Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €29.99 for me!! :confused:

Had install free with Gold for me. It's not part of EA Access yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Had install free with Gold for me. It's not part of EA Access yet either.

It's a Free play days promo as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

erkifino wrote: »
    It's a Free play days promo as far as I know.
    I doubt it. The game is 8 years old. EA wouldn't be pushing to sell it now.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/the-fight-night-champion-video-game-is-currently-free-on-xbox-one

Good spot! I assume that it stays in my library even if my Gold sub ends like other 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Good spot! I assume that it stays in my library even if my Gold sub ends like other 360 games?

I'd assume so. The license most likely is linked to your Xbox account.

I didn't mention earlier but the multiplayer for this game is still alive and kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I doubt it. The game is 8 years old. EA wouldn't be pushing to sell it now.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/the-fight-night-champion-video-game-is-currently-free-on-xbox-one

When I went to get it it said:
    With Gold, play this game, or buy it to own.

I do hope I'm wrong and I've another game for the backlog...

Yeah I could install it but it wasn't added to my library. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Installed and able to play it. It's almost certainly in the EA Vault, which is probably why some of its can play it and some can't.

Great game. Supposed to be in work early and somehow ended up playing it until 2am ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hitman 2 was 25.99 euro for either PS4 and XB1 last night in ARGOS Ireland

Dont know if the offer is still going but reserved a copy very late last night and collected this morning first thing for €25.99

Its getting 32 cash for XB1 in Cex and 38 on PS4 if you buy it and dont like it.

Definitely worth a chance.

EDIT: Ignore the above, just checked the price and its gone back up to 38.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

amadablam wrote: »
    Hitman 2 was 25.99 euro for either PS4 and XB1 last night in ARGOS Ireland

Dont know if the offer is still going but reserved a copy very late last night and collected this morning first thing.

Its getting 32 cash for XB1 in Cex and 38 on PS4 if you buy it and dont like it.

Definitely worth a chance.

EDIT: Ignore the above, just checked the price and its gone back up to 38.99

I have it reserved will get it later, it should still be that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 468 ✭✭TetraSonic55

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I have it reserved will get it later, it should still be that price.

If you reserve an item at a lower price, but the price changes when you got to collect it, you pay the price on the day.

If you reserve an item at a lower price, but the price changes when you got to collect it, you pay the price on the day.

I've always paid the price I reserved it at, alwaysm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nope, you pay the price you reserved at.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 468 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Nope, you pay the price you reserved at.

Not for me it hasn't, I tried twice and they wouldn't give me the lower price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Didn't it change to this when home base bought out Argos?

sweetie wrote: »
    Didn't it change to this when home base bought out Argos?

Sainsbury's own Argos now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Only 2 weeks ago I reserved earphones for 25 down from 70 and when I collected them staff manually changed the price back to 25 after it went back up

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Seems to have changed alright: "Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items."

Maybe it depends on the staff/ manager you have.

Well I got my Hitman for €26, and any other time they've honoured the price, even a €800 TV I got for €550.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SteM

I think it's down to the margin on the item. I've gone up to buy something in the tallaght store and they've insisted they wouldn't sell at the lower price, only on the price that day. That was for a lego set.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    I think it's down to the margin on the item. I've gone up to buy something in the tallaght store and they've insisted they wouldn't sell at the lower price, only on the price that day. That was for a lego set.

Unlucky.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Unlucky.

Meh, probably for the best to be honest. The young lad has enough to be going on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Picked up two copies of Hitman for 25.99 each. They always honour the reservation price. I have had items which changed in price by over 200 euros and they still matched the email price.

showing as 38.99 now in arogs, still a decent price so I'll bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I had no email, just a PM from a fellow boardsie who had a spare res code, and the manager still gave it to me for €25.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I had no email, just a PM from a fellow boardsie who had a spare res code, and the manager still gave it to me for €25.99 :D

For anyone that missed out on the Hitman 2 deal in Argos, GameStop are selling the Gold Edition for €54.99. This includes the expansion pass which normally costs €39.99 by itself.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/69365/hitman-2-gold-edition-only-at-gamestop

Red Dead Redemption 2 is £45.50 on amazon if anyone is looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

COD BO4 34gbp on Amazon
    28gbp if you buy a 30 gift card and get 6gbp free promo credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if it's still available or not, but I got forza horizon 3 platinum plus for 35.99 a couple of days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement