Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Faker74 wrote: »
    When you are installing a game, I assume you mean from a disc if you are using a temporary account?

Doesn't matter, same installation file. If you are putting a game you have digitally on it you may want to put it on an external first so it doesn't need to be redownloaded. Just make sure that a disc version is available of the game being installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

If you wanna be even cheaper....get on to CEXs website, sort the PS4 and Xbox games in order of price, and available at your local store, then get searching. Picked up 3 games from the list for €8 each in CEX and my One S is currently being tested before the upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

What we're the 8e games

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What we're the 8e games

The ones I got were Extinction and Strange Brigade for XB1, and GalGun2 for PS4. But there are a good few more available. Just they were the first 3 I found available in my local CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Best price for 3 months games pass I've seen in a while.

€11.98 or if you have the Cdkeys discount, it's less.

Its stackable as usual.

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/3-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one

• Advertisement

Sorted the one x tonight, had to leave my One S for half an hour for testing. They didn't have any Forza editions, so they had to give me one with no game. Not ideal, but not bothered about a game i probably wouldn't play, and almost definitely wouldn't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Traded mine in earlier. Had no games so picked up 3 in Argos for €45. No hassle with the trade, there’s was some issue with their system which was showing the price as €150. He got on the phone to a manager and then manually adjusted it to €99. Took about an hour, but my brother was trading up too so probably added to the time.

He originally asked for the fallout bundle but that’s not included in the deal apparently. Only solo Xbox, Forza edition or the tomb raider/battlefield editions but supposedly there’s little to no stock of those two, he said they haven’t had them in stock in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

F me, is the Xbox so slow to use, 3 times it just went to black and locked up. I thought it was just an S issue but no this is slow too.

the corpo wrote: »
    Have reserved a few games in Argos, but won't get a chance to collect them until tomorrow, and then won't get to Gamestop until Saturday. Do they often or quickly update these lists? Anxious!

Yes lists change daily from what I understand.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yes lists change daily from what I understand.

The trade list normally changes once a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got an the xbox one x Forza deal there with two copies of Overcooked 2 and a copy of Strange Brigade. Ten minute job.

got mine this morning, felt my xbox was acting a bit funny lately and the controller was deffo on its way out, good timing

any idea what i should sell the forza horizon/motorsport codes for?

The trade list normally changes once a month.

Not from my exp, I traded in 2 games last month for MK and Days Gone and the next day those games were off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

There are 3 lists on their Gamestop.ie website.

One is for the 19.99 game trades.

One is for the Console Upgrades inclusion list

One is for the Weekly Game trade list

19.99 game trades list = 1 month
    console game inclusion list = 1 month
    regular new game trades = 1 week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Just did the deed in Gamestop Dundrum, 20 minutes. I asked about the list, and they said about once a month is changes.

They did ask me where I got the games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Battlefield 1 Revolution Inc. Battlefield 1943 for €1.79

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/battlefield-1-revolution-xbox-one

Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition for Xbox One Includes:

Battlefield 1 Base Game (One X Enhanced)
    Battlefield 1 Premium Pass
    Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition Content
    Battlefield 1 Hellfighther Pack
    Battlefield 1943 Full Game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    There are 3 lists on their Gamestop.ie website.

One is for the 19.99 game trades.

One is for the Console Upgrades inclusion list

One is for the Weekly Game trade list

19.99 game trades list = 1 month
    console game inclusion list = 1 month
    regular new game trades = 1 week

great post! cheers

Not from my exp, I traded in 2 games last month for MK and Days Gone and the next day those games were off the list.

That's because you traded them in the last day that list was valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Cheeky gits :D

What did you tell them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I was asked too...but only so they could tell others where to get them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

F me, is the Xbox so slow to use, 3 times it just went to black and locked up. I thought it was just an S issue but no this is slow too.

How do you mean?

didnt have that problem with the one-s never mind the one-x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

hellboy99 wrote:
    Battlefield 1 Revolution Inc. Battlefield 1943 for €1.79

Some price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Cheeky gits :D

What did you tell them? :)

hah, I told them, especially as I hadn't even removed the shrink wrap. They said fair game, the offer is the offer!

Overcooked 2 and Kingdom Come:Deliverance (both on the trade list) now down to €5 in Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

baldshin wrote: »
    Overcooked 2 and Kingdom Come:Deliverance (both on the trade list) now down to €5 in Smyths!

Good spot, although I assume stock is limited, no?

Thanks to the op on this too. Managed to get it in dundrum this evening (it wasn't even tested) worked out at 145 all in so I'm happy! Hope anyone else who's after one manages to get one.

Just for what it's worth I got monster Hunter and my hero ones Justice in Smyth's but for some reason when I did the click and collect I got a fiver off. It seemed to be some offer (although for the life of me I have no idea what it was) so just thought I'd flag it in case someone else can get it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Tempted to do this too. Are the Forza's physical copies? Have Gamepass so would trade it back in if that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Stevie_D_D wrote: »
    Tempted to do this too. Are the Forza's physical copies? Have Gamepass so would trade it back in if that was the case

Nope got the deal, it's digital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

cheers to hellboy99 for posting the bargain and sound lads in the Gamestop store in the parkway sc, limerick.

Spent €24 in CEX for 2 games,
    upgraded my gamestop membership to VIP for €15

gave them the 3 x games from the list
    handed in my xbox s 1tb
    exchanged the disc that they found in the used xbox - got €5 for it + €10 extra for first game exchanged under vip membership
    discovered a gamestop voucher card in my wallet that had 52.50 on it (from the time I upgraded old xbox one to the xbox one x last year)

total paid over for the xbox one x 1tb with forza horizon 4 and forza motorsport 7 = €32.49

and they threw in a grip pack for the controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ablelocks wrote: »
    cheers to hellboy99 for posting the bargain and sound lads in the Gamestop store in the parkway sc, limerick.

Spent €24 in CEX for 2 games,
    upgraded my gamestop membership to VIP for €15

gave them the 3 x games from the list
    handed in my xbox s 1tb
    exchanged the disc that they found in the used xbox - got €5 for it + €10 extra for first game exchanged under vip membership
    discovered a gamestop voucher card in my wallet that had 52.50 on it (from the time I upgraded old xbox one to the xbox one x last year)

total paid over for the xbox one x 1tb with forza horizon 4 and forza motorsport 7 = €32.49

and they threw in a grip pack for the controller

Yeah did the trade in there as well, upgraded my card but never did the extra game for a tender off but we're telling me the best way to do it, they were absolutely sound

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement