarding addresses blacklisted for some reason.

Stupid thing is that after looking at reviews of them, I decided I wanted them since I'm not overly happy with my HyperX Cloud Stingers. Have gone and ordered them on Amazon now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Addresspal order of this was cancelled this morning as well, they're on the ball with this unfortunately doesnt seem to be a workaround for us poor paddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I spoke to them, Argos, last week on the phone and they said that every order with a parcel motel type service will be cancelled during processing and this is a directive from senior management.

Reason cited is the inability to track packages beyond the receiving depot, which is understandable

A polite way of say that either a lot of packages were going missing or a lot of people abused the service by claiming that packages went missing

Its only a matter of time before Amazon and the rest, follow suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hopefully the likes of Amazon put something in place for us when Brexit gets sorted to have no need for the forwarding services.

GBX wrote: »
    Hopefully the likes of Amazon put something in place for us when Brexit gets sorted to have no need for the forwarding services.

They're building a distribution centre in south Dublin atm. Expect the http://amazon.ie domain to actually become a website instead of a url redirect to Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

They're building a distribution centre in south Dublin atm. Expect the http://amazon.ie domain to actually become a website instead of a url redirect to Amazon UK.

You can also expect the prices to go up as they'll be in euro with the usual paddy tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Where are they building it? I know they are building a data center in the Belgard Road, but never knew about a distribution center.

nava wrote: »
    Where are they building it? I know they are building a data center in the Belgard Road, but never knew about a distribution center.

I'm not sure, I've only heard they're building a distribution centre. As for the data centre Amazon already have a few of them dotted around the city and are nearly always increasing their capacity for AWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

sugarman wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Unity - 39c from CDKeys.

Cant go wrong for that price. It got fairly slatted upon release but apparently with the updates that followed its a decent enough play.

It really really really isn’t. They took everything that was fun or interesting from the previous games and removed it from Unity. Free is too expensive for this turd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

For 39c how bad can it be.
    Even if it's brutal, not even the price of a packet of Meanies.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Selective xbox controllers half price from 29.99-32.50 plus free Rare replay game(level 3 members)

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?promotion=3395

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

johnf26 wrote: »
    Selective xbox controllers half price from 29.99-32.50 plus free Rare replay game

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?promotion=3395

price error? back to 60e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement