Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Soarer wrote: »
    Would an elite controller help the kid playing Fortnite?

not sure how much help is needed but all it will do with allow custom mapping of the buttons and the addition of paddles to be mapped for added control and the app will allow you fine tune the thumbstick sensitivity, etc plus you can change the style of thumbstick.

If said kid is pretty good and needs a competitive edge in games but is willing to set up the above to gain it, then the controller might make them a bit more competitive.

It doesnt have macro abilities or at least I dont know of them.

But if they are not doing great as it is, it wont perform miracle but will look pretty cool and its 'elite' :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, the elite (and other "pro" controller) are really for people who are already really good and want that little bit extra.

They're very well made*, and have a great premium feel, but unless you're already good, they won't change much.

*Apart from the grips, which eventually react with the heat of your hands, and fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, the elite (and other "pro" controller) are really for people who are already really good and want that little bit extra.

They're very well made*, and have a great premium feel, but unless you're already good, they won't change much.

*Apart from the grips, which eventually react with the heat of your hands, and fall off.

100%

Went through 3 Elites before they stopped replace them for me, bumpers once and grips twice.

The thing sits sadly on the shelf now with the grips half off, such as shame as it really is a lovely controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

100%

Went through 3 Elites before they stopped replace them for me, bumpers once and grips twice.

The thing sits sadly on the shelf now with the grips half off, such as shame as it really is a lovely controller.

You can put a set of Scuff grips or other 3rd party ones on pretty easily if you still want to use the controller. it wont erase the fact that you have to purchase them at additional cost but at least you can use it/

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheers lads.

He's pretty good as it is. His fingers are a blur when he's playing, so I was thinking that customisable buttons might progress him further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

amadablam wrote: »
    You can put a set of Scuff grips or other 3rd party ones on pretty easily if you still want to use the controller. it wont erase the fact that you have to purchase them at additional cost but at least you can use it/

LINK

Appreciate the link, amadablam!

I had read about these last year when my controller broke but they had no availability, completely forgot about them.

Have ordered the grips, maybe i'll be able to reclaim my controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Appreciate the link, amadablam!

I had read about these last year when my controller broke but they had no availability, completely forgot about them.

Have ordered the grips, maybe i'll be able to reclaim my controller.
    I ordered them just there too, at half price! Grand job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

videos on youtube "fortnite xbox elite controller settings"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One X with Forza 6 and Horizon 4 for €339 + postage. Can also get a Fallout 76 or Tomb Raider bundle for the same price.

https://www.amazon.fr/Pack-Xbox-One-Horizon-Motorsport/dp/B07GPM1FH8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

TitianGerm wrote:
    One X with Forza 6 and Horizon 4 for €339 + postage. Can also get a Fallout 76 or Tomb Raider bundle for the same price.

Wow some price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. If you own BF4 or BF1, you can get BFV for 35eu. It live now until 20th. I am kind of on a fence with this one.
    I burned out of Fortnite and will skip this season. Then I am playing madly Crossout. Mutant year zero came up too. So I wonder if I will have enough time, but it would be nice to have some shooter on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lads. If you own BF4 or BF1, you can get BFV for 35eu. It live now until 20th. I am kind of on a fence with this one.
    I burned out of Fortnite and will skip this season. Then I am playing madly Crossout. Mutant year zero came up too. So I wonder if I will have enough time, but it would be nice to have some shooter on the side.

Go for it, and we have a game at some stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Go for it, and we have a game at some stage :D

If you are as good at BF5 as you are in Forza, then you should pay me for playing with you and babysit you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Are you the Earl Woods of Fortnite? The Richard Williams? (Venus and Serena's father)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

12 months game pass for about €53 not bad at all https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC?ref_=pe_2220451_75177241

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

12 months game pass for about €53 not bad at all https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC?ref_=pe_2220451_75177241

I cannot get this to work. What am I doing wrong lads? I have a UK address linked to my Amazon account. I have selected it as my default address but every time of go to buy this I am getting "we have noticed you are shopping from ROI and this item is not available".

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ZiabR wrote: »
    I cannot get this to work. What am I doing wrong lads? I have a UK address linked to my Amazon account. I have selected it as my default address but every time of go to buy this I am getting "we have noticed you are shopping from ROI and this item is not available".

Maybe it's your payment method. Have you tried using a revolut card or similar?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Maybe it's your payment method. Have you tried using a revolut card or similar?

My payment is via CC which is an Irish CC but I buy off Amazon UK all the time. It seems that the digital codes wont allow me to purchase. I don't have a revolut card. Its an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There is some geo restriction on them afaik. Maybe use a Parcel Motel/Wizard address just to complete this order. Its digital so should go through.

GBX wrote: »
    There is some geo restriction on them afaik. Maybe use a Parcel Motel/Wizard address just to complete this order. Its digital so should go through.

Yeah I have tried my Parcel Motel address and my UK An Post address and neither are working. Still says cannot be purchased. Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yeah I have tried my Parcel Motel address and my UK An Post address and neither are working. Still says cannot be purchased. Frustrating.

Delete any Irish address you have saved on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,610 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Battlefield 4 is available for a whopper 5 euro at the minute (if you XBox live member)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/battlefield-4/bp15sf17lh13?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Delete any Irish address you have saved on Amazon.

Got it to work! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

GBX wrote: »

That's exactly what I did just now and it seems to have gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Just seen on the Xbox Dashboard that there is 40% off 12 Month Xbox Live so its €35.99
    Sure its a little less with CD Keys but you can get some Reward points if you purchase it through the xbox instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Just seen on the Xbox Dashboard that there is 40% off 12 Month Xbox Live so its €35.99
    Sure its a little less with CD Keys but you can get some Reward points if you purchase it through the xbox instead ;)

So is that the same as a 12 month x-box game pass?

Jane98 wrote: »
    So is that the same as a 12 month x-box game pass?

How do you mean the same? 12 months Games Pass is about €55. This is Xbox Live for €35. They are two different services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fight Night Champion currently FREE in the Xbox store.

Looks and plays great on current gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Fight Night Champion currently FREE in the Xbox store.

Looks and plays great on current gen consoles.

€29.99 for me!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €29.99 for me!! :confused:

On the Xbox itself go to the game and press install.

Sorry, missed that step.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement