Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Showing as €59.99 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same, might be specific offer for lapsed members?

maximoose wrote: »
    Same, might be specific offer for lapsed members?

dont think so, subscription already in place until august

screenshot

• Advertisement

do a search for "live" ,

click the "xbox live gold" not the "xbox live gold membership (digital code)"

might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭cullenswood

It showed up as 59.99 for me, until I logged in and then the price came down to 35.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Maybe just specific accounts. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I recently claimed the 1 month free for recurring billing, and I am not seeing it at a discount price. Perhaps it's related to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Just to add a bit of information based on my personal experience.

I had an active Live subscription from a code I bought on Amazon in 2017. It was one of those "UK only" special offers, and I availed of it by using my ParcelMotel address, etc. Late 2018, I acquired a Brazil code from cdkeys, but was unable to redeem it. Even after changing my account to Brazil, using VPN, etc, it simply wouldn't let me stack the Brazil code on top of my active UK subscription.

Fast forward to this past weekend, when my Live subscription was expired. Turned on VPN, redeemed the cdkeys code, and I'm again a Live subscriber. Now, it says that my subscription is Brazilian (R$149,00 every 12 months), so I suspect I won't be able to stack a UK code on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It showed up as 59.99 for me, until I logged in and then the price came down to 35.99

It's showing as 59.99 for me also, but I can't log in. It just hangs once I hit sign in after entering my password

JoyPad wrote: »
    Just to add a bit of information based on my personal experience.

I had an active Live subscription from a code I bought on Amazon in 2017. It was one of those "UK only" special offers, and I availed of it by using my ParcelMotel address, etc. Late 2018, I acquired a Brazil code from cdkeys, but was unable to redeem it. Even after changing my account to Brazil, using VPN, etc, it simply wouldn't let me stack the Brazil code on top of my active UK subscription.

Fast forward to this past weekend, when my Live subscription was expired. Turned on VPN, redeemed the cdkeys code, and I'm again a Live subscriber. Now, it says that my subscription is Brazilian (R$149,00 every 12 months), so I suspect I won't be able to stack a UK code on top of it.

No, Brazil is one of those few exceptions to the global keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

GBX wrote: »
    Maybe just specific accounts. Oh well.

It looks that way. I managed to sign in and it's still showing as 59.99 for me

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I recently claimed the 1 month free for recurring billing, and I am not seeing it at a discount price. Perhaps it's related to that!

When did you sign up and did you cancel straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

When did you sign up and did you cancel straight away?

Couple of days ago when the get 2 x 3 months for £15 offer was on at Amazon, and I cancelled straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Watch dogs 2 is on offer, slipped under the radar, for the next day or two. 14 for basic 27.50 for gold. Anyone have a recommendation as to which one to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

erkifino wrote: »
    Watch dogs 2 is on offer, slipped under the radar, for the next day or two. 14 for basic 27.50 for gold. Anyone have a recommendation as to which one to get?

Just go with the standard game. The Watch Dog games were a let down for me overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

ZiabR wrote: »
    Just go with the standard game. The Watch Dog games were a let down for me overall.

I agree though the 2nd was a slight improvement on the 1st, the driving was still a pain but much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I thought WD2 was pure crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The graphics are crap. Never brought out a One X patch.

I only played for about 45 mins and gave up. Yes the graphics are that bad. 900p on 4k screen does not go.

I loved the first watch dogs game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I thought WD2 was a much improved game over the first one, because the hero is supposed to be a hacker who can also shoot a gun, not (yet another) Rambo guy who can also hack computers.

In WD1, you could carry every possible weapon, so it was easier to wipe out every bad guy, then go in and pretend to do the hacking. On the other hand, WD2 imposes a limit of guns you can carry, and so it forces you to use stealth. The two remote devices come in rather handy here, making the game rather unique from other open world games. I resolved most of the puzzles without even getting out of the car, just park it at the kerb and use the jumper and the drone to solve the puzzle of hacking or stealing.

I've played the game on both XB1 and PC. Even when playing on PC, I chose to use a controller rather than keyboard and mouse, because it is much better for driving the jumper, the drone, and even cars and bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Amazon have Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Membership + 3 Months FREE for £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Live-Month-Membership-Months/dp/B078VQSFSJ/ref=gbph_tit_m-2_872b_87454b5d?tag=eurgam-jdpost-21

Edit: Showing as unavailable in ROI. VPN maybe?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Live-Month-Membership-Months/dp/B078VQSFSJ/ref=gbph_tit_m-2_872b_87454b5d?tag=eurgam-jdpost-21

Requires uk biling address. Us a Parcel Motel address or similar to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just Cause 3...now free on game pass....its a lot of fun

Anything to stop you doubling up to cover you for a year??? Would work out at €33 odd for the year.

EDIT: Actually there is "Please Note: Each customer can claim up to one Offer"

gmisk wrote: »
    Just Cause 3...now free on game pass....its a lot of fun

Not played any of the Just Cause games. Are they like Sunset Overdrive? Action packed mayhem?

• They use a hugely repetitive formula with tonnes of open-world filler. Decent fun in small doses.
    I've burn out from open world tropes set by these games however. The thoughts of playing this type of game at the moment :/

They use a hugely repetitive formula with tonnes of open-world filler. Decent fun in small doses.
    I've burn out from open world tropes set by these games however. The thoughts of playing this type of game at the moment :/

Roll on the 25th huh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not played any of the Just Cause games. Are they like Sunset Overdrive? Action packed mayhem?
    I have sunset overdrive...but never actually opened it lol

Its basically you free all these villages/towns, then some bigger missions where you destroy powerplants etc, its not deep but I find it a lot of fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement