Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Stupid question. (I'm new to Xbox)
    I have hard copies of FIFA 15 and forza BUT how come when there installed on the console I still need the disc inserted?

because otherwise you could install them on 20 xboxes with one disc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

ROAAAR wrote:
    I picked up Titan Fall Deluxe for 12.50e after buying 13 months of Xbox Live for 35e but still have no Xbox One yet That might change this evening! 

Where did you get the Xbox live for € 35, mine is out in a couple of days and don't fancy paying out € 50 for it again!!

trixiebust wrote: »
    Where did you get the Xbox live for € 35, mine is out in a couple of days and don't fancy paying out € 50 for it again!!

try gamespointsnow.com and pcgamesupply.com

http://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Xbox-Live-12-Month-Gold-Membership

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I don't think I've ever paid full price for Xbox Live :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

€31.49 here for 12 months Gold: https://www.cdkeys.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Mickeroo wrote:
    €31.49 here for 12 months Gold:

Thank you, this thread is the gift that keeps on giving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

https://www.simplycdkeys.com/search?keywords=Xbox+Live+Membership

It's pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

ROAAAR wrote: »

Will that work for a xbox set to ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Live is live, it works everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Pretty good Live deals here aswell
    http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I picked up Titan Fall Deluxe for 12.50e after buying 13 months of Xbox Live for 35e but still have no Xbox One yet:D:o
    That might change this evening! ;)

So sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Will there be any more deals on xb1 store? Would love forza 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

rottie 11 wrote: »

Might be this Monday, Aka Cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Might be this Monday, Aka Cyber Monday.

Ok cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Are the games deals only today?

titinfall for €12.50 and ryse for €30 seem good. dont really want to use my card though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

rottie 11 wrote: »

Forza 5 is cheap at g2a.com I think.

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Are the games deals only today?

titinfall for €12.50 and ryse for €30 seem good. dont really want to use my card though

Just checked. €23.75

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Just checked. €23.75

Sorry, that was meant to be a reply to Rottie 11 re Forza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sweet. Just bought two years worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I want to buy ea access for a year at 24.99 but I'm only given a card option. Can I not pay through PayPal some way?

Edit: All sorted! End route to getting ea access!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

Hoping you can help an xbox noob not ruin Christmas! The Santa list reads as follows:
    1. Xbox 360 with Minecraft
    ... and that is all.
    Having looked on the Smyths and Argos websites, there seems to be an array of options. 4GB, 250GB and 500GB seeming to be the storage options and then some are bundled with games. I have reserved this in Argos (as it seemed to have the best value storage-wise), but thought I should check with you more expert folks as to whether this is (a) the correct thing an (b) an ok deal and (c) that there's nothing wrong with having a blue xbox?!
    Thankee kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

itsmine wrote: »
    Hoping you can help an xbox noob not ruin Christmas! The Santa list reads as follows:
    ... and that is all.
    Having looked on the Smyths and Argos websites, there seems to be an array of options. 4GB, 250GB and 500GB seeming to be the storage options and then some are bundled with games. I have reserved this in Argos (as it seemed to have the best value storage-wise), but thought I should check with you more expert folks as to whether this is (a) the correct thing an (b) an ok deal and (c) that there's nothing wrong with having a blue xbox?!
    Thankee kindly!

It is indeed the right thing, just pick up Minecraft to go with it or else you can download it digitally from the Xbox arcade store on the console itself.

Not a thing wrong with a blue Xbox, I like the look of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

... and that is all.
    Thankee kindly!

I did not even know there was such a thing and now that I've seen it I'd like a blue one for myself !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

... and that is all.
    Thankee kindly!
    I had a 360 for 4 years and I only used 190gb out of my 250gb so I don't think you need 500gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Is it possible to buy a game from the us Xbox store? Is it cheaper? Can I then switch back to the Irish store?

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    I had a 360 for 4 years and I only used 190gb out of my 250gb so I don't think you need 500gb.

The particular one the OP linked to though is actually cheaper than some of the 250 GB models in argos , and it's blue !!!!!! :cool:

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a game from the us Xbox store? Is it cheaper? Can I then switch back to the Irish store?

Short answer no , long answer yes but can't be discussed here since MS started region locking the stores and clamping down it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Short answer no , long answer yes but can't be discussed here since MS started region locking the stores and clamping down it.

Microsoft are not region locking stores (Yet).

You can still switch marketplace using the features that are built into the OS. They are just using better payment validation to ensure that you have a valid payment method for that particular region.

Most Xbox One owners have noticed that if you try to watch an Xbox One video from the US region it straight away region blocks you. They could apply the same to marketplaces but haven't yet.

Offically you can make a purchase from any region as long as you have a valid payment method for the region. Unfortunately many of us don't :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement