Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Hey Folks,

Was just browsing the marketplace and saw the Titanfall Deluxe Edition and it was for sale €12.50

Is there any of the US store work around stuff that has to be done with this purchase? I'd prefer to avoid that if I can since I haven't done it before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Is there any of the US store work around stuff that has to be done with this purchase? I'd prefer to avoid that if I can since I haven't done it before.

No, that's in the Irish market. Just purchase away.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No thats the Irish price. Hell of a deal for one of the best competitive shooters around :)

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, that's in the Irish market. Just purchase away.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    No thats the Irish price. Hell of a deal for one of the best competitive shooters around :)

Lovely stuff. Was thinking of skipping Titanfall and just picking up COD but can't leave it behind me at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,885 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Just bought Shadow of Mordor for €24 using the US site.
    Unreal value as its a brilliant game for those that dont have it
    which site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

km79 wrote: »
    same
    I'm trying to buy the ea access game pack for 24.99 too
    I've registered but can't find link to purchase games ?

I don't know if it's been answered for you KM. But once you buy the ea access and go into the Ea Access app. The games are there. If you go to The Vault, they are all the free games, simply click which one you want and it should start downloading.

Trying to buy that Titanfall deal off the xbox site but when I try to add my credit card, it's only giving me US billing options, like I can only pick US states, not counties. Any ideas how I rectify this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Trying to buy that Titanfall deal off the xbox site but when I try to add my credit card, it's only giving me US billing options, like I can only pick US states, not counties. Any ideas how I rectify this?

When you go on to Xbox.com, what region does it say down the bottom of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I picked up Titan Fall Deluxe for 12.50e after buying 13 months of Xbox Live for 35e but still have no Xbox One yet:D:o
    That might change this evening! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I picked up Titan Fall Deluxe for 12.50e after buying 13 months of Xbox Live for 35e but still have no Xbox One yet:D:o
    That might change this evening! ;)

Haha I like your shtyle! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

500GB is ok for about 8-15 games (depending on the size of game).

8-15 games is unlikely. If you're talking physical copies of the games then it might be possible (even though every game will have update downloads of a couple of gigs followed by DLC of a couple of gigs).

I have 3 games and 40% is gone.

Just bought a digital copy of Titanfall so i fully expect to lose another odd 20% on that too.

I think Microsoft screwed the pooch shipping with only 500GB, especially considering the minimal cost of larger HDDs.

CatInABox wrote: »
    When you go on to Xbox.com, what region does it say down the bottom of the site?

Ah ya, it was on US alright for some reason sorted now, thanks. $12.50 on the US site but I think I can live with the €2 extra...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couple of decent deals in Argos. Metro Redux for €28.99 and Alien Isolation for €38.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

nicklauski wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been answered for you KM. But once you buy the ea access and go into the Ea Access app. The games are there. If you go to The Vault, they are all the free games, simply click which one you want and it should start downloading.

I have signed up for the news letter I think not the access
    I don't have Xbox one yet so not sure I can as it says to go to Xbox one homestore?
    by the sounds of things I better not download many more games anyway or I'll have no memory left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

martomcg wrote: »
    8-15 games is unlikely. If you're talking physical copies of the games then it might be possible (even though every game will have update downloads of a couple of gigs followed by DLC of a couple of gigs).

I have 3 games and 40% is gone.

Just bought a digital copy of Titanfall so i fully expect to lose another odd 20% on that too.

I think Microsoft screwed the pooch shipping with only 500GB, especially considering the minimal cost of larger HDDs.

Is it possible to plug in an external HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Carroller wrote: »
    Is it possible to plug in an external HDD?

Yes minimum 256gb usb3.0

km79 wrote: »
    I have signed up for the news letter I think not the access
    I don't have Xbox one yet so not sure I can as it says to go to Xbox one homestore?
    by the sounds of things I better not download many more games anyway or I'll have no memory left!

Yeah you can only do it through the actual xbox one console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

soap1978 wrote: »
    why is that,my son is getting one for xmas 500gb,i thought that would last a long time?

500gb is grand, you can just delete old games and re-downland them whenever you want. You'll hold about 10-12 full size games with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads I got titanfall free with my One as a digital download, if I purchased the season pass from the U.S. Store will it work with the EU version of the game?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lads I got titanfall free with my One as a digital download, if I purchased the season pass from the U.S. Store will it work with the EU version of the game?

Should do. Season pass is only 6.25 in the irish store anyway though.

• Advertisement

Yup it will work, I bought it from U.S store and I'm sure I got base game from Irish store!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks lads think I'll pick up the walking dead bundle as well while I'm at it!

Thanks lads think I'll pick up the walking dead bundle as well while I'm at it!

Got it today myself! Played Season 1 already on PC but such a good game going to play it again as well as Season 2 on xbox, more achievements :D

Shadow of Mordor is last game catching my eye with good price at the moment! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Got it today myself! Played Season 1 already on PC but such a good game going to play it again as well as Season 2 on xbox, more achievements :D

Shadow of Mordor is last game catching my eye with good price at the moment! :cool:

I'm paid today, seriously considering picking up Shadow of Mordor myself, even though It could easily be february before I play it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

which site?

US xbox store, i changed the region on my xbox

US xbox store, i changed the region on my xbox

Did it work for you straight tru the xbox one? I've had to use xbox.com vpn job past couple of weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did it work for you straight tru the xbox one? I've had to use xbox.com vpn job past couple of weeks...

I had to buy us credit for the account, wouldnt accept my credit card
    Works fine when i redeem the credit thankfully

I had to buy us credit for the account, wouldnt accept my credit card
    Works fine when i redeem the credit thankfully

Oh right ok so works away with U.S microsoft credit but not credit/debit cards. Kk good to know thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Stupid question. (I'm new to Xbox)
    I have hard copies of FIFA 15 and forza BUT how come when there installed on the console I still need the disc inserted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Stupid question. (I'm new to Xbox)
    I have hard copies of FIFA 15 and forza BUT how come when there installed on the console I still need the disc inserted?

As its to make sure you own the game EG licensing it just reads the disc on start up to see if it is said game and runs from the HD after.

Its just basic DRM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement