Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm getting the same as sniper.
    Maybe I have to use the 14 day trial first?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Can these 6 month vouchers be stacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

adox wrote: »

Yep :) unless something has drastically changed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

adox wrote: »
    Bought two of them and stacked them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same as sniper.
    Maybe I have to use the 14 day trial first?

Same as myself, 14 day trial, but I do get a 1 month offer for €1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What do you get at this link? It's showing 50% off for me there, but everything up to there was "1 Month for €1".

Fecks sake. The perils of being a mod without coffee, I just accidentally edited your post Hurrache, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

CatInABox wrote: »
    What do you get at this link? It's showing 50% off for me there, but everything up to there was "1 Month for €1".

Fecks sake. The perils of being a mod without coffee, I just accidentally edited your post Hurrache, sorry!

All is see is the €1 option there too. I got the offer a few days ago through the console though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Legend, thanks. Been trying to find this 6 month option for a few days now, your link worked for me finally.

I see the 14 months trial, and €1 month offer. Might be because I never had Gamespass before and the offer is for existing or previous members as that's all I get when signed out too.

Tut tut, who watches the watchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Hurrache wrote: »
    I see the 14 months trial, and €1 month offer. Might be because I never had Gamespass before and the offer is for existing or previous members as that's all I get when signed out too.

Like yourself, I've been trying to get it the last few days as well but all I could see was the 14 day trial and the 1 month options. When I clicked 'Get' on the trial though, it brought me through to the 6 month option at 50% off. Might work for you if you haven't tried it?

• Advertisement

Haven't tried that yet, sounds good. I'm trying to work it around kids and Christmas holidays to get my moneys worth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The Legacy pack for Hitman 2 is free right now, don't know if it's meant to be free, I thought that you had to own the originals first.

Hmm.. This lets you play all the original levels in Hitman 2, without actually owning Hitman 2. Definitely an error, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    Yoink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Legacy pack for Hitman 2 is free right now, don't know if it's meant to be free, I thought that you had to own the originals first.

Hmm.. This lets you play all the original levels in Hitman 2, without actually owning Hitman 2. Definitely an error, I think.

While the Legacy pack does include an installation of Hitman 2 - Prologue, the full version of Hitman 2 is required as the Legacy pack does not proved a licence to run it.

While the Legacy pack does include an installation of Hitman 2 - Prologue, the full version of Hitman 2 is required as the Legacy pack does not proved a licence to run it.

Yeah, but it does let you play all of Hitman 1 on it, which is handy if you don't own it or have it through Game Pass

Yeah, but it does let you play all of Hitman 1 on it, which is handy if you don't own it or have it through Game Pass

It could be due to the game not being out until tomorrow, but it redirects me to buy Hitman 2 upon trying to run it as opposed to stating that I am too early.

It worked fine when I inserted a disc copy of Hitman 2.

The rest of the locations are separate installs. The Prologue Edition just contains the tutorial mission, which is identical to the Intro pack from Hitman 1.

It could be due to the game not being out until tomorrow, but it redirects me to buy Hitman 2 upon trying to run it as opposed to stating that I am too early.

It worked fine when I inserted a disc copy of Hitman 2.

The rest of the locations are separate installs. The Prologue Edition just contains the tutorial mission, which is identical to the Intro pack from Hitman 1.

Weird. I started it up there no problem, powered through tutorial, and then it asked if I wanted to play from the beginning (i.e. Hitman 1) or continue the story (i.e. Hitman 2). It allowed me to start up Sapienza and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Did anybody get the free month game pass code that you were meant to receive for buying a month of game pass and paying with PayPal?

Did anybody get the free month game pass code that you were meant to receive for buying a month of game pass and paying with PayPal?

Didn't receive an Xbox message about it like it stated, but my subscription was extended by the extra month.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

This doesnt work for me either, even clicking on the month trial all it offers me is 9.99 per month not even the 1 euro per month. Wrecking my head this 30 euro 6 months thing! When I click on buy as gift I get 6 months at 60 euro so thats not deal. Wonder why some accounts are able to get it and others not. I cancelled my xbox game pass monthly subscription but for some reason I'm going to be billed 10 euro on the 20th of november (when it ends) and then not have access to the games despite having paid? Anyone know why its charging me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

scottigael wrote: »
    This doesnt work for me either, even clicking on the month trial all it offers me is 9.99 per month not even the 1 euro per month. Wrecking my head this 30 euro 6 months thing! When I click on buy as gift I get 6 months at 60 euro so thats not deal. Wonder why some accounts are able to get it and others not. I cancelled my xbox game pass monthly subscription but for some reason I'm going to be billed 10 euro on the 20th of november (when it ends) and then not have access to the games despite having paid? Anyone know why its charging me?

Open a chat with MS customer support as they will probably be the only ones that can give you a definitive answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,469 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How likely are there to be Black Friday deals on XBOX One X console next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

murpho999 wrote: »

I'd say it's fairly likely. MS themselves have some black Friday offers up already, saw it on HotUKDeals but mostly just discounts on controllers and small discount on bundles.

Amazon would be your best bet I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Xbox One X drops to $399 in Microsoft’s Black Friday deals

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/10/18083294/xbox-one-x-black-friday-deal-microsoft
    • The Xbox One X will be offered for $399.99. Normally it goes for $499.
    • The Xbox One S Minecraft Creators Bundle is discounted by $100.
    • Other console bundles (including Forza Horizon 4) get a $70 discount.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/11/18084990/black-friday-deals-2018-cyber-monday-deals-2018-xbox-one-microsoft-store

Not sure if something similar will be done here

hellboy99 wrote: »

OK, great.

A €100 discount would probably make me upgrade.

I'll keep an eye on MS website as well as Gamestop, Smyths and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Holding off game pass until crackdown 3
    Have forza 4 in disc so no need for it
    Pissed I bought it mind you now that I could have gotten game pass dirt cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Hoping for some discounts on the console bundles after midnight for Fallout 76 release.

dan786 wrote: »
    Hoping for some discounts on the console bundles after midnight for Fallout 76 release.

Why would you expect anything more than a console with the game and no major discount?

Really think the Black Friday deals will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Why would you expect anything more than a console with the game and no major discount?

Really think the Black Friday deals will be better.

Picked up a Xbox One with Forza Horizon 4 , Forza 7, Fifa 19 and RDR2 for 439 when RDR2 came out two weeks ago. Ended up selling those games for 150 and got the Xbox One X for 290. I dont expect it to get any cheaper than that for Black Friday, its all hyped up stuff.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Picked up a Xbox One with Forza Horizon 4 , Forza 7, Fifa 19 and RDR2 for 439 when RDR2 came out two weeks ago. Ended up selling those games for 150 and got the Xbox One X for 290. I dont expect it to get any cheaper than that for Black Friday, its all hyped up stuff.

Seems very convoluted and then you're left with an Xbox from what I can see?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement