Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Fight Night Champion currently FREE in the Xbox store.

Looks and plays great on current gen consoles.
    Has this stopped working for anyone else? Getting an error trying to launch it this morning.

Was enjoying playing it, but good luck EA getting €30 outta me for a 7 year old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Free Nintendo Labo kit worth 70 with Nintendo Switch at Gamestop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Red Dead 2 for €40, has anyone used this site before it seems to have got 4 stars on trustpilot

https://www.mtcgame.com/en-IE/xbox-games-us/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-games-us/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-games-us

Use it all the time for Turkish Xbox credit. Only once had a problem and they resolved it. Never bought a game directly from them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Was away on a business trip and got an email saying that Battlefield 5 Deluxe edition was 50% off for previous BF players but could only be redeemed through the console store before Dec 20th. Missed the date however got another email saying the discount was now available on the MS store, just picked it up for the equivalent of 35 Euro, happy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Was away on a business trip and got an email saying that Battlefield 5 Deluxe edition was 50% off for previous BF players but could only be redeemed through the console store before Dec 20th. Missed the date however got another email saying the discount was now available on the MS store, just picked it up for the equivalent of 35 Euro, happy enough!

I did the same, its actually alot of fun. It is pure battlefield. Not really sure where all of the hatred is coming from for it. I know they released a patch last week, maybe it fixed alot of issues from launch?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ZiabR wrote: »
    I did the same, its actually alot of fun. It is pure battlefield. Not really sure where all of the hatred is coming from for it. I know they released a patch last week, maybe it fixed alot of issues from launch?

Far as I know the hatred was mainly due to there being women in it or something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Santa is bringing me Battlefield instead of COD this year (I am alternating each year and I still play COD WW2 as i prefer non futuristic wall jumping ****e) so it better be good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Far as I know the hatred was mainly due to there being women in it or something. :pac:

Indeed, something about it breaking the historical accuracy or something. Now excuse me while I bunnyhop across the Rhine, 360 no-scoping fools while I'm at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yeah backlash started over that but the developer didn't help things and still not making things better

Apparently they left a load of stuff out of it as well and will add later (battle royal, main story etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah backlash started over that but the developer didn't help things and still not making things better

Apparently they left a load of stuff out of it as well and will add later (battle royal, main story etc)

BF Veterans for the most part dont want battle royal. There are already enough games trying to cash in on the PUBG model. The single player is there in its entirety. I have played every BF since the game first launched on PC all those years ago and I can tell you I don't want battle royal.

BF5 looks great, yes there are a few bugs and the menus are very slow, but the gameplay is solid. Nothing beats 32 Vs 32 on Conquest. Its fantastic fun with squads and some of the maps are jaw-droppingly beautiful.

For anyone sitting on the fence, wanting a casual FPS shooter to enjoy with mates, I would highly recommend BF5. That, and you can pick it up for €35. Its win, win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

km79 wrote: »
    Santa is bringing me Battlefield instead of COD this year (I am alternating each year and I still play COD WW2 as i prefer non futuristic wall jumping ****e) so it better be good

No wall running in this year's cod. And tbh, it's the best one in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Much prefered Blops 3 & 4 over bf1 & bf5, theyve won me back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I really enjoy battlefield in a group but tough going alone.

Cod is much more enjoyable as a lone ranger than BF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

No wall running in this year's cod. And tbh, it's the best one in years.

I was never a fan of the jet pack thingy COD were using the past few years, but I really liked BO3, even prefer it to 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition is £19.95 from The Game Collection. I think delivery is £2.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/divinity-original-sin-2-definitive-edition-xbox-one/?sqr=Divinity%202&

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Red Dead 2 for €40, has anyone used this site before it seems to have got 4 stars on trustpilot

https://www.mtcgame.com/en-IE/xbox-games-us/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-games-us/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-games-us

Does it matter if its US? Do they gift you the game or is it a key for xbox? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lamposts wrote: »
    Does it matter if its US? Do they gift you the game or is it a key for xbox? Thanks.

Yes. Gifted keys are region specific, not sure if switching region and then redeeming will work, should do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

ZiabR wrote: »
    BF Veterans for the most part dont want battle royal. There are already enough games trying to cash in on the PUBG model. The single player is there in its entirety. I have played every BF since the game first launched on PC all those years ago and I can tell you I don't want battle royal.

BF5 looks great, yes there are a few bugs and the menus are very slow, but the gameplay is solid. Nothing beats 32 Vs 32 on Conquest. Its fantastic fun with squads and some of the maps are jaw-droppingly beautiful.

For anyone sitting on the fence, wanting a casual FPS shooter to enjoy with mates, I would highly recommend BF5. That, and you can pick it up for €35. Its win, win.

Im actually looking forward to see how bf implement battle royal.. iv been playing it since bf2 days on the pc

CDKeys have a few things in their sale. Battle Field 5 and Forza Horion 4 for aobut €30 each.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CDKeys have a few things in their sale. Battle Field 5 and Forza Horion 4 for aobut €30 each.

I just got 3 months Xbox Live Gold for a tenner, seemed decent value. They also have 12 months for 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ARGOS - xbox wireless controller down in uk to £39.99 but mystery promo reducing to £29.99
    down to 48 euro here, tempted to see if its also reduced further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Sniper is there a date that these codes run out after? Good deal but with the games I picked up for the ps4 over the Christmas I wouldn't get around to using the Xbox for another few months I'd say

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Sniper is there a date that these codes run out after? Good deal but with the games I picked up for the ps4 over the Christmas I wouldn't get around to using the Xbox for another few months I'd say

The promo code must be redeemed by March 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Don't suppose we'll ever get a year for £24.99 like they did before?
    That was a brilliant price :)

Thanks for the heads up on the 6 month offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

How are people dealing with the 'only available in the UK' clause?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How are people dealing with the 'only available in the UK' clause?

Setting your parcel motel address as your default address usually does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Setting your parcel motel address as your default address usually does the trick.

Is that for Amazon.co.uk settings or X-box settings?
    Does it matter what region your x-box is set to?

• Advertisement

Is that for Amazon.co.uk settings or X-box settings?
    Does it matter what region your x-box is set to?

Bar a few exceptions Xbox codes are global.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement