Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone had as issues with game.co.uk on here? Looking at those xbox deals and thinking of going parcel.motel but would be interested to hear of any experiences. Cheers.

Don't use Parcel Motel, use Wizard instead as it is an oversize package.

You must have a UK billing address that matches your shipping address. This can be done by changing your address temporarily in the Revolut app or by calling your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone had as issues with game.co.uk on here? Looking at those xbox deals and thinking of going parcel.motel but would be interested to hear of any experiences. Cheers.

Used Parcel Motel for a few orders over the last year, including 2 PS4 Pros and Xbox One X and S , no issues. It will not be oversize as Game UK have their own branded boxes for consoles and they fit perfectly in large PM lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xbox One X, BLOPs 4, RDR2 and PUBG for £410 on Amazon.

Xbox One X PUBG + Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition + Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Exclusive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JKKD8D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8XxZBbBPJ39BH

One X, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4 and RDR2 for £399.

Xbox One X Forza Horizon 4 + Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JJZ4J4J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_04xZBbS53V6WT

Also an option for a 1TB One S with either FH4 or Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Odyssey and RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

TitianGerm wrote: »

Xbox One X PUBG + Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition + Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Exclusive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JKKD8D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8XxZBbBPJ39BH

Also an option for a 1TB One S with either FH4 or Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Odyssey and RDR2.

One S deal can be also got with Minecraft, Fortnite and 2 Controllers bundle.

Also worth noting that the X comes with RDR2 Special Edition which sells at £74.99 alone.

dan786 wrote: »
    One S deal can be also got with Minecraft, Fortnite and 2 Controllers bundle.

Also worth noting that the X comes with RDR2 Special Edition which sells at £74.99 alone.

Yea saw that alright. There's an option for two controllers and no Forza in the One S bundle as well but with RDR2.

Seems to be a good few different ones available at the minute so no harm looking to see if something suits you better.

If you'd no interest in RDR2 or BLOPs 4 you'd easily get €100+ between the two games so you'd be getting a very cheap console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TitianGerm wrote: »

One X, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4 and RDR2 for £399.

Xbox One X Forza Horizon 4 + Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JJZ4J4J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_04xZBbS53V6WT

So much want for that first deal. Really want RDR and BLOPs4. Special Edition means nothing to me.

But would it be any cheaper on Black Friday...?

So much want for that first deal. Really want RDR and BLOPs4. Special Edition means nothing to me.

But would it be any cheaper on Black Friday...?

It's hard to see it to be honest. Maybe a few pounds or different games included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This Gamestop bundle caught my eye.

XboxOneX_ForzaH4_RDR2_Bundle.jpg

Is this similar to the PS4 Pro deal a while back? Trade in the console plus two games + €200 and get all of that? As I sit here looking at my noisy four old PS4, that seems too good to turn down at this stage.

Any chance they would accept two copies of Disgaea 5 on the Switch? (don't ask! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pac1Man wrote: »

Is this similar to the PS4 Pro deal a while back? Trade in the console plus two games + €200 and get all of that? As I sit here looking at my noisy four old PS4, that seems too good to turn down at this stage.

Any chance they would accept two copies of Disgaea 5 on the Switch? (don't ask! :D)

It's two select games. Iirc not having 2 knocks the trade value by €50, costing €250 instead. Not 100% sure with that though.

I don't think they were taking multiples of the same game the last time.

• Advertisement

Ah dammit. I'll give them a call in the morning to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Would go for that but don't have the two select games as I have been buying digitally recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm seriously considering that deal. Maybe it's time for me to say farewell to my original XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I bought an Xbox about 10 months ago and it's been used as a Netflix box for my bedroom and even I'm tempted by that knowing I wouldn't use it!

Think I have a problem!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tempted by that offer, have a PS4 that's gathering dust. What's a select game?

Don't know for sure but I imagine it is from this list:

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I just bought the Fifa 19 One X bundle, thats a much better offer though. Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I bought an Xbox about 10 months ago and it's been used as a Netflix box for my bedroom and even I'm tempted by that knowing I wouldn't use it!

Think I have a problem!

New console feeling is so good. Just that hour between taking home & setting it up haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Thats a cracking deal. any list of what games can be traded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

KingJamsie wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote: »

Think I have a problem!

New console feeling is so good. Just that hour between taking home & setting it up haha

Yup but the misses might not be happy seeing as I have a pro in the sitting room ha

Pulled the trigger on the PUBG/RDR2/BLOPs4 bundle. Too could to turn down. Am just starting a new job so am treating myself to a whopper 4K TV on Black Friday, so have to make the most of it!

What to people here think I could get selling on an original Day One 2013 XB1? Has a controller with a bit of joystick drift I'm trying to fix, ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What to people here think I could get selling on an original Day One 2013 XB1? Has a controller with a bit of joystick drift I'm trying to fix, ha.

CeX 104 cash. Unless you wanna chance selling it on adverts but who in their right mind would buy one of them now there's such good S deals out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

The game list is on their website https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer, that One X deal is a cracker! I done an upgrade with them at launch and it was 300 with trade-in as far as i remember!

I asked this in the RDR thread but perhaps more seasoned One X users might be a better font of knowledge.

I have a One X and RDR2 on the way. I'm currently changing jobs, on gardening leave and not back in work until November 11th at work. I won't have a 4K TV until after Black Friday. Do I:

a) just play the **** out of it on my current TV while I'm off?

or

b) wait for all dat 4K glory but not be able to play as relentlessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

I asked this in the RDR thread but perhaps more seasoned One X users might be a better font of knowledge.

I have a One X and RDR2 on the way. I'm currently changing jobs, on gardening leave and not back in work until November 11th at work. I won't have a 4K TV until after Black Friday. Do I:

or

Just play the game when you get it. It should run better on the One X even without the 4K TV. Added bonus that you will then be able to see dynamic horse testicles twice as clearly when you get the 4K TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

or

This truly is one of life's most difficult decisions :)

*As long as you have a decent 1080p TV the One X will downsampled the picture to 1080p for a cleaner image and better performance than the standard Xbox.

Can anyone lend you a 4K TV or possibly rent one for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Anyone buying a console through amazon, you can use the £9.99 code for the 3 month Xbox live against the buy 3 months get 3 free offer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone buying a console through amazon, you can use the £9.99 code for the 3 month Xbox live against the buy 3 months get 3 free offer

got 7 mths for 11ish, not bad at all. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Their eligible games list definitely seems more strict than previously. Used to be a bunch of €15 games(got bo4 for about €32 through it)...can't see any under €30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

I am not able to use it in 3+3 offer

Edit: just checked now, seems working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,616 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement